scott peterson case~penalty phase to begin

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

WOW! i asked about a crimes and trials forum and here it is! :) i hope we will have some discussions here about current events in the justice system. i am on my way to my 3-day tour of duty and won't be able to be here much, until i am off duty monday evening. but look forward to this being an interesting forum. Thankyou so much for creating it!! tuesday begins the penalty phase in the scott peterson trial, what do all of you think will happen there? have a great weekend everyone!
LoveMama

Post by LoveMama »

lady cop wrote: WOW! i asked about a crimes and trials forum and here it is! :) i hope we will have some discussions here about current events in the justice system. i am on my way to my 3-day tour of duty and won't be able to be here much, until i am off duty monday evening. but look forward to this being an interesting forum. Thankyou so much for creating it!! tuesday begins the penalty phase in the scott peterson trial, what do all of you think will happen there? have a great weekend everyone!

lady cop.....I think they'll pick the 'chair'.........but hope Life.....with no parole.

A much worse sentence! That's supposed to be the 30th of this month right?

I know you don't agree with me......ask me if I care!

lady cop. We do not have the money here in CA to afford another Death Row Prisoner! We do NOT! WE the taxpayers are paying for this and believe me it's not like shopping and putting money back into the economy.

That jury I'm afraid has made of their mind ......I hope Scott has YEARS to think about what he's done!

xxxxxxxxoooooo

mama
Cass

Post by Cass »

LoveMama... are you joking about the chair? they don't do that anymore you know LOL

Now it's just a needle and they drift peacefully off to sleep... Scott does not deserve that. :mad:
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I don't care what they do to ol SCOTTY...!! Just get it over with.. I'm sick of that smirk on his face..!!

LOCK HIM UP FOR LIFE, OR KILL HIM.. JUST DO IT..!! :mad:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

lady cop

Post by lady cop »

AmericanGirl wrote: I think it will be worse for him to be put in the general population.....he may not last long there as he is a celebrity and probably targeted by many inside the prison....Not a apretty picture...I think that would be better for him as the DP would give him a private cell .......although from what I hear that is pretty gloomy too!!! :guitarist :wah:
first, Lovemama (hi sweetie!) ...i do agree with you! i approve of DP in this case, but not because i think they will actually execute him. it means a tougher regime for him on the "row". and American Girl, (brilliant friend of mine) , he will not go into gen. pop. for years due to his notoriety. they will have to AC (administrative custody) him for his own protection for some time. which means most of his time in lockdown. no contact with others except through bars, recreation alone, no going to regular programs, it's not punitive, but it's not easy. either way, he won't be at the eiffel tower this New Years. :D
LoveMama

Post by LoveMama »

>>^..^ LoveMama... are you joking about the chair? they don't do that anymore you know LOL

Now it's just a needle and they drift peacefully off to sleep... Scott does not deserve that. :mad:

He deserve's the CHAIR. LOL I know they don't use it anymore......but they did and IF I believed in the death penalty, I'd rather he got the "CHAIR"

I'm too old to change what I call the 'death penalty'......... :D heeheeheeheeheehee

xxxxxxxo

mama
Gabs

Post by Gabs »

Personally I think the type of death that he sentenced Laci and Conner to would be perfect :

A cold dark watery grave, with fishes and other marine life eating away on his rotting flesh...

:sneaky:

But this is just my opinion... :-2
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

but think of this my friends...once you are dead and "past your pain" to quote anne boleyn, it's done. instead, a lifetime of monotony. boredom. loneliness. sorrow. self-pity. the same routine every single day forever. no steak. no woman. no beach. no hugs. no ice cream. no car. no fridge to rummage through. no choices in anything. no nice clothes. no warmth. no flowers. no vacation or trips or anything at all to look forward to. no shopping. no true laughter. no cuddling with your loved one. no deciding to go out to dinner or a movie. no 600-thread-count sheets or down comforters. no anticipation of anything! total and utter living death. no diving on the reef and catching lobster. no moonlight through palm trees. no walking duval street in key west and seeing red sails in the gorgeous sunset. no guinness in an English pub. no tenderness of any sort. ....you know, i believe in the death penalty, but in this case i want to impose all i just suggested. it is worse than death.
greydeadhead

Post by greydeadhead »

true.. that would be a better punishment.. but lets add to it. .make him stare at pictures of Laci and Connor everytime he opens his eyes.. little Clockwork Orange technique...
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap
LoveMama

Post by LoveMama »

From the NY POST this morning. Interesting to say the least. Would Amber actaully be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxxxxxxxoooooooo

mama

LACI PIX THAT MAY DOOM SCOTT By HOWARD BREUER

-------------------

Email Archives

Print Reprint

http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/35356.htm

November 29, 2004 -- LOS ANGELES — Beautiful childhood photos of tragic Laci Peterson — most of which were kept from jurors to avoid stirring their emotions during Scott Peterson's murder trial — will be a key to the prosecution's case for execution.

After hearing opening statements by both sides tomorrow, jurors who convicted Scott of two counts of murder could for the first time see photos of Laci as a toddler, with pigtails flopping out of the baseball cap of her softball uniform, and jamming into a photo with other cheerleaders at Thomas Downey HS in Modesto.

In each photo, the little girl grows up, but the dimply smile that broke America's heart never changes.

The photos "will have a powerful impact," said legal analyst Dean Johnson, a former prosecutor in San Mateo County — the same venue where five days of penalty-phase testimony commences tomorrow after an eight-day delay.

"This case will be known forever as the case of the lady with the beautiful smile. And that's what a penalty phase is all about. This is a family that will never see her flash that beautiful smile again," he said.

The jury also will hear from four close relatives, including her mother, Sharon Rocha.

There are many photos of Laci embracing her two-timing husband, whom she met over a decade ago while the two attended Cal Poly San Luis Obispo.

Those photos were banned from Laci's public memorial service last year and from some Laci memorial Web sites. :mad:

One of the most frequently shown images is that of Laci seven months pregnant and sitting alone at a Christmas party. Wearing a red maternity outfit and high heels, Laci smiles to the photographer, thinking her husband was called away on business when in reality he was with his mistress, Amber Frey.

A few days later, Peterson killed his pregnant wife and dumped her body in the San Francisco Bay.

Jurors also will hear testimony from Laci's stepfather, Ron Grantski; her brother, Brent Rocha; and her sister, Amy Rocha. Each will say what life is like without Laci and the child they'll never know.

The defense will present witnesses such as Peterson's parents, Lee and Jacqueline Peterson, his sister, Janey Peterson, and people who knew him earlier in life such as a high-school teacher, the pastor from his church, and possibly Frey, who opposes the death penalty.
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

LoveMama wrote: November 29, 2004 -- LOS ANGELES — Beautiful childhood photos of tragic Laci Peterson — most of which were kept from jurors to avoid stirring their emotions during Scott Peterson's murder trial — will be a key to the prosecution's case for execution.

After hearing opening statements by both sides tomorrow, jurors who convicted Scott of two counts of murder could for the first time see photos of Laci as a toddler, with pigtails flopping out of the baseball cap of her softball uniform, and jamming into a photo with other cheerleaders at Thomas Downey HS in Modesto.

Well I'll be buggered. What bloody nonsense. Why the hell should the penalty for murdering someone have any relationship to what sort of person they were when they were a child? Sorry, but that's got right up my nose.

Return to “Crimes Trials”