The Camping Conspiracy

Post by Betty Boop »

Uncle Kram wrote: So this was when you were about 17 right? :-3 ..........:D

:D Nah I was at least 21! ;)
Erinna1112

The Camping Conspiracy

Post by Erinna1112 »

Jives wrote: LOL! Good one.:wah:
Thankyew...thankyewverymuch. Try the veal, I'm here all week.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I swear by my life - and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~Ayn Rand

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

A*M*E*N!
Hugh Janus

The Camping Conspiracy

Post by Hugh Janus »

I remember trying camping as an adult, thinking it would be a cheap family holiday. I borrowed a frame tent from a friend, and spent a few hours with him, while he showed me how to put it up.

My mother wanted to come on our first outing. But that was no problem.

We arrived at the site at about 10pm. It was dark and quiet. We hurridly erected the tent, but I could not find the guy ropes to peg it down. I found one or two, but without a lamp, (well it was our first time, we forgot lots of things) it was almost impossible. Next morning I was awake early, about 5:30am. I went to the shower block and as I was making my way back, picking my way gingerly through all the other tents and guy lines. I noticed that our tent was a different colour from the colour it should have been. Horror upon horrors. We had put the canvas on, inside out. I had to swiftly wake everyone up and turn the canvas over before anyone saw what a total bunch of incompetant "noobs" we were. It turned out that my mother had seen all the guylines inside the canvas and had tied them all into "pretty" bows around the frame. However it was a great holiday, and my kids just loved it. I would recomend it to anyone...
Carolyn

The Camping Conspiracy

Post by Carolyn »

I went on my first camping trip soon after my hubby and I got married. I loved it. The tent, the sound of the rain on the tent some nights, collecting wood, the campfire, cooking on a small grill, and the solitude that included all the wonderful sounds of nature. After our son was born, we kept on going camping every year. But, as time went by we started making changes. We went from a tent to a pop-up camper. From that to a small trailer. From that to a larger trailer on our own land in the woods on the Tittabawasee River. The thing is-- the most fun I remember having was when we just had the tent. We spent more time outside. Now we have air conditioning, a full kitchen with microwave, T.V., and a VCR. "Ruffing it" was a lot more fun.
Laughter is the shortest distance

between two people. Hugo

And the song, from beginning to end,

I found again in the heart of a friend. Longfellow

Return to “Conspiracy Theories”