Jewelry Making

Discuss Arts and Crafts! Painting, sculpture, pottery, craft kits, plans, and ideas! Talk about projects that children can do as well.
Sheryl

Jewelry Making

Post by Sheryl »

Does anyone else here make jewelry? I've taken a silversmithing class and made a ring and cross pendant, but I want to learn more about beading.

Anyone......:)
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
BabyRider

Jewelry Making

Post by BabyRider »

Oh BOY!!!! Sheryl, my sister makes some of the coolest beaded jewelry I've ever seen. She's a member here, though she hasn't been on in months. I am going to email her with the link to your thread, I'm sure she'd be tickled to share ideas with you!!

Going to send that email right now!
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

o2bstrange

Jewelry Making

Post by o2bstrange »

I havn't found beading too hard, and there are a number of different places to look for both ideas and techniques. If there is a local craft store that has classes, that's always a good place to start if they are resonably priced. If you can learn on your own from following directions and pictures, i know not everyone can, there are a few beading magaiznes that have a lot of good ideas as well as general techniques.

i personally use a combination of beads and wire for most of the jewelry that i make. It's often times quicker, i like the looks of silver and i don't have to deal with instructions. :)
Sheryl

Jewelry Making

Post by Sheryl »

Thanks Snooze

I want to get into the beading and more silver work.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
lady cop

Jewelry Making

Post by lady cop »

i love silver and gold both. when i tan, i get very brown, and silver looks fabulous on me! but it gets tarnished so fast! it's a pain in the butt!! i have some great silver pieces, including a museum piece coin from the senora de atocha spanish treasure ship that sank off the keys. but i have to polish constantly! any tips?? it has to be SHINY!!
lady cop

Jewelry Making

Post by lady cop »

here's my reale from the atocha, only difference is mine has sailfish instead of dolphins framing it....it's a fairly large piece. and i am polishing with a cloth all the time, is that the best way??
G-man

Jewelry Making

Post by G-man »

I make jewelry or have made jewelry... I never got into beads, but I've done cast jewelry with wax carving and such...

Nice. I collect coins, too... and I love old treasure coins... polishing will eventually wear the detail of a soft metal coin like gold or silver, however... and cleaning a coin once like that will decrease it's value...

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

lady cop

Jewelry Making

Post by lady cop »

but it turns black! :(
Lizard Lips

Jewelry Making

Post by Lizard Lips »

I make earrings that I sell. I started with mainly Celtic design but have expanded to include several different designs. I have a friend from another board who is designing a webpage for me & I'll put it up after it's tuned up a bit & I get a chance to photograph my latest stuff. I'm bad about making stuff & selling it long before I get the camera out! I'm having the best time with this venture & have many great bead & accessory sites to share if anyone is interested!:-6
puppgirl

Jewelry Making

Post by puppgirl »

sheryl i make beaded jewelry and sell it at my moms craft fairs every yr if you need help or advice you can PM me or ask me here
Rain

Jewelry Making

Post by Rain »

I enjoy making necklaces and bracelets with lampwork beads. Vintage, glass, seed. Whatever. I have a friend who makes lampwork beads and she sells on ebay. If anyone is interested I can give you her store there.

Return to “Arts Crafts”