Acupuncture

cars

Acupuncture

Post by cars »

I have a friend that swears that Acupuncture has helped cure his cronic acking backaches. He says it doesn't hurt being stuck by dozens of needles, but I am not sure if he's really telling the truth. So as to just get me to do it.:thinking:

ANYBODY OUT THERE EVER HAVE ACUPUNCTURE DONE? IF SO, DOES IT HURT, & MORE IMPORTANT, DOES IT REALLY WORK & STOP THE PAIN??? :-3
Cars :)
sunny104

Acupuncture

Post by sunny104 »

The science community found that accupunture really does work because it affects the lymphatic system. And, no it doesn't hurt! Go for it, I'd love to try it!:)

The lymphatic system:

Its three principal functions are:

to collect and return interstitial fluid, including plasma protein to the blood, and thus help maintain fluid balance,

to defend the body against disease by producing lymphocytes,

to absorb lipids from the intestine and transport them to the blood.

In comparison to the cardiovascular system the lymphatic system has not in the past been the focus of much research. However it’s important role in the body’s immune system has meant that it has increasingly become the focus of research in more recent times. It is only developed in the higher vertebrates which have an extensive vascular system. Such a system has to have a high intravascular pressure if the blood is to be adequately transported. This results in fluid seepage from the capillaries and it is thought that the lymphatic system originally evolved to combat this problem. Lymphatic tissue is a type of connective tissue characterised by large numbers of lymphocytes. The stroma (framework) of lymphatic tissue is a network of reticular fibres. Connective tissue cells including fihroblasts and macrophages are present.
cars

Acupuncture

Post by cars »

sunny104 wrote: The science community found that accupunture really does work because it affects the lymphatic system. And, no it doesn't hurt! Go for it, I'd love to try it!:)

The lymphatic system:

Its three principal functions are:

to collect and return interstitial fluid, including plasma protein to the blood, and thus help maintain fluid balance,

to defend the body against disease by producing lymphocytes,

to absorb lipids from the intestine and transport them to the blood.

In comparison to the cardiovascular system the lymphatic system has not in the past been the focus of much research. However it’s important role in the body’s immune system has meant that it has increasingly become the focus of research in more recent times. It is only developed in the higher vertebrates which have an extensive vascular system. Such a system has to have a high intravascular pressure if the blood is to be adequately transported. This results in fluid seepage from the capillaries and it is thought that the lymphatic system originally evolved to combat this problem. Lymphatic tissue is a type of connective tissue characterised by large numbers of lymphocytes. The stroma (framework) of lymphatic tissue is a network of reticular fibres. Connective tissue cells including fihroblasts and macrophages are present.

Wow Sunny, you sure know your stuff, thanks. Sounds like I should give it a try, now guess I will!:)
Cars :)

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”