who locked me out from not becoking a supreme member?

For technical issues relating to ForumGarden and its associated pages.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I've always said that you're a good man Bryn...LOL

You have a big heart :-)
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Odie.......you should be able to have a keyboard on your screen so you can type with your mouse cursor.

Somebody with more knowledge than me can tell you how to do it.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Bruv;1366519 wrote: Odie.......you should be able to have a keyboard on your screen so you can type with your mouse cursor.

Somebody with more knowledge than me can tell you how to do it.

You can have a keyboard on your screen Burv ????? Really??
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Kathy Ellen;1366522 wrote: You can have a keyboard on your screen Burv ????? Really?? Touchscreens Yep. Very expensive though.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

oscar;1366525 wrote: Touchscreens Yep. Very expensive though.

How cool is that....Never heard of it...And you can operate it with your mouse?

Thanks Julie...
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Kathy Ellen;1366522 wrote: You can have a keyboard on your screen Burv ????? Really??

On-Screen Keyboard - Vista Forums
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Kathy Ellen;1366522 wrote: You can have a keyboard on your screen Burv ????? Really??

No Kathy my specs are OK thanks.

But there is a facility in windows that most of us don't use because we don't need it, that puts a keyboard on the screen for people with sight problems, I am on Ubuntu right now so can't explore my system to find it.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Kathy Ellen;1366526 wrote: How cool is that....Never heard of it...And you can operate it with your mouse?

Thanks Julie...

No not touch screen, you use your mouse and cursor.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Bruv;1366529 wrote: No not touch screen, you use your mouse and cursor. Oh right Gottcha
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
spot

Post by spot »

Kathy Ellen;1366526 wrote: How cool is that....Never heard of it...And you can operate it with your mouse?

Thanks Julie...

Yes Kathy, some are even free.

Attached files
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Bruv;1366528 wrote: No Kathy my specs are OK thanks.

But there is a facility in windows that most of us don't use because we don't need it, that puts a keyboard on the screen for people with sight problems, I am on Ubuntu right now so can't explore my system to find it.

I have windows and never saw an online keyboard.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

I am sure there is an on screen keypad for XP and probably for earlier MS OS, they come in the package.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

spot;1366532 wrote: Yes Kathy, some are even free.

Wow, thanks Spot. I'll have to look into this. My sil is going blind and I'd love to get her something like this.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Kathy Ellen;1366533 wrote: I have windows and never saw an online keyboard.

But you have never had the need to look for it.......look here
spot

Post by spot »

Kathy Ellen;1366535 wrote: Wow, thanks Spot. I'll have to look into this. My sil is going blind and I'd love to get her something like this.

I'm baffled at the notion of using a virtual keyboard if you're blind. I thought such people were what physical keyboards were peculiarly good at catering for.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

spot;1366538 wrote: I'm baffled at the notion of using a virtual keyboard if you're blind. I thought such people were what physical keyboards were peculiarly good at catering for.

Sorry, she's legally blind, and if she puts her face up to the screen she can see the words. She also has arthritis in her hands so it's hard for her to type on a keyboard.

Oh, and I've just found the keyboard. Shows you how unobservant I've been....never knew it was there.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

THis is a very cool virtual keyboard.
spot

Post by spot »

Kathy Ellen;1366540 wrote: Sorry, she's legally blind, and if she puts her face up to the screen she can see the words. She also has arthritis in her hands so it's hard for her to type on a keyboard.

Voice dictation then. It controls Windows and it types into programs like browsers and word processors. It's built into Vista and Windows 7. The other thing which might help is a vocalizer which reads areas of the screen when requested. That's built into Vista and Windows 7 too, though blind users do have alternatives they may be more familiar with.

The one component which nigh-on-blind users have found most useful inside Windows, in my experience, has been the magnifying glass. That's built into Vista and Windows 7 too. Microsoft have gone to a lot of trouble to improve accessibility for visually impaired users.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Bugger me Spot's right........... again
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

spot;1366545 wrote: Voice dictation then. It controls Windows and it types into programs like browsers and word processors. It's built into Vista and Windows 7. The other thing which might help is a vocalizer which reads areas of the screen when requested. That's built into Vista and Windows 7 too, though blind users do have alternatives they may be more familiar with.

The one component which nigh-on-blind users have found most useful inside Windows, in my experience, has been the magnifying glass. That's built into Vista and Windows 7 too. Microsoft have gone to a lot of trouble to improve accessibility for visually impaired users.

Thanks so much for all the info Spot. We'd like to buy her a computer this year.

I have vista on my laptop...Not sure if I have windows 7...will look into all of these ideas for her. A magnifying glass will be great.

Thanks again!!!!!!!
spot

Post by spot »

Bruv;1366546 wrote: Bugger me Spot's right........... againMaybe the virtual keyboard's an entry-level product for stroke victims and paraplegics who can't use their hands but can move bits of their head to control a mouse. It gets used in street booths sometimes too, when the booth has no built-in keyboard.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Bryn Mawr;1366513 wrote: I go away for a quiet weekend and come back to this - what's the world coming to?

For a start, it is unacceptable that any member should delete a thread containing posts by other members. I've no objection to continuing to allow subscribing members to close their own threads to further posts if that is something that is still wanted by the members and I've no objection to members being able to delete their own posts during a cooling down period but for any member to be able to delete another member's posts is a complete no-no.

Having said that, I am satisfied that Odie did not do so deliberately and I am equally certain that, if she did, it is my fault that she was able to.

So, to Odie's subscription. The fact that it was still running although it should have expired in March is none of Odie's doing - she's just lucky :-)

That it was suspended because of this is unfortunate but had to happen given the circumstances.

As a gesture of goodwill I've re-instated it for one month.

Can we get back to normal now.

On second thoughts, maybe I should define normal before I ask that :wah:

Shrugs ....well that puts me behind the times ...I always thought it was up to admin and if you wanted a thread deleted you had to ask for permission first ...hhhhmmmm .....and people wonder why I want to live on an island in the pacific. sigh

anyway tally ho and toodle pips!!!
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

Kathy Ellen;1366338 wrote: But it wasn't her thread to do that.

Hi Kathy Ellen, I see this was posted a while back. I have been on many forums and have never known a poster to be able to delete a topic even if they started it! Amazing!

Return to “Problems, Solutions Feedback”