Who 'works out' at home ?

Bez

Post by Bez »

I am constantly telling myself I need to exercise more and I've had various bits of 'kit' at home that I've now donated to my sons. When I do get my self motivated I exercise to Pilates and Yogaltes DVDs.

What exercise do you guys do....?

What equipment have you got in your garages, bedrooms etc ?

Do you exercise to Videos / DVDs ?

Who goes out jogging ?
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

I walk alot, and do tai chi and yoga with DVD's 6 days a week.

*that's what I am doing, besides dishes, when my name is on, and I'm not here*
minks

Post by minks »

chonsigirl wrote: I walk alot, and do tai chi and yoga with DVD's 6 days a week.

*that's what I am doing, besides dishes, when my name is on, and I'm not here*

do bedroom olympics count tee hee hee sorry could not resist... I like CG do loads of walking. I also bike. I have tried yoga and ab's stuff at home but get bored easily so I do the gym scene I need a sparring partner so solo exercise never works for me hehehehe
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Bez

Post by Bez »

I plan to buy a bike and ride to work....who am i kidding...I said this last year...and the year before...actually I WILL do it, i'm determined and all my determinations for this year have been completed so far.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

You go Bez!:)
minks

Post by minks »

Bez wrote: I plan to buy a bike and ride to work....who am i kidding...I said this last year...and the year before...actually I WILL do it, i'm determined and all my determinations for this year have been completed so far.

excellent I hope you do so.

― Mae West
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Hi Bez, Chonsi, minks. I'm with minks on this - trying to do it all solo just doesnt work for me. My local gym is girls only, so no testosterone exuding musclemen in posing pouches to takes ones mind off getting fit. I love the companionship of the gym classes (all ages, shapes, sizes, fitness levels) - we get combat, dancing, yogalates, tai chi, weights etc. I can't do the treadmill thing, though a lot of people seem to do it very happily, plugged into television or reading magazines. For that, give me the great outdoors. I walk crosscountry (something between scrambling and slow running). My climate here is better for that of course, but I do it - all weathers (pretty much) - in other places too. I also swim, ice skate and ski. I cannot ride a bicycle without falling off.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Exercise videos aren't bad, I don't like the idea of a gym, and like low impact stuff-I save high impact aerobics for my dash to the 'frig in the morning for a diet coke.:)
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

I like to do T'Ai Chi first thing in the morning. It's gentle but very powerful. 3 evenings a week, I dance to music, rock music in particular. Well, maybe it's not what you would call dancing, but it's fun.

No equipment needed. At least once a month, I go for a good walk. Cheap exercise. Love it.
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Tai chi IS great !!! Did anyone see the film Calendar Girls? That's what got me motivated !!

minks

Post by minks »

AussiePam wrote: Hi Bez, Chonsi, minks. I'm with minks on this - trying to do it all solo just doesnt work for me. My local gym is girls only, so no testosterone exuding musclemen in posing pouches to takes ones mind off getting fit. I love the companionship of the gym classes (all ages, shapes, sizes, fitness levels) - we get combat, dancing, yogalates, tai chi, weights etc. I can't do the treadmill thing, though a lot of people seem to do it very happily, plugged into television or reading magazines. For that, give me the great outdoors. I walk crosscountry (something between scrambling and slow running). My climate here is better for that of course, but I do it - all weathers (pretty much) - in other places too. I also swim, ice skate and ski. I cannot ride a bicycle without falling off.

ditto for me, ladies only gym and it is great. I love the treadmill and staionary bike. Nothing to strenuous on the old knees. Then weight training for a bit. Good mix really. The beau thinks I ought to join him at his co-ed gym I said Nu uh not I hehehe much to shy. Besides there is no success in standing staring at him and drooling while he sweats so I shant be bothered hehehe

― Mae West
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

GUFFFFAW minks !! You rock, Girl !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Hi Snooze. She's wonderful isn't she!!!!! That reminds me... we have Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil on here this evening. I read the book and loved that. Has anyone seen the movie?

Ooops that was off topic... I shall of course be doing pushups as I watch.

AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

One of my favourite books !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

I have a treadmill at home , but only use it when desperate and I cannot walk outside. I feel like a hamster in the old hamster wheel on that thing...............
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Totally agree Chonsi. And will do, Snooze. All this talk of exercise has kinda got me thinking of heading on out while it's still coolish. I have a usual Canberra Saturday morning walk (in Sydney I get the ferry to Manly beach and walk/swim there). This one takes me up into the bush a bit, then back via the gardenias in the sweet elderly Italian gentleman's front garden. He comes out and gives me a flower which makes my office smell wonderful all week. Chivalry is not dead. Catch you all later.

chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

There goes Pam, a walking the beautiful paths of summer.

*sigh*

I wonder if she will get flowers this time too?
minks

Post by minks »

chonsigirl wrote: There goes Pam, a walking the beautiful paths of summer.

*sigh*

I wonder if she will get flowers this time too?

I agree... sigh!

― Mae West
Okie

Post by Okie »

Bez wrote: I am constantly telling myself I need to exercise more and I've had various bits of 'kit' at home that I've now donated to my sons. When I do get my self motivated I exercise to Pilates and Yogaltes DVDs.

What exercise do you guys do....?

What equipment have you got in your garages, bedrooms etc ?

Do you exercise to Videos / DVDs ?

Who goes out jogging ?

I am afraid I have let myself go lately. I do work out some at my desk with dumbells and sometimes on the patio with barbells. I was walking three miles a day but my heel started hurting after about a mile so I cut back. then cut bacn number of days. I have gotten heavier than I ought. I just went and got a shot in my knee so it dont hurt much now so I can get back to walking. Vicious cycle when you start to gain you slack off. Gotta get wiith the program soon.
gmc

Post by gmc »

I have weights in the garage and every now and then I look at them and think about using them. But it's cold and dark in the garage and my wife won't let me keep them in the house.I also think about going running. I need to, having damaged my knee I was unable top do anything for a while and am now about three stones overweight.

I have one something positive though. I took the battery out the scales so now I can't get depressed weighing myself.:yh_rotfl
Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

I've got an exercise bike in my bedroom but I can't use it until I get round to putting some lights on it. You know how dark it can get in the winter :o

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
Benjamin

Post by Benjamin »

I put together a nice little gym in my basement. I have a stationary bike, boxing heavy bag, boxing speed bag, free weights, and a nautilus machine. And the most important device in a home gym... a TV.

I still hate working out, though.
greydeadhead

Post by greydeadhead »

hmmm... lets see.. 5:30am... 4 days a week..alternating cardio and lifting.. then on the weekends... .

SKIIIIIIINGGGGGGGGGGG...... whoohooooooooooooo
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap
hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

hahah...floppy still has that pizza up...killing me!

i love, love the treadmill...i can watch TV...listen to the radio...whatever...awesome. i too, get bored easily

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”