I could not decide where to put this

nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

Gosh.......BTS and I are 50 and need $450.00 worth of drugs each month......without insurance...............with insurance it is $105.00.

What is going to happen when we really get old??????

Our bodies are good for the next 5 years according to his heart doc and my oncologist. BTS will need a major heart operation and I might go through menopause again which will give me breast cancer again..........PPPBBBTTTTHHHH

It is just a thought for me now..BUT..............................
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
LilacDragon

Post by LilacDragon »

I thought menopause was a one time good deal? How can you go through it twice?
Sandi

nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

LilacDragon wrote: I thought menopause was a one time good deal? How can you go through it twice?

I wasn't supposed to do it for 8 years.......did it in 1 month with chemo at 48 ..... but my family does not do it until 55 years old. My doc just said I was pretty young.......48 instead of 55........when I get off tamoxifen I will be 53.........several years younger than the menopause of my family. My oncologist says it is UNLIKELY I could ever have a menstral period again bur possible..........my gynocologist says it is IMPOSSIBLE..........
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
Peg

Post by Peg »

Hey nvalleyvee, good to see you back. Why are they waiting 5 years for heart surgery? My belief is while it okay to plan for the future, why worry about the future? A lot can happen in 5 years.
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

nvalleyvee wrote: Gosh.......BTS and I are 50 and need $450.00 worth of drugs each month......without insurance...............with insurance it is $105.00.

What is going to happen when we really get old??????

Retire to Grate Brittian.
valerie

Post by valerie »

Boy, that's a tough one, and really makes me mad. We have to change

the system SOMEHOW.

Do you happen to have a Costco near you? You don't have to be a

member to use the pharmacy part. They are consistently MUCH cheaper

on prescription meds.

:-6
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

LilacDragon wrote: I thought menopause was a one time good deal? How can you go through it twice?
If you are taking estrogen and have to stop using it, you go through the menopause symptoms again. :(
venus

Post by venus »

wow sorry to hear that nv..

Thats a killer over there the health insurance thing..
take a bite out of life it's there to be tasted!!
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Health insurance here stinks-my husband maxed out my insurance, and they don't pay much for the one he has left. I pay all nursing costs out of pocket. That is really mean, I could claim I was sick and distrought over everything, go on disability, get medicare, yadda yadda. But I don't believe in that. I work the extra jobs to pay the nurse, so I can keep the fulltime job at school.:(

I don't know what to tell you for advice, NV, but it is a crummy system here.
Jives

Post by Jives »

nvalleyvee wrote: Gosh.......BTS and I are 50 and need $450.00 worth of drugs each month......without insurance...............with insurance it is $105.00.

I know what you mean! When it came out my RA medicine (Arava) was $412.00 a bottle!! That's totally ridiculous!!

Luckily I have school insurance which is very good, and also luckily they just came out with a generic version so my co-pay went way down.

Basically, you can't get sick anymore unless you can afford insurance or are an illegal alien or indigent.:-3
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”