What is wrong with...

Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

What is wrong with...

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Kittypaws;731849 wrote:

2) In my opinion anti-Semitic=anti-Zionism=anti=Israel ... that is the equation.

Kittypaws,

Just so that you know, for future reference, the meaning of these terms that so confuse you are :-

Anti-Semitic Against Jews whoever and wherever they are purely on the basis that they are Jews.

Anti-Zionist Against the formation of a Jewish state in the land of Palestine. No implications about attitude to Jews in themselves or of Jews living outside of Palestine.

Anti-Israeli Against the actions of Israel as a secular state. No comment on Jews or on Judaism as a religion.
spot

What is wrong with...

Post by spot »

Galbally;732257 wrote: Indonesia: Indonesia, an archipelago in SE Asia, this is the most populous muslim country in the world as its home to over 200 million people. Colonized by the Dutch (for a change) and exploited for its natural resources. Gained independence from the Dutch in the Early 20th century. Started well, but unfortunatly the military decided to take over an instigate a totalitarian government that has gone on a campaign of repression of its own people, annexation of small neighbours like East Timor, and widespread environmental destruction of irreplaceable pristine habitats. Its captial city is Jakarta, ruled by a succession of non-entity generals, it has some very beautiful natural environments, an ancient SE Asian culture, and not everything is bad, but there could be a lot of improvement. There's a startling article on the BBC, I need to read it a third time before I stand a chance of understanding the reason for it.East Timor's president has urged his countrymen to forgive ailing ex-Indonesian leader Suharto, who ruled them with an iron fist for 23 years. Suharto, who ordered the invasion of East Timor in 1975, is critically ill in hospital in Jakarta.

Jose Ramos-Horta said he would not go to see Suharto personally but would "ask the Pope to pray for him" on an forthcoming visit to the Vatican.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-p ... 193643.stm

Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “International Politics”