Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

shelbell

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by shelbell »

Odie;1250643 wrote: thanks hun......it means alot, as your the only one who knows......

I did phone Mike at work last night...but just don`t feel like going it over and over again.

they were far more than just nice....especially the one who pulled me close to him and just hugged me for such a long time..I needed that with having no one around.

they both did above and beyond any duty of an officer.:-4

Wow Joan, sounds really scary. I'm just glad you are ok and there is nothing wrong with your car. Sounds like you had some wonderful cops to deal with...it show that there are still good cops in the world.

At least there is one more drunk off the roadI hope she does some jail time for this! People need to learn there are consequences fir their actions! I'm just soooooooooooo thankful that you are alright!!! :-4
Odie

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1250668 wrote: Wow Joan, sounds really scary. I'm just glad you are ok and there is nothing wrong with your car. Sounds like you had some wonderful cops to deal with...it show that there are still good cops in the world.

At least there is one more drunk off the roadI hope she does some jail time for this! People need to learn there are consequences fir their actions! I'm just soooooooooooo thankful that you are alright!!! :-4

thanks Shelly.

It was scary as a lot of us had seen her erratic driving and tried to avoid her swerving in and out of traffic.....I was around 50 feet from the stop sign doing 20 KM when she swerved right in front of me, one witness was shocked I reacted that quickly and had said if I hadn't of, she would have slammed into me.

She has 3 charges against her and 10 witnesses.

I will make sure this doesn`t slip the system like so many do here.

Now that I am a bit more calmer tonight, I need to discuss this with a lawyer who will be appointed for me, and see what I can do.

I was again shocked this afternoon, as the officer who had hugged me phoned me and asked how I was doing, and he let me talk for an hour. They also had given me their Toronto Police Business cards if I ever need to speak with them at anytime.
Life is just to short for drama.
shelbell

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by shelbell »

Odie;1250720 wrote: thanks Shelly.

It was scary as a lot of us had seen her erratic driving and tried to avoid her swerving in and out of traffic.....I was around 50 feet from the stop sign doing 20 KM when she swerved right in front of me, one witness was shocked I reacted that quickly and had said if I hadn't of, she would have slammed into me.

She has 3 charges against her and 10 witnesses.

I will make sure this doesn`t slip the system like so many do here.

Now that I am a bit more calmer tonight, I need to discuss this with a lawyer who will be appointed for me, and see what I can do.

I was again shocked this afternoon, as the officer who had hugged me phoned me and asked how I was doing, and he let me talk for an hour. They also had given me their Toronto Police Business cards if I ever need to speak with them at anytime.

Any time I see someone driving erratically, I make sure I stay well behind them so I can keep an eye on them.Isn't it amazing how quick your reflexes become after you've been driving so long? I'm glad you had yours so you didn't get slammed into..that could have been really bad.

It's amazing how nice the police are there...it's hard to find cops like that!! And thankfully you had a lot of witnesses...most people just drive by not wanting to get involved!
Odie

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1250984 wrote: Any time I see someone driving erratically, I make sure I stay well behind them so I can keep an eye on them.Isn't it amazing how quick your reflexes become after you've been driving so long? I'm glad you had yours so you didn't get slammed into..that could have been really bad.

It's amazing how nice the police are there...it's hard to find cops like that!! And thankfully you had a lot of witnesses...most people just drive by not wanting to get involved!

see we cannot stay behind them here, there is just to much traffic.

when I think about it now....I think I knew what she was going to do, the light was red....its not like it was about to turn green....she would have never made it ahead of me without crashing into me when that light was red.

most people here are great as witnesses....its because we see so many DIU`s and just stupid drivers....we all need to vent and care for one another.

they knew she was on something.......

The same police officer phoned me again today....how sweet, and he phoned from home.:-4
shelbell

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by shelbell »

Odie;1251109 wrote: see we cannot stay behind them here, there is just to much traffic.

when I think about it now....I think I knew what she was going to do, the light was red....its not like it was about to turn green....she would have never made it ahead of me without crashing into me when that light was red.

most people here are great as witnesses....its because we see so many DIU`s and just stupid drivers....we all need to vent and care for one another.

they knew she was on something.......

The same police officer phoned me again today....how sweet, and he phoned from home.:-4

Yeah, we usually have the option of being able to stay behind a stupid person. I'm just glad they caught her. maybe this cop likes you...is he cute? :lips:
Odie

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1251151 wrote: Yeah, we usually have the option of being able to stay behind a stupid person. I'm just glad they caught her. maybe this cop likes you...is he cute? :lips:

actually he is very handsome, I would say he is roughly 50...but I am bad at the age thing.......he is very attractive......hmmmmmmmmmm
Odie

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Odie »

Hi Kathy......sorry for over-taking your beach hut...just explaining to Shelly what happened.

I made some cupcakes for you.

shelbell

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by shelbell »

Odie;1251202 wrote: Hi Kathy......sorry for over-taking your beach hut...just explaining to Shelly what happened.

I made some cupcakes for you.

Hi Kathy...would you be willing to share your cupcakes? I love cupcakes! :)
Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

shelbell;1251304 wrote: Hi Kathy...would you be willing to share your cupcakes? I love cupcakes! :)

Hey Shelly.....we always share and I love cupcakes also...think I might make some red velvet ones this week with a cream cheeze topping....yummy:p

Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe : Paula Deen : Food Network
Oscar Namechange

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Kathy Ellen;1251321 wrote: Hey Shelly.....we always share and I love cupcakes also...think I might make some red velvet ones this week with a cream cheeze topping....yummy:p

Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe : Paula Deen : Food Network Hi Kathy... Hope your OK. There is a shop in London that sells nothing but US style cup cakes... oh Yum !!!
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
qsducks

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by qsducks »

Ok, just read half this thread & am loving the red velvet muffins...thanks Kathy..as for the rest of the thread...no, don't believe it period.:yh_rotfl
Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hi Oscar, I'm great...how about you....hope all is good. I love the red velvet cupcakes....yummy is right:-6 Guess no word on your fox:(
Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Oh, I love those cupcakes Ducky, and think I'll make them this week. I tried making the red velvet cake and it was awful...just flopped and died on me, but it did taste good.:-6
qsducks

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by qsducks »

Kathy Ellen;1251328 wrote: Oh, I love those cupcakes Ducky, and think I'll make them this week. I tried making the red velvet cake and it was awful...just flopped and died on me, but it did taste good.:-6

I made pumpkin muffins yesterday...a complete disaster...read the ingrediants twice on allrecipes.com ... we tried everything...adding extra stuff...nothing but blandness:wah:...trashed:wah:
Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

qsducks;1251336 wrote: I made pumpkin muffins yesterday...a complete disaster...read the ingrediants twice on allrecipes.com ... we tried everything...adding extra stuff...nothing but blandness:wah:...trashed:wah:

What a shame Ducky...wonder what we both did wrong? I thought my cake would come out good but it didn't..dunno
Oscar Namechange

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Kathy Ellen;1251326 wrote: Hi Oscar, I'm great...how about you....hope all is good. I love the red velvet cupcakes....yummy is right:-6 Guess no word on your fox:(

I love all cup cakes kathy :wah: No... last night was day 9 and still no sign. All I can do is wait. :( I'm glad your ok. :-4
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
shelbell

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by shelbell »

Kathy Ellen;1251321 wrote: Hey Shelly.....we always share and I love cupcakes also...think I might make some red velvet ones this week with a cream cheeze topping....yummy:p

Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe : Paula Deen : Food Network

Oh those look yummy!!! :D
G#Gill

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by G#Gill »

Hi all ! Thought Kathy would enjoy this :- Have your sound on !

YouTube - Ray Lynch - The Vanished Gardens of Cordoba

:-6 :)
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Odie

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Odie »

good morning Teacher.:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

how often do you hear that every day?:wah:
Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Odie;1251487 wrote: good morning Teacher.:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

how often do you hear that every day?:wah:

Hey Odie...How are ya today...great I hope:-6

Actually, when my kidlets walk in the door, we all say good morning to each other. When almost all of my kidlets are in the room I'll say good morning again.

Then, they all turn to me in unison and say loud and clear, "Good morning Ms. *my last name* I think their kinder teachers taught them to do that:-6:wah: I love it...warms my heart.

Things are great today and my kids are wonderful. We had a nice bulletin board display and it was put on our school's home page this morning. We're all excited:-4

Hope all is good with you Odie:-6
Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

G#Gill;1251482 wrote: Hi all ! Thought Kathy would enjoy this :- Have your sound on !

YouTube - Ray Lynch - The Vanished Gardens of Cordoba

:-6 :)

Oh Gill, that was lovely...Thank you so much...I feel all chilled now and have to listen to more of his music. I love listening to the sounds of a flute:-6 Aussie Pam plays the flute:-4
Odie

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1251534 wrote: Hey Odie...How are ya today...great I hope:-6

Actually, when my kidlets walk in the door, we all say good morning to each other. When almost all of my kidlets are in the room I'll say good morning again.

Then, they all turn to me in unison and say loud and clear, "Good morning Ms. *my last name* I think their kinder teachers taught them to do that:-6:wah: I love it...warms my heart.

Things are great today and my kids are wonderful. We had a nice bulletin board display and it was put on our school's home page this morning. We're all excited:-4

Hope all is good with you Odie:-6

Hi Kathy......I'm good, had a busy day, went for my walk, but I love busy days!

Your kids sound like they really do care for you, that must make you proud!

Congrats teacher on your Bulletin Board!:guitarist
Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Thanks Odie,

I'm so happy to have a good class this year. It make a world of difference. I come home happy everyday this year;)

Glad you got a lot done today.:-6
Odie

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1251572 wrote: Thanks Odie,

I'm so happy to have a good class this year. It make a world of difference. I come home happy everyday this year;)

Glad you got a lot done today.:-6

When whatever it is you do at work turns out good, you do come home happy.:-4
Odie

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Odie »

I'm going to your beach while your at work today.:sneaky::yh_rotfl
Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Odie;1254008 wrote: I'm going to your beach while your at work today.:sneaky::yh_rotfl

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl Well then Odie...I wish I could have met you there at the beach to chill a bit;)

This is what my beach looked like on Sunday during our storm surges.

If you look closely, you'll notice a sail that's attached to a surfer who is wind surfing....:confused: If you click on the pic you can see someone in the sea. I can't even imagine how cold the sea must feel now. Actually, it was 58F/14C.

How could anyone wind surf with those temps:confused: Even I, as a mermaid, must put on my winter woolies in those temps:p
Odie

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1254166 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl Well then Odie...I wish I could have met you there at the beach to chill a bit;)

If you look closely, you'll notice a sail that's attached to a surfer who is wind surfing....:confused: If you click on the pic you can see someone in the sea. I can't even imagine how cold the sea must feel now. Actually, it was 58F/14C.

How could anyone wind surf with those temps:confused: Even I, as a mermaid, must put on my winter woolies in those temps:p

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl I'm not jealous at how it looks now.

how could anyone go in there.....those temps are just to cold now.
shelbell

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by shelbell »

Kathy Ellen;1254166 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl Well then Odie...I wish I could have met you there at the beach to chill a bit;)

I AM so jealous! Even if you can't go in right now, it's so soothing just watching the waves come crashing in...you've gotta love it Kathy!! :-4
Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

shelbell;1254452 wrote: I AM so jealous! Even if you can't go in right now, it's so soothing just watching the waves come crashing in...you've gotta love it Kathy!! :-4

Thanks Shelly:-4 I love living at the beach, but it's so expensive to live here.

I live a block away from the ocean and a block away from the bay. I can smell the salt sea air right now:-6

I've become very lazy lately and have to start walking again along the beach and boardwalk. I used to walk 10 miles 3 days a week.

I'm going to start walking again this weekend now that work has settled down.
Odie

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Odie »

here is Kathy, Odie and Shelly...now let's get motivated.:guitarist

cars

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by cars »

Kathy Ellen;1254553 wrote: Thanks Shelly:-4 I love living at the beach, but it's so expensive to live here.

I live a block away from the ocean and a block away from the bay. I can smell the salt sea air right now:-6

I've become very lazy lately and have to start walking again along the beach and boardwalk. I used to walk 10 miles 3 days a week.

Wow KE, you are very fortunate to live where you do! Yep that walking thingie, I've got to get back to it myself, I love walking outdoors when in FL, the air is so fresh! :-6
Cars :)
minks

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by minks »

cars;1254776 wrote: Wow KE, you are very fortunate to live where you do! Yep that walking thingie, I've got to get back to it myself, I love walking outdoors when in FL, the air is so fresh! :-6

Now you gotta use snowshoes ahahahahaha
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
shelbell

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by shelbell »

Kathy Ellen;1254553 wrote: Thanks Shelly:-4 I love living at the beach, but it's so expensive to live here.

It's still gotta be worth it to live so close to the ocean...I know I would love it. You are so lucky, and to be able to take walks down there...I think that would be motivation for even me to take walks. :wah:
shelbell

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by shelbell »

Odie;1254672 wrote: here is Kathy, Odie and Shelly...now let's get motivated.:guitarist

I thought it was to cold for you odester? :yh_rotfl
shelbell

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by shelbell »

minks;1254791 wrote: Now you gotta use snowshoes ahahahahaha

What a great song in your signature line minks!
minks

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by minks »

shelbell;1254797 wrote: What a great song in your signature line minks!

Thanks Shel I love that song too. It was soo cool to see a young itallian guy listening to it on his cell phone while we were riding on the train over there.

Hey KE here is where we can have your chit chat sessions :-4:-4

― Mae West
Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Odie;1254672 wrote: here is Kathy, Odie and Shelly...now let's get motivated.:guitarist

We do look beautiful don't we Odie:yh_rotfl:-4 I love your mermaid pics;)

I'm glad though that I don't have blue hair:yh_rotfl
Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

minks;1254809 wrote: Thanks Shel I love that song too. It was soo cool to see a young itallian guy listening to it on his cell phone while we were riding on the train over there.

Hey KE here is where we can have your chit chat sessions :-4:-4

Would love to have more chit chats here Mel:-4

Shelly, I do love living here and feel blessed everyday that I wake to smell the salt air and look at the tons of stars in our clear sky:-6
minks

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by minks »

Kathy Ellen;1255074 wrote: Would love to have more chit chats here Mel:-4

Shelly, I do love living here and feel blessed everyday that I wake to smell the salt air and look at the tons of stars in our clear sky:-6

Well dearest I shall try to visit here every chance I get. Let me see chit chat you say I am good at that.

Did you know I just recently told Jr Minks that when she drives (she just got her licence) to always put her cell phone in the pocket of the jacket she is wearing while driving.

3 reasons

1) it is harder to access while driving so is not a distraction while driving

2) if you get into a car accident it won't be a flying object in your car lost somewhere that you can't find it when you are stranded, or pinned inside, or thrown outside.

3) if you get carjacked and thrown into the trunk of the car or thrown out of your car they may get your purse but not likely your cell phone... hmmmm

are you sure you wanted my chatter hehehehehe

― Mae West
Kathy Ellen

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Oh Mel, I love you...You're so adorable and funny:-4

Actually, I was thinking about what you just wrote about cell phones last night. I was driving home late a few days ago and someone behind me was tailgating me. So, I did pull out my phone kept in nearby...just incase.

Good advice Mel:-6Also make sure your phone is always charged:D
Odie

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Odie »

Kathy Ellen;1255072 wrote: We do look beautiful don't we Odie:yh_rotfl:-4 I love your mermaid pics;)

we look sensational!:guitarist

oh the mermaid with the blue hair is you!:yh_rotfl

and we will also need these.

shelbell

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by shelbell »

Kathy Ellen;1255072 wrote: We do look beautiful don't we Odie:yh_rotfl:-4 I love your mermaid pics;)

Yeah, we're all blondish...who gets the blue hair? :wah:
Odie

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1255165 wrote: Yeah, we're all blondish...who gets the blue hair? :wah:

Kathy, just told her above!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Odie »

oh gosh Kathy, look at Shelbell, she think she's the cats meow!:rolleyes:

shelbell

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by shelbell »

Odie;1255194 wrote: oh gosh Kathy, look at Shelbell, she think she's the cats meow!:rolleyes:

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1255196 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

skanky mermaid!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
qsducks

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by qsducks »

Ok, KE...I'm dropping off a mid afternoon meal for you............

shelbell

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by shelbell »

Odie;1255203 wrote: skanky mermaid!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

What other kind of mermaid is there? :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

Kathy Ellen's Beach Hut

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1255387 wrote: What other kind of mermaid is there? :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

wonder where Kathy is tonight?:sneaky:
shelbell