First day at uni............

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
Hamster

Post by Hamster »

Betty Boop;1149825 wrote: It's very involved and in-depth in a not too deep round about way ;) (It's an essay plan)

Lots of painkilling vodka required :D

I'm sure self medicating with vokda will only enhance your finished result :D
Challenges are opportunities in work clothes.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Good job you. :-6
I AM AWESOME MAN
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Still plodding along. The eleven weeks of this semester have flown by, covering one theory per week with two books per week to read and lots of extra reading on top of that :-2 not sure how I have managed to fit it all in!

Good vibes needed for tomorrow 2pm please.

20 minute presentations to be given in the lecture theatre. Feeling :yh_sick already.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Betty Boop;1195509 wrote: Still plodding along. The eleven weeks of this semester have flown by, covering one theory per week with two books per week to read and lots of extra reading on top of that :-2 not sure how I have managed to fit it all in!

Good vibes needed for tomorrow 2pm please.

20 minute presentations to be given in the lecture theatre. Feeling :yh_sick already.

How did it go? I missed the day but hope for the best in retrospect :-6
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Bryn Mawr;1197505 wrote: How did it go? I missed the day but hope for the best in retrospect :-6

Thanks Bryn :-6

It was ok, I know I could have done better but it's been a manic week to say the least. Have to now produce a 1000 word essay following the same topic which is also part of the presentation mark.

Revising now, ready for a two hour exam on Friday, then I'm done and will be celebrating completing my first year! :guitarist
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Betty Boop;1197507 wrote: Thanks Bryn :-6

It was ok, I know I could have done better but it's been a manic week to say the least. Have to now produce a 1000 word essay following the same topic which is also part of the presentation mark.

Revising now, ready for a two hour exam on Friday, then I'm done and will be celebrating completing my first year! :guitarist

And the very best of luck to you - not easy but soooo satisfying when you've done it.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

That is wonderful, we knew you would do well. You have done better than that! Yahoo Betty!
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Reached the end of my first year, sat a two hour exam on friday and worked on my final piece that I handed in this morning over the weekend. Amazed I got this far! :guitarist

I'm off to read a stack of New Scientists that have been piling up, freedom to read what I want... for a few weeks anyway. :-6

Thank you for your encouragement Chonsi and Bryn :-4
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Betty Boop;1201279 wrote: Reached the end of my first year, sat a two hour exam on friday and worked on my final piece that I handed in this morning over the weekend. Amazed I got this far! :guitarist

I'm off to read a stack of New Scientists that have been piling up, freedom to read what I want... for a few weeks anyway. :-6

Thank you for your encouragement Chonsi and Bryn :-4

You deserve all the encouragement you get - to take on a course like that is no mean achievement in itself and to see it through this far deserves praise :-6
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

:guitarist:guitarist:guitarist I passed! Passed my exam and passed all the required modules to head on to year two!! :guitarist:guitarist:guitarist
Peg

Post by Peg »

WTG! I knew you would. :-6
theia

Post by theia »

Betty Boop;1215544 wrote: :guitarist:guitarist:guitarist I passed! Passed my exam and passed all the required modules to head on to year two!! :guitarist:guitarist:guitarist

Congratulations, Betty :-6
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

theia;1215555 wrote: Congratulations, Betty :-6

If you really wanted to make her feel good you would give back the sweater you stole from poor Boopsy.

Congratulations poor sweaterless Boop.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Peg;1215549 wrote: WTG! I knew you would. :-6

theia;1215555 wrote: Congratulations, Betty :-6

Nomad;1215556 wrote: If you really wanted to make her feel good you would give back the sweater you stole from poor Boopsy.

Congratulations poor sweaterless Boop.

Did you hear that Theia, give me my sweater back! :wah::wah:

Thanks guys :-6
Odie

Post by Odie »

congratulations Betty!:guitarist:guitarist

Life is just to short for drama.
theia

Post by theia »

Betty Boop;1215573 wrote: Did you hear that Theia, give me my sweater back! :wah::wah:

Thanks guys :-6

Naming no names, I wish a couple of people here would get their facts straight before casting wild accusations against me :mad: I'm not even sure I know what a sweater is, I'm quite sure I have never worn one, and equally sure that I never will :( I'm a cardi and pretty little top woman. I rest my case and I await an apology:-6
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

Well done Betty:-6
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Nice Ms. Boop ...!!
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

theia;1215795 wrote: Naming no names, I wish a couple of people here would get their facts straight before casting wild accusations against me :mad: I'm not even sure I know what a sweater is, I'm quite sure I have never worn one, and equally sure that I never will :( I'm a cardi and pretty little top woman. I rest my case and I await an apology:-6

Wow. I didnt know. I am sorry.

Clearly Miss Boop is the villain here.

Shes been spreading some pretty ugly rumors about you and that sweater.
I AM AWESOME MAN
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

Betty Boop;1215544 wrote: :guitarist:guitarist:guitarist I passed! Passed my exam and passed all the required modules to head on to year two!! :guitarist:guitarist:guitarist

Excellent stuff ... well done Ms Boop :-6:D
Very nearly perfect ... :D
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Thank you everyone! :-6

That Theia does such a good job at playing the victim! :rolleyes::D

Don't believe a word of it Nomad! :-1
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Betty Boop;1215835 wrote: Thank you everyone! :-6

You just hush yourself with that kind of talk.

Theias the good one !
I AM AWESOME MAN
theia

Post by theia »

Betty Boop;1215835 wrote: Thank you everyone! :-6

I didn't get where I am today by not playing the victim :thinking:

Of course, if either of you had said cardi, I wouldn't have a leg to stand on :sneaky:
theia

Post by theia »

Nomad;1215836 wrote: You just hush yourself with that kind of talk.

Theias the good one !

I know :yh_blush:yh_giggle
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

theia;1215840 wrote: I didn't get where I am today by not playing the victim :thinking:

Of course, if either of you had said cardi, I wouldn't have a leg to stand on :sneaky:

:yh_rotfl He meant cardi, you know what the language difference is like, I didn't want to show him up in front of all his fans!
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

The two of you are quite out of control.
I AM AWESOME MAN
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Well done BB !!!! Power to your elbow girl...............all the best for the next year !!:guitarist:guitarist :-6 :D

p.s. I put the smilies in cos I noticed Spotibus reading :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl :p
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

G#Gill;1215912 wrote: Well done BB !!!! Power to your elbow girl...............all the best for the next year !!:guitarist:guitarist :-6 :D

p.s. I put the smilies in cos I noticed Spotibus reading :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl :p

I don't think he can see them anyway Gill, he always used to have them disabled on his machine :wah:

Thank you, I have started on next years reading list already and just ordered up a dozen books for the first semester alone :-3
Odie

Post by Odie »

Betty Boop;1215983 wrote: I don't think he can see them anyway Gill, he always used to have them disabled on his machine :wah:

Thank you, I have started on next years reading list already and just ordered up a dozen books for the first semester alone :-3

when is your last year?
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Congrats Betty - now will you believe that you can do it? :-6
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Odie;1216107 wrote: when is your last year?

Three years to get the degree, so this time next year I will be preparing for my final year. Therefore I will graduate in 2011. :)
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Bryn Mawr;1216215 wrote: Congrats Betty - now will you believe that you can do it? :-6

I'll try to - Thank you :-6
Odie

Post by Odie »

Betty Boop;1216225 wrote: Three years to get the degree, so this time next year I will be preparing for my final year. Therefore I will graduate in 2011. :)

You have done above and beyond BB with so many other things to contend with....you should be darn proud of yourself!:guitarist:guitarist

congrats again my friend!

2 more years and we will all party in your honor!
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

First week of term and the workload is high, two essays due beginning November, a presentation (no doubt will find out about another one tomorrow) and two more essays before Christmas. Yikes!

Free time, what's that?? Think I'd better cancel Christmas, children won't be impressed mind. :wah:
Odie

Post by Odie »

Betty Boop;1216225 wrote: Three years to get the degree, so this time next year I will be preparing for my final year. Therefore I will graduate in 2011. :)

There must be a lot of studying if your arleady preparing now?

Do you find all of this exhausting and overwhelming or are you just used to it?
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Betty Boop;1250129 wrote: First week of term and the workload is high, two essays due beginning November, a presentation (no doubt will find out about another one tomorrow) and two more essays before Christmas. Yikes!

Free time, what's that?? Think I'd better cancel Christmas, children won't be impressed mind. :wah:

Good on ya Betty:-6 You are an inspiration to me, honestly:-4 I just don't have your patience......

I love learning but hate to write papers and take tests. That has always been my downfall with education:o
spot

Post by spot »

Odie;1251993 wrote: after a long day studying, here's one with your initial.

http://pic.pbsrc.com/spacer.gifspot forwards the post to the FG Post Of The Year committee, for consideration in the Obscure Humour category
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

spot;1251993 wrote: spot forwards the post to the FG Post Of The Year committee, for consideration in the Obscure Humour category

What's this, is someone insinuating that I have a blank mind :yh_rotfl
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Odie;1250163 wrote: There must be a lot of studying if your arleady preparing now?

Do you find all of this exhausting and overwhelming or are you just used to it?

See, I've been so busy I missed this. It's sometimes overwhelming but it's also challenging which is good!

There is a lot of reading to be done, selected texts that have to be read, that can amount to two books per week. The secondary reading is well worth trying to look at as it forces you to question your original interpretation on first engagement with the text which is always a good thing. I have found that my mood can put a skewed slant on text and it's always worth checking other views.

I often feel like a headless chicken racing around trying to get everything done, the most important thing right now is meeting my deadlines. Housework, decorating, that huge ironing pile in the corner etc etc are really unimportant in the grand scheme of things. As long as the children are seen to and I get some peace to study then everything is ok. :)
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Kathy Ellen;1250177 wrote: Good on ya Betty:-6 You are an inspiration to me, honestly:-4 I just don't have your patience......

I love learning but hate to write papers and take tests. That has always been my downfall with education:o

Thank you Kathy :-6

I'd rather do essays than presentations any day of the week!

It's week two now, presentations to do in week three (aagghhh that's next week!!:eek:) and week six.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

I think I'm jealous. A whole world opening up in front of you like a flower. I remember...

Just make sure you don't get so exhausted it becomes something you don't ever want to look at again. It's worth messing up a few comparatively unimportant papers to achieve that.

Impressed by your use of secondary texts. Sounds as if you are using them well.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Clodhopper;1252003 wrote: I think I'm jealous. A whole world opening up in front of you like a flower. I remember...

Just make sure you don't get so exhausted it becomes something you don't ever want to look at again. It's worth messing up a few comparatively unimportant papers to achieve that.

Impressed by your use of secondary texts. Sounds as if you are using them well.

It's good isn't it, kind of stretches you to look at everything so differently.

It's the running the house and seeing to the children that seems exhausting at the moment, I need a maid :D.

I'm not bored of the learning, what I do need to do is stop going off on tangents and reading loads about history in general that is taking me away from what I happen to be researching :wah:

I am bored of 18 year olds that are there to fill in time and don't even read the primary text then boast about it. :-5
Odie

Post by Odie »

spot;1251993 wrote: spot forwards the post to the FG Post Of The Year committee, for consideration in the Obscure Humour category

you should have told us all now that your a mod again as you just quoted my post, that was deleted from here......you put it back:sneaky::lips:.;)

glad you had fun today in other threads as well, just to try and annoy me.

but that's what all kids do.:D,
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Odie;1252017 wrote: you should have told us all now that your a mod again.......as you quoted my post..that was deleted from here......you put it back.;)

its not here is it?;)

glad you had fun today in other threads as well, just to try and annoy me.

but that's what all kids do.:D

It was a joke Odie. Spot is not a mod, he must have hit quote on your post before you deleted it. Lighten up. :)
Odie

Post by Odie »

Betty Boop;1252021 wrote: It was a joke Odie. Spot is not a mod, he must have hit quote on your post before you deleted it. Lighten up. :)

whatever.........doesn't matter.......

he's had his fun in other threads today with me as well.:rolleyes:

'Obscure Humour category'

who's obscure?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Odie;1252030 wrote: whatever.........doesn't matter.......

he's had his fun in other threads today with me as well.:rolleyes:

'Obscure Humour category'

who's obscure?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

We are all obscure in our own little ways, it's what makes the world interesting.
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

Betty Boop;1251999 wrote: See, I've been so busy I missed this. It's sometimes overwhelming but it's also challenging which is good!

There is a lot of reading to be done, selected texts that have to be read, that can amount to two books per week. The secondary reading is well worth trying to look at as it forces you to question your original interpretation on first engagement with the text which is always a good thing. I have found that my mood can put a skewed slant on text and it's always worth checking other views.

I often feel like a headless chicken racing around trying to get everything done, the most important thing right now is meeting my deadlines. Housework, decorating, that huge ironing pile in the corner etc etc are really unimportant in the grand scheme of things. As long as the children are seen to and I get some peace to study then everything is ok. :)

WOW! I thought my work load was bad. As long as you're enjoying it Ms Boop, that's what's important. Go girl go :-6:-4
Very nearly perfect ... :D
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

I am bored of 18 year olds that are there to fill in time and don't even read the primary text then boast about it.

:wah::wah:

They have always been there. I think you can deal with them.:-6 Remember they aren't very old. teehee.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Odie

Post by Odie »

Betty Boop;1251999 wrote: See, I've been so busy I missed this. It's sometimes overwhelming but it's also challenging which is good!

never worry if you miss posts.....I can only imagine how busy you are!

2 books per week?

I can see why the secondary reading is well worth it as your mood would change, its just normal, so that is a fabulous way of changing your interpretation.

-deadlines, oh gosh, those are the worse.

and so much cleaning as well.

I'm pooped just reading about it.:yh_rotfl
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Odie;1252049 wrote: never worry if you miss posts.....I can only imagine how busy you are!

2 books per week?

I can see why the secondary reading is well worth it as your mood would change, its just normal, so that is a fabulous way of changing your interpretation.

-deadlines, oh gosh, those are the worse.

and so much cleaning as well.

I'm pooped just reading about it.:yh_rotfl

Just crawling out from a pile of books for around two minutes. Part way through preparing a presentation for friday aaggghhhh, two essays due soon and the children are off on half term to boot. They've forgotten what I look like :D

Odie, if you fancy a holiday I have glorious views over the bay you could admire whilst working your way through the ironing pile ;)

I soooo need a holiday...

Return to “Members' News”