JD on the radidio

JacksDad

JD on the radidio

Post by JacksDad »

I found Amarillo Highway. Nice song. I'll see if I can find more later.

Been in the vault for the past two hours and pulled up some Genesis, ELP,Blood Sweat and Tears, Humble Pie.....

That'll fill the first hour.

:thinking:
JacksDad

JD on the radidio

Post by JacksDad »

Ooh Looky!

A rare appearance!;)

What's your time Zone?

Adelaide?

If so that would be Tues. 2:30 am for you.
RedGlitter

JD on the radidio

Post by RedGlitter »

JacksDad;645078 wrote: I found Amarillo Highway. Nice song. I'll see if I can find more later.

Been in the vault for the past two hours and pulled up some Genesis, ELP,Blood Sweat and Tears, Humble Pie.....

That'll fill the first hour.

:thinking:

Did you say Humble Pie? I'll be there....what time??

30 Days in the Hole right??

:D
JacksDad

JD on the radidio

Post by JacksDad »

Hallelijiah. I just love her so.

Live from Fillmore East. Unreleased.

I'll bring 30 Days from the same show as well.:D
RedGlitter

JD on the radidio

Post by RedGlitter »

Thank you JD :-6
JacksDad

JD on the radidio

Post by JacksDad »

Local or Out of Country: (321) 253-9335

US/CANADA Toll Free: 888-762-8153 ext. 897

I'll see if I can get Skype runnin by then.

JacksDad

JD on the radidio

Post by JacksDad »

magenta flame;645092 wrote: I'm going to ask you to ............................Play Missy for me.:wah: :wah: Or is that misty? oh heck I forget now

Misty.

That's cute.

I'll be sure to turn the lights down in the studio when I play it.:wah:
JacksDad

JD on the radidio

Post by JacksDad »

Killer, High energy cut of 30 Days.

You're gonna love it RG.:guitarist
RedGlitter

JD on the radidio

Post by RedGlitter »

JD, what is your radio name? So I know what to call you if I can get through. :)
RedGlitter

JD on the radidio

Post by RedGlitter »

JacksDad;645099 wrote: Killer, High energy cut of 30 Days.

You're gonna love it RG.:guitarist

I look forward to it!! :D
JacksDad

JD on the radidio

Post by JacksDad »

RedGlitter;645102 wrote: JD, what is your radio name? So I know what to call you if I can get through. :)

:yh_rotfl

What say we try JD.:D
RedGlitter

JD on the radidio

Post by RedGlitter »

JacksDad;645105 wrote: :yh_rotfl

What say we try JD.:D

Ok!! So I can call using my Skype then?? I can't promise I'll be there but I'm sure going to try.

Uh...what are you gonna spring on me there JD?? :thinking: :wah:
JacksDad

JD on the radidio

Post by JacksDad »

Get off my back, Megan!:wah:
JacksDad

JD on the radidio

Post by JacksDad »

RedGlitter;645110 wrote: Ok!! So I can call using my Skype then?? I can't promise I'll be there but I'm sure going to try.

Uh...what are you gonna spring on me there JD?? :thinking: :wah:

Unfortunatly Zappa died before he could write a song about public breast feeding so......

Guess I'll have to play nice.

It's not my show anyway. It's Doc Holiday's. I'm just helping him out until the real jocks return.

Although....:-3

There may be an FG show in this.

We could even have The Flaming Hour. And no. That's not back to back Elton John and Peter Allen songs.:D
RedGlitter

JD on the radidio

Post by RedGlitter »

JacksDad;645123 wrote: Unfortunatly Zappa died before he could write a song about public breast feeding so......

Guess I'll have to play nice.

It's not my show anyway. It's Doc Holiday's. I'm just helping him out until the real jocks return.

Although....:-3

There may be an FG show in this.

We could even have The Flaming Hour. And no. That's not back to back Elton John and Peter Allen songs.:D

Be gentle with me JD! I may seem a tough cookie but I'm a sensitive tender little being!! :o
JacksDad

JD on the radidio

Post by JacksDad »

RedGlitter;645133 wrote: Be gentle with me JD! I may seem a tough cookie but I'm a sensitive tender little being!! :o

I said I would be nice!

Now don't go pissin me off or nuttin!

Sheesh!

;)
RedGlitter

JD on the radidio

Post by RedGlitter »

JacksDad;645135 wrote: I said I would be nice!

Now don't go pissin me off or nuttin!

Sheesh!

;)

:wah: :-6
spot

JD on the radidio

Post by spot »

Some more ideas if you like.

I am utterly impressed by Screeching Weasel, for example. On the right day they're the best punk recorded.

How about Leonard Cohen? There's a fine cover version of Closing Time recorded by Fairport Convention on the end of their "Jewel In The Crown" CD.

I bet I'm not helping at all. At least I didn't mention Wesley Willis.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
JacksDad

JD on the radidio

Post by JacksDad »

You kidding me Spot?

Cohen is great stuff.

My problem is that What's Happening Brevard is A fluff show.

The format completely fell to peices on Friday when I took over the board and Doc did voice some concern about not playing "commercial" music.

Understandable. He's from a terrestrial station that demands commercial and nothing else.

TWR is internet. Global radio. We have no rules. But, at the same time, we don't want to alienate anyone.

In all honesty. All we're trying to do is get through that four hours without making fools of ourselves.

Still. Don't be surprised if your requests find their way in there.;)

Gotta take care of Mags first though. So she can get her beauty sleep.:D
spot

JD on the radidio

Post by spot »

I'll go check the meaning of "Commercial", I expect I'm not focusing on the right material at all. The recent hits from Burkina Faso are off my list already.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
JacksDad

JD on the radidio

Post by JacksDad »

'k Spot.

Weasel- My Brain Hurts. Dedicated to Jimbo.;)

Cohen- Defo Closin Time and maybe Suzanne with Peter Gabriel and Sweet Jane with Patti Smith.

Have I mentioned I've dug out my Dan Hicks cd's?:D

Wesley Willis?

Java John and I have been on a Captain Beefheart debate for a year now.

Is the world ready for this?

I'll play it by ear. If we get crazy, I'll play Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Wow!

You just made me think of Gruppo Sportivo!

Back to the archives!
CARLA

JD on the radidio

Post by CARLA »

JacksDad are you on right now talking about baseball???? ;) Ok I heard the guys name not you..:-2 I don't know your name so heck it could be you.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

JacksDad

JD on the radidio

Post by JacksDad »

Nope. Live Monday.

Silly hula girl.

Put down that Pina Colada.;)

1pm edt so that's 3 for you left coast hippies.:D
CARLA

JD on the radidio

Post by CARLA »

:D Cool I will try and listen. :guitarist

[QUOTE]Nope. Live Monday.

Silly hula girl.

Put down that Pina Colada.

1pm edt so that's 3 for you left coast hippies.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

JacksDad

JD on the radidio

Post by JacksDad »

magenta flame;645182 wrote: oohhh I'm getting all hot and sweaty now ....................ummm no hang on............... I'll turn the heater down a bit. Lights low? all we need now is a bottle of wine:wah:

I said back off, Evelyn!

When are you gonna understand?

I told you that I'm sorta diggin someone else right now. OK?

Back off!

:D
BTS

JD on the radidio

Post by BTS »

spot;643187 wrote: I've got it playing from http://wtwr.net/listen/live.asx in vlc. I needed to check because I've not gone looking for streamed radio before on this linux box.

thanx spot......

I tried to play with jd's link, but it wouldn't work.......

Now JD that I have er tuned in, when will u be on again?:D
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
spot

JD on the radidio

Post by spot »

Is this a suitable subject for an interlude discussion on air today, since it's topical?A woman in California faces deportation for illegally voting because she did not become a US citizen after moving to America as a one-year-old. Zoila Meyer, 40, was investigated by immigration officials acting on a tip-off after she won election to the city council of Adelanto in 2004.

Ms Meyer, originally from Cuba, quit after 10 weeks in office and applied to become a naturalized citizen. But this month, she was arrested after investigators turned up at her home. The mother-of-four had pleaded guilty in April last year to illegally voting in the election three years ago as a non-US citizen.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6236606.stm

JacksDad

JD on the radidio

Post by JacksDad »

I like it. I'll run it by Doc.

There will soon be a show called Against The Grain which is designed to shred news stories just like that.

I think the show should've been called WTF?:D
KB.

JD on the radidio

Post by KB. »

I'll be listening today.
Life ain't linear.
JacksDad

JD on the radidio

Post by JacksDad »

KB.;645668 wrote: I'll be listening today.

Took ya long enough.

;)
KB.

JD on the radidio

Post by KB. »

JacksDad;645684 wrote: Took ya long enough.

;)

I don't think I have the right link. I went to the link that I think spot (?) put in, but the promo had two brunettes showing at 1-5 pm.
Life ain't linear.
spot

JD on the radidio

Post by spot »

KB.;645690 wrote: I don't think I have the right link. I went to the link that I think spot (?) put in, but the promo had two brunettes showing at 1-5 pm.
Playing

http://wtwr.net/listen/live.asx plays the radio station in your player. I'm using vlc, I've no idea what's provided with Microsoft's operating systems.

Chatting

Browse to http://www.tropicwaveradio.net and click the word "chat" which appears below the words [ most images have hyperlinks - click images on our pages ] and a picture of a cat's head takes you to a chat page. Some people have said that comes up all-black, my browser didn't (but I have the colours adjusted globally to personal settings, so I can't really say much about it).
KB.

JD on the radidio

Post by KB. »

It opened in Media player with no issues. I guess it will be at 2 pm CST according to the other hours JD gave. I'm working on some revisions of stories, the radio program will be less intrusive and less likely to change my mood than my music. I'm looking forward to listening.
Life ain't linear.
spot

JD on the radidio

Post by spot »

It's just starting.
KB.

JD on the radidio

Post by KB. »

Thanks for the heads up, I have it on. Red neck beach bums; is that the current topic? If it is, nice voice there JD.
Life ain't linear.
spot

JD on the radidio

Post by spot »

KB.;645720 wrote: Thanks for the heads up, I have it on. Red neck beach bums; is that the current topic? If it is, nice voice there JD.That's it. He's on Friday though.
KB.

JD on the radidio

Post by KB. »

Oh yeah, I just got myself a song played! Blood Sweat and Tears, damn fine sir.
Life ain't linear.
WonderWendy3

JD on the radidio

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Thank you Spot, I have the radio playing at work, playing "smoke smoke that cigarette"...and oldie but goodie, haven't heard in ages!!:guitarist :driving:
spot

JD on the radidio

Post by spot »

WonderWendy3;645745 wrote: Thank you Spot, I have the radio playing at work, playing "smoke smoke that cigarette"...and oldie but goodie, haven't heard in ages!!:guitarist :driving:
I'm not sure whose version it was. The fiddle player made a fair shot at sounding like Stephane Grappelli, that takes some doing.
Betty Boop

JD on the radidio

Post by Betty Boop »

Was just going to say Cool - Dire Straits, then it disapeared :(

Watching tennis, listening to JD and MSNing :D
JacksDad

JD on the radidio

Post by JacksDad »

That was Commander Cody and The Lost Planet Airmen, Spot.

Live from The Bottom Line, NYC 1979.
WonderWendy3

JD on the radidio

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I have it on now, it's real low so boss doesn't complain...can hear people talkin....but couldn't tell ya what they are saying!
JacksDad

JD on the radidio

Post by JacksDad »

Where's Red
RedGlitter

JD on the radidio

Post by RedGlitter »

JD, that live version of 30 Days beats all heck out of the standard version! You were right- I absolutely loved it! Thank you for playing it for me. :-6

So People, does JD have one of the smoothest, nicest voices you've ever heard?? I think so!!

Return to “General Music”