I've had enough of this

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
kazalala

I've had enough of this

Post by kazalala »

Kathy Ellen;1239059 wrote: Hi Kaz:-6

Both Terri and Ducky are banned for good...:mad:

I juast saw that on your thread Kathy ,,, i must says again ,, IMO its very harsh! a life ban for what she said there! I have to say i can understand it for RG's post.. i can see why that would constitue a life ban ,, and im not talking bad of her behind her back,, i think Red knows i would say the same to her face,,, but ducky!!! Im just stunned tbh. I have seen worse,, and i have also seen mods moaning about members "although not naming names" Of course that wont be the same thing at all. im mad ,, i better get out of here for a while:-5

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
mikeinie

I've had enough of this

Post by mikeinie »

Ducky.... what is that now according to her... this must now be the third forum she has been banned from??? Too funny, must be going for a record...:wah:
Kathy Ellen

I've had enough of this

Post by Kathy Ellen »

mikeinie;1239063 wrote: Ducky.... what is that now according to her... this must now be the third forum she has been banned from??? Too funny, must be going for a record...:wah:

What do you mean:confused: I do think she was banned from one...not sure.

I don't find that her banning is funny Mike. She's a good person and should not have been banned IMO.:mad:
farmer giles

I've had enough of this

Post by farmer giles »

thats it i'm gona start reporting my posts then at least the mods will read them:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Peg

I've had enough of this

Post by Peg »

Anyone seen farmer giles lately? :p
Bill Sikes

I've had enough of this

Post by Bill Sikes »

Kathy Ellen;1239064 wrote: I don't find that her banning is funny Mike

There is possibly a reason other than for post#2 of this thread, which in itself seems unworthy of a lifetime ban (although TS may feel differently!), however discussion is probably futile.
Kathy Ellen

I've had enough of this

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Bill Sikes;1239072 wrote: There is possibly a reason other than for post#2 of this thread, which in itself seems unworthy of a lifetime ban (although TS may feel differently!), however discussion is probably futile.

Yes, Ducky has been banned for a week and has other infractions. But, her infractions are for supporting her friends.

Just seems odd that other pot stirrers here go about their merry way:confused:
farmer giles

I've had enough of this

Post by farmer giles »

Peg;1239069 wrote: Anyone seen farmer giles lately? :p

:p:p:p

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:-4:-4
mikeinie

I've had enough of this

Post by mikeinie »

Kathy Ellen;1239064 wrote: What do you mean:confused: I do think she was banned from one...not sure.

I don't find that her banning is funny Mike. She's a good person and should not have been banned IMO.:mad:

Don’t get me wrong, I really liked her as well and was hoping to meet up with her when she was in Ireland, but I thought I read in one of her posts that she had been banned from two other forums as well, maybe I am wrong because I can’t seem to find the thread.

I don’t know what goes on to get people banned; I think she was temporarily banned a few times here. She has never done or wrote anything to offend me, but I don’t know what goes on privately between people.
spot

I've had enough of this

Post by spot »

Kathy Ellen;1239075 wrote: her infractions are for supporting her friends.Just as an aside, this notion of piling in together - all for one and one for all - was never a feature of ForumGarden in its earlier days. It's a pernicious ugly practice, if we could ever be shot of it the place would be clear of an irritating and unworthy mode of behaviour.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Kathy Ellen

I've had enough of this

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Then we should really make up a checklist also of other pot stirring nasty things that some people have said.... so they're also infracted.
kazalala

I've had enough of this

Post by kazalala »

spot;1239081 wrote: Just as an aside, this notion of piling in together - all for one and one for all - was never a feature of ForumGarden in its earlier days. It's a pernicious ugly practice, if we could ever be shot of it the place would be clear of an irritating and unworthy mode of behaviour.

In your opinion

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
spot

I've had enough of this

Post by spot »

kazalala;1239086 wrote: In your opinion

It's not an irrelevant or unreasonable opinion though. The evidence of the destabilizing effect piling in has is quite evident in past threads. It might show influence but it leads directly to flared tempers.

Kathy Ellen wrote: Then we should really make up a checklist also of other pot stirring nasty things that some people have said.... so they're also infracted. Perhaps when you're a moderator somewhere you'll be able to put your notions into practice. Experience is an invaluable corrective.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
kazalala

I've had enough of this

Post by kazalala »

spot;1239091 wrote: It's not an irrelevant or unreasonable opinion though. The evidence of the destabilizing effect piling in has is quite evident in past threads. It might show influence but it leads directly to flared tempers.

Again ,, your opinion.

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
spot

I've had enough of this

Post by spot »

kazalala;1239092 wrote: Again ,, your opinion.

Perhaps you'd like to constructively express an alternative one?
kazalala

I've had enough of this

Post by kazalala »

spot;1239093 wrote: Perhaps you'd like to constructively express an alternative one?

.no

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Kathy Ellen

I've had enough of this

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I've always known that I could never be a moderator as all I'd be doing is hugging everyone, giving comfort and trying to solve their problem:wah:
Accountable

I've had enough of this

Post by Accountable »

Kathy Ellen;1239075 wrote: Yes, Ducky has been banned for a week and has other infractions. But, her infractions are for supporting her friends.

It's times like this that the reality hits me like a cop's nightstick on the shins.

This is not a public square. As much as it's made up to look like one, it is still a business wholly owned and run. Regardless of any rules or gestures toward free speech, there is none here. Entire histories can be erased. Disagreeable opinions and unseemly comments can be made as if they never existed.

In short, we can say what we want only so long as Tombstone et al deign to suffer us.

:thinking:

Break time.
Bill Sikes

I've had enough of this

Post by Bill Sikes »

Kathy Ellen;1239085 wrote: Then we should really make up a checklist also of other pot stirring nasty things that some people have said.... so they're also infracted.

See point c) of post 43. Should entity A with "friends" B to Y "object" to entity Z actually "report" entity Z for "infractions" of the said "rules", it will make work all around, and inflame Z to the point of bursting, and quite possibly get Z banned in due time. I am not saying that this happened to RG. I am saying that it could happen, and that that's why these "rules" are generally a Bad Thing. Look around - there are loads and loads of things which could be construed as "against the rules" and reported. Even I, who am of course normally absolutely saintly, might possibly be reported for something (probably by a misunderstanding reader, you understand).
almostfamous

I've had enough of this

Post by almostfamous »

It's just obvious there is favoritism. I think that's what bothers most about the recent events and it's something I've noticed since I joined 3 years ago. Some are just exempt... it's blatantly obvious and the ones that condone it - I might even assume - get a kick out of it. Just as some of us peons have our friends and stick behind them, so do mods, they just have the power and we don't. All we can do is get sick of it and leave. That would just make the power trip a success tho so why bother.
spot

I've had enough of this

Post by spot »

kazalala;1239095 wrote: .no

It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.
spot

I've had enough of this

Post by spot »

Kathy Ellen;1239096 wrote: I've always known that I could never be a moderator as all I'd be doing is hugging everyone, giving comfort and trying to solve their problem:wah:

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.
Kathy Ellen

I've had enough of this

Post by Kathy Ellen »

[quote=Accountable;1239097]It's times like this that the reality hits me like a cop's nightstick on the shins.

This is not a public square. As much as it's made up to look like one, it is still a business wholly owned and run. Regardless of any rules or gestures toward free speech, there is none here. Entire histories can be erased. Disagreeable opinions and unseemly comments can be made as if they never existed.

In short, we can say what we want only so long as Tombstone et al deign to suffer us.

I agree with you Acct:-6 And I'm very thankful to have FG as part of my life.

However, not all members in FG are treated the same. I don't understand how some people here say the most awful things and nothing happens to them. It just baffles me:thinking:
spot

I've had enough of this

Post by spot »

Kathy Ellen;1239109 wrote: However, not all members in FG are treated the same. I don't understand how some people here say the most awful things and nothing happens to them. It just baffles me:thinking:

Perhaps an example or two would give us something to get our teeth into. Seriously. How else are we meant to discuss this without examples?
Kathy Ellen

I've had enough of this

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Don't think so Spot. I'd get an infraction or a ban if I gave you examples.....maybe in another life we could do that..:D
Clodhopper

I've had enough of this

Post by Clodhopper »

I gather the mods only react to posts that are reported to them. So if someone is really rude and then no-one reports it, nothing happens. That might account for what you see, Kathy.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
shazzoom

I've had enough of this

Post by shazzoom »

If people are being banned for wrong reasons its going to leave this place so empty as without our friends we will end up leaving too, so this forum will slowly disappear out of folks lives.
spot

I've had enough of this

Post by spot »

shazzoom;1239133 wrote: If people are being banned for wrong reasons its going to leave this place so empty as without our friends we will end up leaving too, so this forum will slowly disappear out of folks lives.

Bravo shazz, I'm glad someone's finally managed to work that out.
The Rob

I've had enough of this

Post by The Rob »

spot;1239102 wrote: It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.

Theodore Roosevelt! What do I win? :D

spot

I've had enough of this

Post by spot »

The Rob;1239150 wrote: Theodore Roosevelt! What do I win? :D

It's lucky they don't hand out infractions for being a smartypants, that's what I reckon.
spot

I've had enough of this

Post by spot »

Kathy Ellen;1239113 wrote: [QUOTE=spot][QUOTE=Kathy Ellen]However, not all members in FG are treated the same. I don't understand how some people here say the most awful things and nothing happens to them. It just baffles me
Perhaps an example or two would give us something to get our teeth into. Seriously. How else are we meant to discuss this without examples?[/QUOTE]Don't think so Spot. I'd get an infraction or a ban if I gave you examples.....maybe in another life we could do that..:D

That's just an excuse. It wouldn't happen. It doesn't happen. It never has happened.
The Rob

I've had enough of this

Post by The Rob »

spot;1239152 wrote: It's lucky they don't hand out infractions for being a smartypants, that's what I reckon.

I am wearing one of my more intelligent pairs of trousers today. Ordinarily I attend my forums and social networks au naturel, as is de rigeur for proper internet protocol, but we have company expected. Please excuse.
Accountable

I've had enough of this

Post by Accountable »

Accountable;1239097 wrote: It's times like this that the reality hits me like a cop's nightstick on the shins.Accountable;1239097 wrote:

Kathy Ellen;1239109 wrote:

I agree with you Acct:-6 And I'm very thankful to have FG as part of my life.

However, not all members in FG are treated the same. I don't understand how some people here say the most awful things and nothing happens to them. It just baffles me:thinking:
I didn't mean the post as a positive.
flopstock

I've had enough of this

Post by flopstock »

Accountable;1239306 wrote: I didn't mean the post as a positive.

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

AussiePam

I've had enough of this

Post by AussiePam »

Someone stands up to a class bully and just gets laughed at????
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

flopstock

I've had enough of this

Post by flopstock »

AussiePam;1239308 wrote: Someone stands up to a class bully and just gets laughed at????

He's one of my best buds here... he let's me laugh at him... I let him laugh at me ... it's usually allright... he let's me know when it isn't.

But thanks for askin':-6

I fixed it KE
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Sunshine

I've had enough of this

Post by Sunshine »

That is soooooo wrong!!!!!! :-5 . It's a forum for heavens sake. When has it ever been against the rules to stick up for a friend? If that is called moderating, I am certainly glad I am not one!
Sunshine

I've had enough of this

Post by Sunshine »

mikeinie;1239063 wrote: Ducky.... what is that now according to her... this must now be the third forum she has been banned from??? Too funny, must be going for a record...:wah:

Not in the least bit funny. :mad: Neither is kicking another member when they are already down and can't defend themselves.
Sunshine

I've had enough of this

Post by Sunshine »

Bill Sikes;1239072 wrote: There is possibly a reason other than for post#2 of this thread, which in itself seems unworthy of a lifetime ban (although TS may feel differently!), however discussion is probably futile.

Does he even know? Haven't seen a thing from him yet. Maybe he should post and give us some explanations as well. We sure are hearing it from many others.
Sunshine

I've had enough of this

Post by Sunshine »

Kathy Ellen;1239075 wrote: Yes, Ducky has been banned for a week and has other infractions. But, her infractions are for supporting her friends.

Thank you Kathy Ellen :-4:-4:-4
Sunshine

I've had enough of this

Post by Sunshine »

spot;1239081 wrote: Just as an aside, this notion of piling in together - all for one and one for all - was never a feature of ForumGarden in its earlier days. It's a pernicious ugly practice, if we could ever be shot of it the place would be clear of an irritating and unworthy mode of behaviour.

so caring for friends is unworthy? Not from my perspective. Irritating, I am glad to have friends that would do the same for me.
Sunshine

I've had enough of this

Post by Sunshine »

The Rob;1239167 wrote: I am wearing one of my more intelligent pairs of trousers today. Ordinarily I attend my forums and social networks au naturel, as is de rigeur for proper internet protocol, but we have company expected. Please excuse.
Thank you for sharing that with us. NOT
Nomad

I've had enough of this

Post by Nomad »

almostfamous;1239101 wrote: It's just obvious there is favoritism. I think that's what bothers most about the recent events and it's something I've noticed since I joined 3 years ago. Some are just exempt... it's blatantly obvious and the ones that condone it - I might even assume - get a kick out of it. Just as some of us peons have our friends and stick behind them, so do mods, they just have the power and we don't. All we can do is get sick of it and leave. That would just make the power trip a success tho so why bother.

I could be wrong but I think intent may play some role in the politics of forumdom.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Sunshine

I've had enough of this

Post by Sunshine »

spot;1239149 wrote: Bravo shazz, I'm glad someone's finally managed to work that out.

spot, it seems you don't like many of us here. Not sure why, but your posts reflect how you think.

Maybe it would be in your better interest to find a forum that appeals to your intellect better, like Uranus.com.
Nomad

I've had enough of this

Post by Nomad »

sunshine;1239381 wrote: spot, it seems you don't like many of us here. Not sure why, but your posts reflect how you think.

Maybe it would be in your better interest to find a forum that appeals to your intellect better, like uranus.com.

snap !
I AM AWESOME MAN
AussiePam

I've had enough of this

Post by AussiePam »

Sunshine, Nomad - take, just as an example, the thread beneath this one " for being nice to each other" and search for that in Google. The ForumGarden one comes up first.. there we are in all our glory.

What is posted in ForumGarden gets a high ranking on the web because FG gets lots of hits etc - so if you are targetting a wide audience for your amazing views on life, the universe, everything.. you can post in here, for those out there.

:sneaky:

Sunshine

I've had enough of this

Post by Sunshine »

AussiePam;1239385 wrote: Sunshine, Nomad - take, just as an example, the thread beneath this one " for being nice to each other" and search for that in Google. The ForumGarden one comes up first.. there we are in all our glory.

What is posted in ForumGarden gets a high ranking on the web because FG gets lots of hits etc - so if you are targetting a wide audience for your amazing views on life, the universe, everything.. you can post in here, for those out there.

:sneaky:
Well, I am so happy for the garden, but there isn't a whole lot of nice here anymore IMO.
AussiePam

I've had enough of this

Post by AussiePam »

Sunshine;1239387 wrote: Well, I am so happy for the garden, but there isn't a whole lot of nice here anymore IMO.

Sigh. OK

abbey

I've had enough of this

Post by abbey »

Ian;1239394 wrote: All Fg members must get in line.............

Forumgarden is watching you (0) (0) :yh_rotfl

Would you please put up RG's post ? :)Why?

Return to “General Chit Chat”