Tobacco usage and you

Peg

Tobacco usage and you

Post by Peg »

I smoke. I know it's bad for my health. Don't need reminded.
Uncle Kram

Tobacco usage and you

Post by Uncle Kram »

Haven't smoked since my teens fortunately. At my peak I was getting through two lighters a day:wah:

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
Rapunzel

Tobacco usage and you

Post by Rapunzel »

moverguy wrote: Don't smoke, never have. BUT...My mother and Father boderline chain smoked all their lives (and they are medical professionals?!?!?!?!)

As soon as I grew up and catapulted out of the ashtray (I mean nest really) the smell, taste, fell and look of tobacco smoke is just EVIL

Mine too! Mum & Dad smoke like chimneys, so do my bro & sis! Their smoke has always made me feel really ill & so I've never smoked. Just as well really cos my daughter is a chronic asthmatic and I would have had to give up for her...and I'm not good at giving up things! ;)
theia

Tobacco usage and you

Post by theia »

It'll be interesting to see the ratio of women to men who smoke...from earlier threads on here I have a feeling there may be more female smokers...I wonder what the bigger picture is like?
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Uncle Kram

Tobacco usage and you

Post by Uncle Kram »

theia wrote: It'll be interesting to see the ratio of women to men who smoke...from earlier threads on here I have a feeling there may be more female smokers...I wonder what the bigger picture is like?

I think more girls than boys in the UK are starting smoking . No idea what the reason for the shift is but it would be interesting to know

minks

Tobacco usage and you

Post by minks »

Never smoked, never have, never will. Proud to be a second generation of non-smokers, as my parents were non smokers, and one grandparent out of 4 did not smoke.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Uncle Kram

Tobacco usage and you

Post by Uncle Kram »

minks wrote: Never smoked, never have, never will. Proud to be a second generation of non-smokers, as my parents were non smokers, and one grandparent out of 4 did not smoke.

Oh I can just see my Gran now ...smoking her pipe

Uncle Kram

Tobacco usage and you

Post by Uncle Kram »

By Camel, you are talking about a cigarette aren't you?

Uncle Kram

Tobacco usage and you

Post by Uncle Kram »

moverguy wrote: YOU ARE SO LUCKY!!!

I lived, smelled and tasted like a used filtered camel for 16 out of my 34 years of life!

So what have you smelled like for the other.....hang on, just reaching for the calculator.........18 years?

Uncle Kram

Tobacco usage and you

Post by Uncle Kram »

In the Non-Smoking section naturally

SOJOURNER

Tobacco usage and you

Post by SOJOURNER »

SnoozeControl wrote: Another poll...

If I forgot an obtion, please feel free to comment.
You forgot those of us "WHO NEVER INHALED"! :sneaky:
abbey

Tobacco usage and you

Post by abbey »

Peg wrote: I smoke. I know it's bad for my health. Don't need reminded.Ditto. :o
theia

Tobacco usage and you

Post by theia »

Peg wrote: I smoke. I know it's bad for my health. Don't need reminded.

And ditto again
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Uncle Kram

Tobacco usage and you

Post by Uncle Kram »

My New Years Resolution is to give up passive smoking

Uncle Kram

Tobacco usage and you

Post by Uncle Kram »

Once upon a time, a woman sitting next to me on a train asked very politely if I minded if she smoked. I said that I didn't as long as she didn't mind me farting

Accountable

Tobacco usage and you

Post by Accountable »

Uncle Kram wrote: Once upon a time, a woman sitting next to me on a train asked very politely if I minded if she smoked. I said that I didn't as long as she didn't mind me fartingYou shat yourself, didn't you? :thinking:
Accountable

Tobacco usage and you

Post by Accountable »

I smoked. I quit. I encourage anyone who wants to quit. I'm against smoking bans.
Uncle Kram

Tobacco usage and you

Post by Uncle Kram »

Does this mean you can't fart lumps?

Accountable

Tobacco usage and you

Post by Accountable »

moverguy wrote: So when are you running for election and can I vote twice?!

Non smoker but oppose bans? Why? Why not have cigar bars take up the slack and offer a nicer semi public place to enjoy a bit of ale and a good sliver of tobacco?Pub owners can do that without a law forcing the issue. I don't own guns but support gun ownership. I wear a seatbelt but am against seatbelt laws. I'm a freedom monger, I guess. ;)
Accountable

Tobacco usage and you

Post by Accountable »

moverguy wrote: And a damn fine american, next time I'm up I am buying you a pint or 5You're on! :wah:
actionfigurestepho

Tobacco usage and you

Post by actionfigurestepho »

I tend to be ONLY a bar smoker. I've found that if I have a drink in one hand, having a cigarette in the other will keep it from doing things, such as drunk dialing and/or ordering more! I'd be sad to see cigarette smoking in bars go away. I could see new bars opening as "smoke free" places since I know some people prefer that. Especially dance places. I know that when I'm dancing I hate having to watch for lighted ends all over the place. But sitting in the corner bar with the Ford workers? Enh, let them smoke.
Teach4life

Tobacco usage and you

Post by Teach4life »

moverguy wrote: How long beore smokers can get a minority status and litigate against non-smoking pollicies like old day segregation?

Don't smoke, never have. BUT...My mother and Father boderline chain smoked all their lives (and they are medical professionals?!?!?!?!)

As soon as I grew up and catapulted out of the ashtray (I mean nest really) the smell, taste, fell and look of tobacco smoke is just EVIL

BUT... Merlot and a good CUBAN (yes I can get them here, just don't tell anyone) sure is nice

BUT smoking bans are good things... Have you ever kissed or been intimate with a bloke or sheila that smells more like ashtray and less like a romantic date?

Alternative proposal. Smoking is good going in, but when you exhale you dump it all out again and it's not too good see.

When I drink water, after a bit I urinate water, amonia and varying levels of other not so pleasant things.

You don't blow that crap on me and I won't pee on you!?

SMILE EVERYONE
An interesting take on the subject!

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”