Canning Season Has Started

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

The stawberries, blueberries and tomatos have already come in. I did jam and jelly for the fruit and I'm going to do Salsa for the tomatoes manana. I have jalapeno and onions.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

Ohhhh....I SO miss my garden. :( There is just no way to plant anything here. As soon as this BS with Matt is over, we're moving to Georgia. We decided that today. I'm going to be able to have a garden again. Then I'm going to want some canning tips from you, NV. That's something I've never tried before.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, tamales. I want some of those!:)

Beef ones, pork ones, sweet ones with raisin, and the candied ones with napolitos cooked that special way.
Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

You can send me some of that strawberry jam, if ya have to many jars on hand. I'll be sure to put it to good use. :D

ooh and NV my daughter just saw your AV and she said " mama look at that pig jumping up and down" :wah:
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
valerie

Post by valerie »

nvalleyvee wrote: The stawberries, blueberries and tomatos have already come in. I did jam and jelly for the fruit and I'm going to do Salsa for the tomatoes manana. I have jalapeno and onions.

ALREADY? Around here it's not usually time to can until like August

or so. I mean, that people actually do it. Our wet spring held us back

quite a bit this year, though.

Good for you for doing that, there's nothing quite like it, is there?

:-6
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

Since my brother retired a few years back, he has done alot of canning. Usually hot peppers and salsa. Rick and I , of course, always get some. The only rule is we have to save the jars and give them back to him for next time!!
Jives

Post by Jives »

We have a couple of plum trees, one peach, one apple, and a gigantic "peachcot" (A cross between a peach and an apricot.)

The peachcot puts out bushels of fruit every year and it's fantastic. My wife makes jams, jellies and apple butter enough to last the whole year. We even let all the neighbors come over and harvest all they want, and I'm still picking up peachcots from the driveway fro three months.:-2
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
valerie

Post by valerie »

Jives wrote: We have a couple of plum trees, one peach, one apple, and a gigantic "peachcot" (A cross between a peach and an apricot.)

The peachcot puts out bushels of fruit every year and it's fantastic. My wife makes jams, jellies and apple butter enough to last the whole year. We even let all the neighbors come over and harvest all they want, and I'm still picking up peachcots from the driveway fro three months.:-2

That's one AMAZING woman, j-low, gravely ill and manages to do all the

hot, heavy work (okay well granted it's not FLAME THROWING) :cool:

canning requires.

Oops, wait a minnit, that's right, silly me, I forgot, was it after your 12 hours

in the doc's waiting room that they found an antibiotic to treat? No, I'm sorry,

must have been the aspirin and Epsom salts. Yeah, yeah, that was it.

:D
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

BabyRider wrote: Ohhhh....I SO miss my garden. :( There is just no way to plant anything here. As soon as this BS with Matt is over, we're moving to Georgia. We decided that today. I'm going to be able to have a garden again. Then I'm going to want some canning tips from you, NV. That's something I've never tried before.

BR........I'd be happy to help you.

I have 24 pints of Apricot Jam - OMG way too much...... (didn't get any apricots last year), 27 pints of red chili sauce, 8 oints of strawberry jam, 8 1/2 pints of blueberry and 17 pints of salsa. The garden is just now coming in and BTS and I are looking at buying more storage space....I'm f...ked for the summer....:-5 :wah:
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

SnoozeControl wrote: If you make tamales again this Christmas, that salsa should taste yummy with them. :yh_drool

You got it..........dry ice for shipping.......LOL.....it would work.
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

Marie5656 wrote: Since my brother retired a few years back, he has done alot of canning. Usually hot peppers and salsa. Rick and I , of course, always get some. The only rule is we have to save the jars and give them back to him for next time!!

..:)

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”