Switching Bodies to make room,

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

People have been digging up remains from graves to make room for their own departed loved ones in land-scarce Hong Kong.

A report by an independent watchdog that deals with public complaints against the goverment said, some remains had been illegally exhumed and replaced in several cemeteries.

In one case, a widow paid repects at her husband's grave for 18 years before she found out that a stranger had exhumed his bones years ago.
koan

Post by koan »

So did she stop paying respects? Does she think he was really there anymore anyway?
illuminati

Post by illuminati »

Like a painting of a loved one, a photo, a garden setting. Things and places can represent the memory of a loved one. I can see how people would be upset.

koan wrote: So did she stop paying respects? Does she think he was really there anymore anyway?
koan

Post by koan »

illuminati wrote: Like a painting of a loved one, a photo, a garden setting. Things and places can represent the memory of a loved one. I can see how people would be upset.

Yes, I guess it sounds insensitive.

I talk to dead people all the time so it seems silly to me to think that the gravesite or physical remains really mattered. But it does to many.

If everyone could see and hear what I do, there would still be grief, it's natural.

I do wonder if she stopped "paying respects" though? Probably just found another location.
Paula

Post by Paula »

How do you TALK to the DEAD? If the remains don't matter, what are you TALKING TO? Why do TALK to the DEAD? I know you don't smoke pot. :guitarist
Everyone has these on their face? TULIPS.
persephone

Post by persephone »

If there is so little space why do they not just cremate bodies to save space, or is that just too simple a solution?
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
koan

Post by koan »

Paula wrote: How do you TALK to the DEAD? If the remains don't matter, what are you TALKING TO? Why do TALK to the DEAD? I know you don't smoke pot. :guitarist

Assuming you actually want to know the answers, which I am not sure is the case, I will explain.

The dead may be heard if one's vibrational rate is increased to the rate of vibration of the plane they exist on. My point was that the remains do not matter because the body is not the personality or soul that we come to know and love. I am talking to the souls of the dead wherein they truly "exist". The main reasons for a soul to continue contact with the human world after death are to watch over their friends and relatives or to resolve unfinished business. The less polluted my system is with drugs the better I hear them. Sometimes that is almost a good enough reason to take drugs as they can be quite chatty. I talk to them because I can and they often have healing messages for those they left behind. Anyone can talk to them and the dead will hear but not everyone can hear their replies. They talk to me because I can hear them. Some may think I am crazy, and are welcome to their opinion, but the information I am given is usually accurate and/or provable which in the case of a crazy person is not the situation.

You do not have to believe what I say for it to be true. On the other hand, if you do not believe you will not be able to benefit from their presence which would be, in my opinion and theirs, entirely your loss.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Powerful information, i can understand to some point. I agree unfinished business need to be resolved. i am too young to be parentless, and i have no immediate family, they are all gone. i think about them daily, but i look at it this way, its over, they are gone and i don't have to go through that pain again. :-2

What is most interesting, since we have lived in this house since 98, our son has seen a woman in his room at least 4 times? the same person, with a wool skirt, leather boots laced up? this house is about 225 years old? this is upstairs, his girlfriend says the last time, their pets did not what to enter the bedroom that night? they no longer live here. he experienced when first moving here, some-one coming through the front door as my husband and myself slept, went up stairs, starred at him and disappeared. is that interesting to you? :-2
koan

Post by koan »

You asked a question and, by my own personal rules, I must give the answer if I receive one. I heard the name Miriam. This is likely her name (or another M name, but the name was quite clear). The movie "The Others" popped into mind to give you an idea of how she views the house and your presence in it. You can ask her to leave if you like, but generally ghosts don't leave unless they want to. She may not know she is dead. You could tell her but she might not like it. If she remains and bothers you try to work out some ground rules. Problem is you can't hear her side of the rules. You might just have to say 'please'. If she doesn't bother you just leave her be, or talk to her as if she is your friend and roommate if you feel so compelled.
Paula

Post by Paula »

koan, i was telling my husband about the name Miriam, you will not believe this, we had found a letter in this house with 2 photos, dated back to 1958. The people came to see the house where their great-grandmother was born. I had it framed and it is on the mantel in our bedroom. if you have a fax number, i would like to copy it to show you, otherwise i will see if my assistant can e-mail it to you. The letter talks about the builder of the house, he is the first to be buried in the cemetary a short distance from this house. We are the 3rd. family to live here, my husbands family have been here 89 years.
koan

Post by koan »

Paula, glad the name meant something to you. You can email me through the Garden. I am always interested when information can be validated. Thanks.

Return to “General Chit Chat”