All costs of child rearing should be borne by men.

Discuss the latest political news.
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Bryn Mawr;1493762 wrote: If you cannot back up your claim then it is meaningless - as to your childish little dig, it speaks volumes about you.

Yet you continue to engage a meaningless person, it speaks volumes about you.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

AnneBoleyn;1493765 wrote: Yet you continue to engage a meaningless person, it speaks volumes about you.

True, fairly OCD I must admit :-)
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Post by Gnostic Christian Bishop »

LarsMac;1493752 wrote: That is one of the biggest fallacies of the galaxy.

A fairly small percentage of humans actually have a single mate for life.

Small?

If I recall it is running at about 45%.

Hardly small.

Regards

DL
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Bryn Mawr;1493762 wrote: If you cannot back up your claim then it is meaningless - as to your childish little dig, it speaks volumes about you.

I backed up my claim, in case you did not notice the link.

Regards

DL
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1493772 wrote: I backed up my claim, in case you did not notice the link.

Regards

DL

A link to a TED talk? That is your data to support your claims?

Seriously?

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1493771 wrote: Small?

If I recall it is running at about 45%.

Hardly small.

Regards

DL

I would not call 45% generally, and I doubt it to be that high.

Are Humans Meant to Be Monogamous?
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1493772 wrote: I backed up my claim, in case you did not notice the link.

Regards

DL

I looked at the link and it had nothing to do with the claim and certainly did not substantiate it.

And I see you're at it again - producing a 45% statistic out of thin air with no source to back it up. Until you can show that your stats are verifiable they are meaningless.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Marriage is not the same thing as having a single mate for life. Even among those who choose to marry, how many of those were still virgin when they married, and how many of those lost their virginity to their spouse.

There is also a high proportion of those who have sex with partners other than their spouse during the term of their marriage - often by mutual consent with the spouse.

Then there is the question of the number of sexual partners per person per relationship. How do you portray your statistics? If you take it as numbers who remain monogomous to the same person that they lost their virginity to, then the percentage figure is likely to be extremely small. Then there is how many have remained faithful to their partners, before or during the marriage. There are just too many variables.

A marriage in its original form was nothing but some Religious ritual. In latter days it became nothing more than a business contract - frequently between houses / clans / tribes / nations, so as to increase power. Morals don't come into it. Even the traditional official marriage is becoming less common as more & more people simply opt to live together. Taking a partner is no real different to a Marriage, apart from the written contract. Within just 1 or 2 generations this has changed from being the taboo to being the norm. Within a single generation homosexuality has gone from being a criminal offence to having the right to legally marry. Morals are not set in stone. Things have gone from the "Love that dare not speak its name" to being accepted as perfectly normal, yet you still find those stick in the muds, Religious or not, who stick by their own moral codes & still regard it as an obscenity.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Monogamy has changed it's meaning and has been replaced.

Marital monogamy refers to marriages of only two people.

Social monogamy refers to two partners living together, having sex with each other, and cooperating in acquiring basic resources such as shelter, food, and money.

Sexual monogamy refers to two partners remaining sexually exclusive with each other and having no outside sex partners.

Genetic monogamy refers to sexually monogamous relationships with genetic evidence of paternity.

Life's Extremes: Monogamy vs. Polygamy | Human Behavior & Promiscuity & Marriage | Mating Behaviors & Life's Extremes

Marriage and Divorce Statistics Nationwide (Infographic) | State Marriage Stats | Couples in America

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/lo ... w-monogamy

If you guys want to go off topic in dithering out that dogs breakfast, go ahead and :-5:-5.

I am not interested as it does not really have much to do with deadbeat dads and we as taxpayers being required to support their children.

Regards

DL
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1493790 wrote: Monogamy has changed it's meaning and has been replaced.

Social monogamy refers to two partners living together, having sex with each other, and cooperating in acquiring basic resources such as shelter, food, and money.

Sexual monogamy refers to two partners remaining sexually exclusive with each other and having no outside sex partners.

Genetic monogamy refers to sexually monogamous relationships with genetic evidence of paternity.

Life's Extremes: Monogamy vs. Polygamy | Human Behavior & Promiscuity & Marriage | Mating Behaviors & Life's Extremes

Marriage and Divorce Statistics Nationwide (Infographic) | State Marriage Stats | Couples in America

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/lo ... w-monogamy

If you guys want to go off topic in dithering out that dogs breakfast, go ahead and :-5:-5.

I am not interested as it does not really have much to do with deadbeat dads and we as taxpayers being required to support their children.

Regards

DL

You're the one brought it up.

And now, rather that offer support for your ridiculous claims you will toss it off?

People are either monogamous, or they are polygamous. How many times they marry may, or may not have anything to do with it. I knew a guy from Montreal who only got married once, and stayed married for 30 years, but he probably porked half the girls in the State of Florida before his wife caught him and took him to the cleaners.
- DH Lawrence
Gnostic Christian Bishop

Yes. I toss of the issue as I am not here to fetch information for those who cannot extrapolate from what is given.

See my last.

I do not have the time to waste on an off topic issue.

Regards

DL
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1493798 wrote: Yes. I toss of the issue as I am not here to fetch information for those who cannot extrapolate from what is given.

See my last.

I do not have the time to waste on an off topic issue.

Regards

DL

Oh, I dunno. You seem to enjoy wasting everybody's time.
- DH Lawrence
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1493790 wrote: Monogamy has changed it's meaning and has been replaced.

Each definition you have provided seems, to me, to be just variations on a theme. All you have done is to list traits of a Monogamous relationship - just reworded slightly for each one. You cannot change the meaning of a such a simple word. Monogamy = Singly Paired. Whether it be within a legal contract of marriage or not, the definition remains the same. There are cultures that are Polygamous, with Men with many Wives (there are probably ones of Women with many Husbands, but I don't know of any offhand). You seem to be confusing Monogamy with Fidelity. As I said, Marriage was initially a Religious institution which later evolved to become a matter of Contractual Legality. Now that laws have changed the contract of Marriage is no longer required for either party to be afforded the rights & privileges held within. Fathers may (quite rightly) be held financially accountable for their offspring whether in a marriage or not, unless they mutually sign a document discounting them of any such responsibility.
Gnostic Christian Bishop

FourPart;1493802 wrote: Each definition you have provided seems, to me, to be just variations on a theme. All you have done is to list traits of a Monogamous relationship - just reworded slightly for each one. You cannot change the meaning of a such a simple word. Monogamy = Singly Paired. Whether it be within a legal contract of marriage or not, the definition remains the same. There are cultures that are Polygamous, with Men with many Wives (there are probably ones of Women with many Husbands, but I don't know of any offhand). You seem to be confusing Monogamy with Fidelity. As I said, Marriage was initially a Religious institution which later evolved to become a matter of Contractual Legality. Now that laws have changed the contract of Marriage is no longer required for either party to be afforded the rights & privileges held within. Fathers may (quite rightly) be held financially accountable for their offspring whether in a marriage or not, unless they mutually sign a document discounting them of any such responsibility.

Your last point is exactly what this thread is all about.

Making deadbeat dads responsible for their reproduction and children.

Regards

DL
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

So, you figure that forcing all men to pay the costs of all child rearing is somehow going to cure the problem of a few deadbeat dads?
- DH Lawrence
Gnostic Christian Bishop

LarsMac;1493807 wrote: So, you figure that forcing all men to pay the costs of all child rearing is somehow going to cure the problem of a few deadbeat dads?

A few!

Look again for the first time.

Men shedding themselves of their responsibility is becoming a trend. It may be connected to the low wages but it is still a lousy trend.

Regards

DL
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Gnostic Christian Bishop;1493815 wrote: A few!

Look again for the first time.

Men shedding themselves of their responsibility is becoming a trend. It may be connected to the low wages but it is still a lousy trend.

Regards

DL

So you keep saying but you don't offer anything to back up your claims. Just another TRUMPet.

Tell you what. You sell that idea up there in your country, and then show us how it works, we'll give it some thought down here.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “Current Political Events”