An incredible ending to a boring night at work...

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

Wow. So, a co-worker of mine was driving me home after work tonight to pick up something she'd left at my place a day or 2 before. We climb into her truck and she decides she wants to stop at the gas station before taking me home. Cool....I gotta get smokes anyway, so we cross the road to the gas station and get our stuff.

As we're getting buckled in, we hear something, like a crash, but not sure. We pull around the gas station to cross back over the road, and holy crap....a smaller-type SUV was plowed into the light post. I see the back passenger side door open and this girl falls out, bloody as hell. Then a guy climbs out of the driver's side, sees us looking, (I think), and TURNS AROUND AND RUNS!!!! His girl is screaming, "Oh my God, I'm dying, it hurts it hurts!!!" and just gushing blood. All of that took about 4 seconds. We're still sitting in the truck, across the street, just flabbergasted.

I look over at my friend, she's already on her cell phone, so I haul ass out of the car to help this girl. She buckled as soon as she took 2 steps, thank God, because she was walking blindly out into the middle of the road. By the time she's all the way down, I'm next to her, trying to calm her down, and asking her name, and is there something in the car I can get to stop the bleeding...etc, etc. I grab a shirt, (hopefully the jackass boyfriends) and press it to the nice huge gash running from her hairline, between her eyes and 1/2 way down her nose. My girlfriend catches up with me at that point and is still on the phone with the cops.

This girl had blood from her head to her shins. She was alternating between calm, (which is when I got the boyfriends name and address) and complete hysteria, screaming that she's dying.

Another car pulls up and this pretty young girl comes over and just kind of takes charge. She's a nurse. I mean....what are the chances? She starts taking her vitals, asking all the right things, and being very calm and strong.

A couple minutes later, here come the cops and ambulance. I was so thrilled to be able to give a description of the ass-wipe boyfriend, AND his name and address, and I told the cops, "If you need a line-up, whatever. WHATEVER you need from me...call me 24/7. That dirtbag didn't so much as ATTEMPT to come around the car and see if his girl was ok, he...just....RAN."

I hope to God the S.O.B. does try to lie his way out of it and they need me to testify, or ID him or whatever. That girl was seriously messed up. I haven't seen that much blood since working in the vet clinic.

Nothing like a good sudden adrenaline rush to keep you up all friggin' night!!!

*WHEW!!!!*
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Good going, BR. Well done. What an ending to your day.

I wonder what the hell they had been up to that he just ran off without even checking on her. I hope she has the sense to have no more to do with him.
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

OpenMind wrote: Good going, BR. Well done. What an ending to your day.

I wonder what the hell they had been up to that he just ran off without even checking on her. I hope she has the sense to have no more to do with him.
Well, when we asked her if that was her boyfriend who just booked on her, she said, "No, that's my EX-boyfriend!!"

I'm sure he was drunk and panicked. Doesn't excuse being an a$$hole, though. They'll get him, and when they do, I hope they nail his hide to the wall.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

You did great, BR!:-4

They will charge that guy for leaving the scene of an accident, and other charges. Glad she told you his name and everything to report him.
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

I think you're terrific BR!!! And very lucky for the injured girl that you and your friend happened to be there!! No excuse for the cowardly ex boyfriend.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Okie

Post by Okie »

AussiePam wrote: I think you're terrific BR!!! And very lucky for the injured girl that you and your friend happened to be there!! No excuse for the cowardly ex boyfriend.

You would have done great there too, I am sure since your job entailed emergency aid as well as other work.

I once was cruising past a bar with two girls in the car with me and some thugs had just knocked a guy down behind their picup truck and were getting in to back over him and those girls lept out and dragged him clear. They did it so fast I had not even got the car stopped yet. Happens those same two girls got tossed in jail a few days later because they got into a fight with one of the moms and she kicked theri butt then called the law and had them locked up. Good looking gals but both had a mean streak. Inborn I think.
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

Any news on the charming fellow who took off??
OutsideLookinIn

Post by OutsideLookinIn »

Let me add my "Great Work BR!" to the rest of the kudos! Let us know if you get to identify the jackass.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

She is one lucky girl you and your friend were right there, had she gone into shock who knows what her out come would have been. BRAVO LADY YOU DID GREAT.. :cool:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Why do I still get amazed by the things people do ? He'll get his for sure. You done good cuddles. Your instincts tell me volumes about who you are. Your one of the good ones. :-4
I AM AWESOME MAN
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

flopstock wrote: Have I mentioned lately that you're my hero? This is merely another example of why...:-4

What Floppy said :-4
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

Who ya gonna call?

Next time I think I'll pass on Ghostbusters and go for you BR.

You could do with an "Ass Wipe" & a "Bloody Mary" to calm down

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
DesignerGal

Post by DesignerGal »

Good for you! I always admire people who keep their wits about them in an emergency. Whats the latest?

HBIC
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

No news on the creep that ran yet, but it hasn't been that long. I'm sure we'll be hearing something about it soon.

And thanks guys, but I didn't do anything any different than any of you would have.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

minks

Post by minks »

A credit to human kind BR. You did great.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

minks wrote: A credit to human kind BR. You did great.

Ohhh

That was really nice

Minksy :-4
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

BabyRider wrote: No news on the creep that ran yet, but it hasn't been that long. I'm sure we'll be hearing something about it soon.

And thanks guys, but I didn't do anything any different than any of you would have.

BR. You know very well that if it had been someone else, you would have been singing their praises. Stand up and be counted.:-6
Jives

Post by Jives »

BabyRider wrote:

I'm sure he was drunk and panicked. Doesn't excuse being an a$$hole, though.

Freakin A! Well...just when you think life is boring, that's when this kind of thing happens to you! Great story, BR!:D
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

flopstock wrote: And therein lies the true beauty of you, girl! You behave as if that were a true statement.

Personally, I would hope I would and could, just as good a chance I would be screaming alongside the victim...:D
Flop, they always say you never know what you are capable of till you are put into a situation. It's not a big deal to grab a shirt and hold it to a wonded person to stop the bleeding. That's all I did. You would, too, you wouldn't be screaming. It's just instinctive. Nothing more. Your brain kinda takes over your body and just does what needs doing. Nothing "unusual" about it at all....you guys are embarrassing me now... :yh_blush
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

BabyRider wrote: Flop, they always say you never know what you are capable of till you are put into a situation. It's not a big deal to grab a shirt and hold it to a wonded person to stop the bleeding. That's all I did. You would, too, you wouldn't be screaming. It's just instinctive. Nothing more. Your brain kinda takes over your body and just does what needs doing. Nothing "unusual" about it at all....you guys are embarrassing me now... :yh_blush

You possibly saved a life, BR. There's no greater deed.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Here here OM you are correct. :D BR, you did save her life, like I said if that young women had gone into shock her outcome would have been very different. You were first on the scene and that is so very important to keep them talking and asking questions...!! YOUR MY HERO KIDDO.. :-4

[QUOTE]BR. You know very well that if it had been someone else, you would have been singing their praises. Stand up and be counted.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

minks

Post by minks »

And don't be embarassed with the reactions from everyone....tis worth the recognition.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
valerie

Post by valerie »

Jives wrote: Great story, BR!:D

At least we know HERS is true.

:cool:
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

valerie wrote: At least we know HERS is true.

:cool:

Play nicely

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
Eve Zapple

Post by Eve Zapple »

hey there babyrider, Unbeleivable! to have been there just at the right time, and being able to help. I'm sure you'll be that girls hero for a long time to come.

Great Job!:yh_worshp
valerie

Post by valerie »

Uncle Kram wrote: Play nicely

Oh, I am, I am!!

:yh_bigsmi
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Getting in line behind the LOOOONG list of your friends and fans.....!

HOORAY FOR YOU, BR! I'm buying....what're you having?:-6 And then, I'll help :guitarist your praises!
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”