Can VS USA

MOTime

Can VS USA

Post by MOTime »

This is an opinoin asking post Who would win Canada or the United States in an all out war Front line or Guerilla I need some opinions on that THX
lady cop

Can VS USA

Post by lady cop »

you didn't see the south park movie?
MOTime

Can VS USA

Post by MOTime »

No but who wopuld win it is kind of an interesting debate and disscusion topic
minks

Can VS USA

Post by minks »

Good lord where do you live???????
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
lady cop

Can VS USA

Post by lady cop »

you need to rent this! Directed by

Trey Parker

Writing credits

Trey Parker (television series South Park) &

Matt Stone (television series South Park) ...

(more)

Add to MyMoviesPhotosIMDbPro Professional Details

Genre: Animation / Comedy / Musical (more)

Tagline: All Hell Breaks Loose (more)

Plot Outline: When the four boys see an R-rated movie featuring Canadians Terrance & Phillip, they are pronounced "corrupted", and their parents pressure the United States to wage war against Canada. (more) (view trailer)
MOTime

Can VS USA

Post by MOTime »

north
minks

Can VS USA

Post by minks »

MOTime wrote: north

North ok in Canada or USA?? If America at all???

― Mae West
minks

Can VS USA

Post by minks »

Don't be shy just inquiring before I answer this.

― Mae West
MOTime

Can VS USA

Post by MOTime »

Canada
minks

Can VS USA

Post by minks »

MOTime wrote: Canada

ahhhh well I hope this isn't a serious Q cause I think you know as well as I know, us Canucks would get our sorry butts kicked. This is of course if we did not receive outside help.

― Mae West
MOTime

Can VS USA

Post by MOTime »

what if we recived help from Australia or England also what about guirella warfare
minks

Can VS USA

Post by minks »

MOTime wrote: what if we recived help from Australia or England also what about guirella warfare

Ok I don't think there are to many countries out there that would support Canada against the USA. For one we share the largest border on the planet that is a huge area to protect, and what country has that kind of man power except maybe N Korea. And who stands to benifit by defending us over the USA???? Unless we are willing to give up our vast wasteland in return for Defense.

I don't know about Australia, but England supports the US in war, why would they go against them to wage a war against Canada?

― Mae West
MOTime

Can VS USA

Post by MOTime »

your talking about a front line war also even in a front line war it wont be an even strenght across the war I also just found an interesting fact on the nets Canada wins on average about 4/5 wargames played against the USA; also how far forward do you think the USA would get if they were to attack with suprise?
minks

Can VS USA

Post by minks »

MOTime wrote: your talking about a front line war also even in a front line war it wont be an even strenght across the war I also just found an interesting fact on the nets Canada wins on average about 4/5 wargames played against the USA; also how far forward do you think the USA would get if they were to attack with suprise?

But wargames are just that games. Canadians do not have the training, or the resources, or the numbers to be of any competition in real life to go to war against the USA. We have closed down so many military bases across the country because we always believed the USA would be our ally forever and ever.

HAH if the USA attacked us by surprise, I think we would be done for.

We just don't gear ourselves here to be millitant. So very different than the USA.

― Mae West
MOTime

Can VS USA

Post by MOTime »

United States Of America:

Manpower fit for military service:

males age 18-49: 54,609,050

females age 18-49: 54,696,706 (2005 est.)

Pulled From:cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/us.html#Military
minks

Can VS USA

Post by minks »

MOTime wrote: United States Of America:

males age 18-49: 54,609,050

females age 18-49: 54,696,706 (2005 est.)

Pulled From:cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/us.html#Military

and Canadians?????

― Mae West
MOTime

Can VS USA

Post by MOTime »

So your saying that We would be done for Even If all the Red necks and farmers across canada pulled together with hunting rifles and sticks of dynamite that we would still lose the war Im not gonna disagree that we would be totaly wiped from the invasion but a lot of resistance and rebel groups would emerge and fight against them (Example is Red Dawn Its A movie aboutsovits attacking the USa but A bunch of High School Kids Baned Together and fight the soviets in A rebel War)

Canada:

males age 16-49: 6,740,490 (2005 est.)

Pulled From The CIA Fact Book
minks

Can VS USA

Post by minks »

MOTime wrote: So your saying that We would be done for Even If all the Red necks and farmers across canada pulled together with hunting rifles and sticks of dynamite that we would still lose the war Im not gonna disagree that we would be totaly wiped from the invasion but a lot of resistance and rebel groups would emerge and fight against them (Example is Red Dawn Its A movie aboutsovits attacking the USa but A bunch of High School Kids Baned Together and fight the soviets in A rebel War)

I think to have that kind of rebellion you have to consider the following....

we have a much smaller population here..... so

mano-a-mano we loose

Many of us Canadians have taken the peace-able route throughout our lives so would not take up arms to fight...we loose

I don't think we have a whole great vast quantity of resistance groups here that would go against the USA.

Sure there is strength in numbers, but that number has to all be fighting for the same cause. I don't see us having those kinds of numbers.

― Mae West
MOTime

Can VS USA

Post by MOTime »

Do you think that the USA would use Nuclear or Chemical Weapons against Canada

I'm think no the fallout would sprerad south. Right?

Pls Correct me if im wrong
minks

Can VS USA

Post by minks »

MOTime wrote: Do you think that the USA would use Nuclear or Chemical Weapons against Canada

I'm think no the fallout would sprerad south. Right?

Pls Correct me if im wrong

I do agree with you here yes.

― Mae West
MOTime

Can VS USA

Post by MOTime »

I now must of course debate on the training of canadaian soliders I belive they are way better trained than the united states soldiers The united states i think Relies on its technology way to much not that that is a bad think

Highlights from a news story

Pulled From:freerepublic.com/focus/news/713521/posts

"The Canadian snipers are professional, well-trained soldiers who walk into harm's way and fulfilled their mission. They represent the best and they have our respect." said by a US soldier

In a separate incident, Bill and James found themselves looking up at a large dark object screaming out of the sky directly above them.

It was a 220-kilogram American bomb.

"We hit the deck and covered our heads with our hands," said James.

The bomb landed 30 metres away, nose in, and never went off.

Bill and James looked at each other in disbelief.

"By the grace of God, it was a dud," said by Canadian Soldiers

Finally, an American sniper tossed him his rifle and said: "Here, you know how to use this better than I do."

"They were instrumental in helping us achieve our goals out there," said 1st Lieut. Justin Overbaugh, 25, of Missoula, Mont., the soldier who recommended Bill and James for Bronze Stars.

"They are professionals; they are very good at what they do; they train hard, they are very mature, they are tactically and technically proficient so when it came time to do business, they were on," he said.

"If they told me I was going out right now, I'd be begging, kicking, screaming, crying for them to come with us."

I have stated my evidence I ask for your opinion
minks

Can VS USA

Post by minks »

MOTime wrote: I now must of course debate on the training of canadaian soliders I belive they are way better trained than the united states soldiers The united states i think Relies on its technology way to much not that that is a bad think

Highlights from a news story

Pulled From:freerepublic.com/focus/news/713521/posts

"The Canadian snipers are professional, well-trained soldiers who walk into harm's way and fulfilled their mission. They represent the best and they have our respect." said by a US soldier

In a separate incident, Bill and James found themselves looking up at a large dark object screaming out of the sky directly above them.

It was a 220-kilogram American bomb.

"We hit the deck and covered our heads with our hands," said James.

The bomb landed 30 metres away, nose in, and never went off.

Bill and James looked at each other in disbelief.

"By the grace of God, it was a dud," said by Canadian Soldiers

Finally, an American sniper tossed him his rifle and said: "Here, you know how to use this better than I do."

"They were instrumental in helping us achieve our goals out there," said 1st Lieut. Justin Overbaugh, 25, of Missoula, Mont., the soldier who recommended Bill and James for Bronze Stars.

"They are professionals; they are very good at what they do; they train hard, they are very mature, they are tactically and technically proficient so when it came time to do business, they were on," he said.

"If they told me I was going out right now, I'd be begging, kicking, screaming, crying for them to come with us."

I have stated my evidence I ask for your opinion

Tis interesting indeed and nice to know we get some recognition from the USA. I can only say that based on what you presented it is nice to read. I have no military experience and I wish our members Far and Jives were here to give you some serious experienced input. It is impressive but I am sure the USA has specialty teams that would impress us as well.

Perhaps this puts us on an equal playing field, I don't know, as well I still believe numbers in a US vs Can war would be our undoing.

And maybe in the end, we just compliment each other in warfare and neither is better. I really am not backing away from this, I am simply saying I don't have a ton of facts beyond what I have stated already.

― Mae West
MOTime

Can VS USA

Post by MOTime »

Fair is Fair I have been defeated just as ants defeat catapiller by numbers I thank you for your opinions and hope we can agree that the Question of Canada And America in A war the outcome can not be known unless there actualy is a war You have oppened my eyes to a new side of this and if the other members cvome around referthem to this thread so that they can post there ideas and facts?
minks

Can VS USA

Post by minks »

MOTime wrote: Fair is Fair I have been defeated just as ants defeat catapiller by numbers I thank you for your opinions and hope we can agree that the Question of Canada And America in A war the outcome can not be known unless there actualy is a war You have oppened my eyes to a new side of this and if the other members cvome around referthem to this thread so that they can post there ideas and facts?

Certainly. And beyond this thread go on and introduce yourself and stick around, this place can be eye opening as well.

― Mae West
moody1

Can VS USA

Post by moody1 »

If we're going to include the aspect of possible alliances then you'd have to consider who is the aggressor and the such. If USA suddenly feel the urge for global domination and invade Canada, I think that possibly the EU would join together to stand up against the US as they know that is their best bet (sorry if this sounds naive), if we don't include alliances, considering the Iraq afghanistan and possibly developing Iran situation, America may be slightly handicapped. I think that some Arabic contries may take advantage of the situation and rise against troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, but in any case I think USA would pull out of the two countries to face Canada. America would win the war even with such a handicap, technological superiority would be crucial.
Don't stay in bed unless you can make money in bed
BabyRider

Can VS USA

Post by BabyRider »

Wow, here's an old thread bumped that I never saw. Cool. Sorry to say guys, but if the States decided for some odd reason to attack Canada, we'd win that fight hands-down. Our military training is vastly superior, we have a larger arsenal of all types of weapons available to us, and our Special Forces teams, (Seals, Green Berets, Rangers, etc....) are a major force to be reckoned with.

I can't see it ever happening, EVER, but yeah, we'd kick the snot out of Canada.

(Still love ya' Minksie!! :-4 )
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

minks

Can VS USA

Post by minks »

BabyRider wrote: Wow, here's an old thread bumped that I never saw. Cool. Sorry to say guys, but if the States decided for some odd reason to attack Canada, we'd win that fight hands-down. Our military training is vastly superior, we have a larger arsenal of all types of weapons available to us, and our Special Forces teams, (Seals, Green Berets, Rangers, etc....) are a major force to be reckoned with.

I can't see it ever happening, EVER, but yeah, we'd kick the snot out of Canada.

(Still love ya' Minksie!! :-4 )

ahrumph...... on that note I am taking my toys and going home.

― Mae West
BabyRider

Can VS USA

Post by BabyRider »

minks wrote: ahrumph...... on that note I am taking my toys and going home.
I have a better idea....why not "defect" to the States??!!! I've got room for ya!! :yh_rotfl :yh_kiss
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Accountable

Can VS USA

Post by Accountable »

MOTime wrote: This is an opinoin asking post Who would win Canada or the United States in an all out war Front line or Guerilla I need some opinions on that THXMexico.
minks

Can VS USA

Post by minks »

BabyRider wrote: I have a better idea....why not "defect" to the States??!!! I've got room for ya!! :yh_rotfl :yh_kiss

Ahahaha I have baggage ya know.

― Mae West
spot

Can VS USA

Post by spot »

Nobody seems to have considered that if this proposed attack became a likely scenario, France would step in and declare solidarity with the Canadians. They might even fly troops into Quebec as a deterrent. I think that would put a stop to the invasion.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
minks

Can VS USA

Post by minks »

spot wrote: Nobody seems to have considered that if this proposed attack became a likely scenario, France would step in and declare solidarity with the Canadians. They might even fly troops into Quebec as a deterrent. I think that would put a stop to the invasion.

and what of the countries that just don't like the USA, what do you think Korea would do? Come to our aid just for a reason to attack the USA or stay out of it all together, or what about the middle east? I wonder.

But in all reality.... I just can't see it happening. These 2 countries share the longest unprotected boarder in the world and really over time we have not faught about much. Soooooo lets be glad we can get along so well.

― Mae West
spot

Can VS USA

Post by spot »

Minks just doesn't want all those Frenchmen in uniforms walking round her hometown.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
minks

Can VS USA

Post by minks »

spot wrote: Minks just doesn't want all those Frenchmen in uniforms walking round her hometown.

Take Quebec Please ahahahahaha

I love the french really I do I do

― Mae West
downag

Can VS USA

Post by downag »

An implausable concept.

Canada and the USA are joined at the hip and there's no way a war would break out between them.

I used to work for a Romulus, Mich. based company (auto parts) that had factories in Canada. How many of them are there? Lots!

Import-export considerations (food, electricity, what more?).

I'd be more worried about Russia deciding they needed our wheat and oil fields (both of ours) and we were ripe for the taking. They can get here over the pole real fast.
spot

Can VS USA

Post by spot »

downag wrote: Canada and the USA are joined at the hip and there's no way a war would break out between them.A curious assertion, given that it has in the past, just as it has with the only other country to share their land border.

downag wrote: I'd be more worried about Russia deciding they needed our wheat and oil fields (both of ours) and we were ripe for the taking. They can get here over the pole real fast.I'm not sure that even the Pentagon prepared plans to counter an invasion from the USSR by the polar route, not in all the years of the Cold War - you do know the Cold War's over now don't you, downag? If anyone can come up with a reference to such a plan I'd be very excited.
downag

Can VS USA

Post by downag »

spot wrote: A curious assertion, given that it has in the past, just as it has with the only other country to share their land border.

I'm not sure that even the Pentagon prepared plans to counter an invasion from the USSR by the polar route, not in all the years of the Cold War - you do know the Cold War's over now don't you, downag? If anyone can come up with a reference to such a plan I'd be very excited.

NORAD (North American Air Defense Command) has had a line of radar stations across northern Canada for many years. It is joint run by both governments. I am not sure of missle silos in Canada but the US's are centrally located in our midwest and are aimed over the poles, among other directions. It is the shortest path to Russia. You think no one thought of it (SMERK)!

Does anyone know if they still send out the B-52's to the "fail safe" points anymore?

And what's that about water in Canada? We share borders with the largest concentration of fresh water in the world; ie. Lake Superior, Lake Michigan (oops, that's all America's but water is funny, it flows where it wants to, usually) Lake Huron, Lake St. Clair, Lake Erie and Lake Ontario.

The rest of the world envies us for them.

God sure did bless our great lands!

d:-5
spot

Can VS USA

Post by spot »

Downag you strange person, I can see the relevance of that to a missile strike but how on earth does it impinge on your suggested invasion across the polar wastes?
minks

Can VS USA

Post by minks »

Not to mention we house a great many "head offices" of a great many large corporations that dabble in the oil and gas business.

And water, fish and lumber keep the USA on our good side ;) A war between these 2 nations isn't likely to ever happen.

As for the French, wouldn't they just love to come defend us, they likely would try and convert us all.

― Mae West
minks

Can VS USA

Post by minks »

Diuretic wrote: Never dismiss the imperial tendencies of the French - after all didn't de Gaulle try to get involved in one of the irregularly scheduled attempts by Quebec to secede?:)

And just think, they have a jumping off point right there in the Maritimes - oh yes, you have to be careful of France for sure - they are very :sneaky:

Ok to keep em happy they CAN take Quebec.

― Mae West
minks

Can VS USA

Post by minks »

spot wrote: Downag you strange person, I can see the relevance of that to a missile strike but how on earth does it impinge on your suggested invasion across the polar wastes?

HAH I can't wait to post you a pic I took of said "polar wastes" Yes I flew that way home and wow it was very cool to see from the plane.

― Mae West
minks

Can VS USA

Post by minks »

Diuretic wrote: Fight back, make them eat lots of poutine :)

ooo a food fight excellent.... good way to fight. :D

― Mae West
minks

Can VS USA

Post by minks »

Diuretic wrote: They'd turn from being fit and healthy soldiers to slobs with major health issues in a week of poutine-eating :D Then you strike! :wah:

excellent tactic and we can cover them with maple syrup and let the black flies at them.

― Mae West

Return to “Warfare Military”