Brits....

Sweet Tooth

Brits....

Post by Sweet Tooth »

pompom;537018 wrote: Vidalia onions - are they good?
VERY YUMMY!
Imladris

Brits....

Post by Imladris »

YZGI;537020 wrote: Can you understand me by the way? Or

Can you understand me boy?

Boy - and girls are maids. (!)
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
YZGI

Brits....

Post by YZGI »

pompom;537018 wrote: Vidalia onions - are they good?
Oh mercy. The sweetest onions you will ever taste. You can actually eat them like an apple and never tear up.
Sweet Tooth

Brits....

Post by Sweet Tooth »

pompom;537024 wrote: Yes, but what do they look like - regular onions, salad onions? I need to know!

http://www.vidaliaonion.org/
YZGI

Brits....

Post by YZGI »

pompom;537024 wrote: Yes, but what do they look like - regular onions, salad onions? I need to know!
They are a flattened apple size onion and are unbelievably good. You can only get them at the begining of the summer.
Bill Sikes

Brits....

Post by Bill Sikes »

Pinky;537025 wrote: a fiddler's fart

What key is that in?
Sweet Tooth

Brits....

Post by Sweet Tooth »

Pinky;537025 wrote: Hang on just a sec before you start generalising, NOT all of us care about your politics or bashing you...personally I couldn't give a fiddler's fart what's going on in your political arena, and as far as Tony Blair et al are concerned, well, he'll be gone soon anyway. Nor do I care what the Royals are doing either. But hey, if you want to start slagging people and coming up with spurious assumptions for the sake of picking a fight, bring it on.

I was simply trying to get a general consensus as to what the Brits have to say about the US. In threads about Bush, they are the first ones with a comment and the only ones who will fight about US politics. Even us Americans don't fight with each other on it! I was not trying to slag people, or offend anyone. I was not trying to start a fight! I was honestly curious as to what the general population of Brits seriously thought about the US!
Sweet Tooth

Brits....

Post by Sweet Tooth »

Pinky;537036 wrote: Bloody cran-key if people start telling me how I supposedly think because I happen to be from the UK.

OK OK!!! SORRY TO STEROTYPE! You are very hard to keep happy! I'm sorry I offended you in every way! Please forgive me?
Bill Sikes

Brits....

Post by Bill Sikes »

YZGI;537029 wrote: They are a flattened apple size onion and are unbelievably good. You can only get them at the begining of the summer.

Interesting... do they smell of onions?
theia

Brits....

Post by theia »

Pinky;537025 wrote: Hang on just a sec before you start generalising, NOT all of us care about your politics or bashing you...personally I couldn't give a fiddler's fart what's going on in your political arena, and as far as Tony Blair et al are concerned, well, he'll be gone soon anyway. Nor do I care what the Royals are doing either. But hey, if you want to start slagging people and coming up with spurious assumptions for the sake of picking a fight, bring it on.

I'm with you on that, Pinky
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Imladris

Brits....

Post by Imladris »

DesignerGal;537028 wrote: American Bashing on FG:

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/showt ... +americans

MY FAVORITE: http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/showt ... +americans

You obviously haven't read through all those threads before you posted the links (although you may have in the past). I had a brief look at one and by chance found one from me saying I don't hate America. Funny how by looking for the words 'hate' and 'America' the whole meaning is mis-interpreted.

Britain is a country of 60 million - you surely can't think that each and every one of us hate America - that really would be silly.

Red

Brits....

Post by Red »

Sweet Tooth;537034 wrote: I was simply trying to get a general consensus as to what the Brits have to say about the US. In threads about Bush, they are the first ones with a comment and the only ones who will fight about US politics. Even us Americans don't fight with each other on it! I was not trying to slag people, or offend anyone. I was not trying to start a fight! I was honestly curious as to what the general population of Brits seriously thought about the US!

Well like pinky ive no interest in the politics or slagging off americans, id love to visit the US in fact its always been my dream to go there, i dont think you can lump all us brits in the same category as american bashers, there's some that like and some that dont, simple as that but thats the case in all walks of life.
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Brits....

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

DesignerGal;537001 wrote: What is your problem? If you arent going to answer the question she posed, why dont you find someone else to bug? Do you love and envy us that much? Would you like the toilet paper when I am done wiping her ass so you can make it a keepsake?

You nutter .:yh_bigsmi :wah:
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
Bill Sikes

Brits....

Post by Bill Sikes »

Imladris;537040 wrote: You obviously haven't read through all those threads before you posted the links (although you may have in the past).

;)

Accountable;488205 wrote:

Sweet Tooth

Brits....

Post by Sweet Tooth »

Red;537044 wrote: Well like pinky ive no interest in the politics or slagging off americans, id love to visit the US in fact its always been my dream to go there, i dont think you can lump all us brits in the same category as american bashers, there's some that like and some that dont, simple as that but thats the case in all walks of life.

Again, I am not meaning this to bash anyone in particular, nor call out theBrits that don't have a problem with the US. The point of this thread is to find out what the people of the UK think about the US. Please dont misunderstand my intentions here!!
YZGI

Brits....

Post by YZGI »

Bill Sikes;537038 wrote: Interesting... do they smell of onions?
Yes they have a slight onion scent to them.
Uncle Kram

Brits....

Post by Uncle Kram »

Imladris;536936 wrote: So what has Price Charles done to upset you Sweet Tooth?

Not wanting to start an arguement, just interested in your viewpoint.

Regarding our interest in US politcs - well, why shouldn't we be interested? After all you are the biggest democracy in the world, should we only focus on home issues/

Yes most of our politicians seem to be crap or dishonest these days but tell me a country that doesn't have that in some degree.

Tony Blair is in my opinion a lying, self-serving, hen-pecked arse but that's just my opinion.:sneaky:
Why don't you just say what you really think Immy :D

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
Imladris

Brits....

Post by Imladris »

Uncle Kram;537061 wrote: Why don't you just say what you really think Immy :D

I'll just have to try not to be so reticent in the future:D

DesignerGal

Brits....

Post by DesignerGal »

Imladris;537040 wrote: You obviously haven't read through all those threads before you posted the links (although you may have in the past). I had a brief look at one and by chance found one from me saying I don't hate America. Funny how by looking for the words 'hate' and 'America' the whole meaning is mis-interpreted.

Britain is a country of 60 million - you surely can't think that each and every one of us hate America - that really would be silly.

Jesus H Chrsit. read through them. And I will tell you ALL directly that there are in fact THREE members that come to mind RIGHT NOW that loooove to bash America any chance they get. Those are the ones ST wanted to hear from, IM sure. There has been alot of America bashing here and one thread asking why, you all get your panties in wad. This was a complete waste of time. Sorry Sweet T, I know what you were trying to get here, too bad it was lost on most people.

HBIC
YZGI

Brits....

Post by YZGI »

DesignerGal;537063 wrote: Jesus H Chrsit. read through them. And I will tell you ALL directly that there are in fact THREE members that come to mind RIGHT NOW that loooove to bash America any chance they get. Those are the ones ST wanted to hear from, IM sure. There has been alot of America bashing here and one thread asking why, you all get your panties in wad. This was a complete waste of time. Sorry Sweet T, I know what you were trying to get here, too bad it was lost on most people.
She should just come out and ask Spot if that is who she wants answers from. No offense Spot. Now Scrat would be another to ask and he is an American.
Sweet Tooth

Brits....

Post by Sweet Tooth »

YZGI;537066 wrote: She should just come out and ask Spot if that is who she wants answers from. No offense Spot. Now Scrat would be another to ask and he is an American.

You are so brave! What big balls you have!!! :wah:
DesignerGal

Brits....

Post by DesignerGal »

I just dont get it though, YZGI. If you are a Brit and you dont bash Americans, then this doesnt apply to you. Its that simple.

HBIC
YZGI

Brits....

Post by YZGI »

DesignerGal;537069 wrote: I just dont get it though, YZGI. If you are a Brit and you dont bash Americans, then this doesnt apply to you. Its that simple.
WOW you are right. Simplicity eludes me at times. Thanks so much.
Galbally

Brits....

Post by Galbally »

British-US fight, cool! Ha! No seriously though to answer sweet tooths questions, yes there is a lot of discussion about US politics in Britain, and in most other western countries because US politics directly impacts the world whatever is going on domestically in the US, so generally people want to know what happens there, and also have an opinion on it. There is a lot of America-bashing in the world at present, and a lot of it is very juvenile, and silly stuff, but there are also valid criticisms to make, and you know, Britain gets a hard time sometimes from other countries including america, so does China, so does France, Russia, everyone, I guess the reason that a lot of people also talk American politics here is that at least half of FGs population are Americans and its easier for Brits to have discussions about American politics with Americans, than it is for Americans to have discussions about British politics, because generally British politics has no profile in America so people over there don't know much about it, though of course many people do take an interest in European affairs.

As for me, well I am Irish, so its a bit different, I don't get into that "spank the yank" thing, and I don't bash the Brits (usually) either, but I will certainly give my opinions on things that I think are important, but I try to do it without sounding offensive or patronizing, because Ireland is my country, and we have enough problems without giving out about everyone else's, that said, sometimes you have to be honest and speak you mind, thats freedom of expression after all, and its something all our countries believe in.
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
Sweet Tooth

Brits....

Post by Sweet Tooth »

Pinky;537074 wrote: I think it was the way this was worded that got up people's noses. The fact that it was aimed at only US bashers wasn't clear anywhere.

You must admit, it does come across as 'why don't you all bugger off and leave us alone'. :-2

Sorry, just thought that it would get those people that do have a problem with the US riled up enough to say something. I hate controversy just as much as the next person- I need to learn how to sound more sincere! Thanks
Uncle Kram

Brits....

Post by Uncle Kram »

Sweet Tooth;536929 wrote: Hey all you Brits! Why are you so worried about US Politics!!!! Why dont you worry about your own scum-for-a-Prince Charles for a while!!! And lets not forget the infamous Tony Blair! CNN is making bank off of him!I'm not a fan of the Royal Family, with the notable exception of the much-maligned Prince Charles. He's ok in my book and has had to feel the backlash of the public following the demise of his manipulative first wife. I wouldn't have kicked Diana out of bed, and I wouldn't let Camilla in. Thankfully though, Prince Charles isn't as shallow as me so fair play to him. I love America and I love Americans in general. Not so keen on George Walker Bush, though I didn't mean to bash him :) And Tony Blair?.....next please.....

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
DesignerGal

Brits....

Post by DesignerGal »

Galbally;537077 wrote: British-US fight, cool! Ha! No seriously though to answer sweet tooths questions, yes there is a lot of discussion about US politics in Britain, and in most other western countries because US politics directly impacts the world whatever is going on domestically in the US, so generally people want to know what happens there, and also have an opinion on it. There is a lot of America-bashing in the world at present, and a lot of it is very juvenile, and silly stuff, but there are also valid criticisms to make, and you know, Britain gets a hard time sometimes from other countries including america, so does China, so does France, Russia, everyone, I guess the reason that a lot of people also talk American politics here is that at least half of FGs population are Americans and its easier for Brits to have discussions about American politics with Americans, than it is for Americans to have discussions about British politics, because generally British politics has no profile in America so people over there don't know much about it, though of course many people do take an interest in European affairs.

As for me, well I am Irish, so its a bit different, I don't get into that "spank the yank" thing, and I don't bash the Brits (usually) either, but I will certainly give my opinions on things that I think are important, but I try to do it without sounding offensive or patronizing, because Ireland is my country, and we have enough problems without giving out about everyone else's, that said, sometimes you have to be honest and speak you mind, thats freedom of expression after all, and its something all our countries believe in.

Thanks Gall. I think this is exactly what she was looking for. Thanks.

HBIC
Sweet Tooth

Brits....

Post by Sweet Tooth »

Galbally;537077 wrote: British-US fight, cool! Ha! No seriously though to answer sweet tooths questions, yes there is a lot of discussion about US politics in Britain, and in most other western countries because US politics directly impacts the world whatever is going on domestically in the US, so generally people want to know what happens there, and also have an opinion on it. There is a lot of America-bashing in the world at present, and a lot of it is very juvenile, and silly stuff, but there are also valid criticisms to make, and you know, Britain gets a hard time sometimes from other countries including america, so does China, so does France, Russia, everyone, I guess the reason that a lot of people also talk American politics here is that at least half of FGs population are Americans and its easier for Brits to have discussions about American politics with Americans, than it is for Americans to have discussions about British politics, because generally British politics has no profile in America so people over there don't know much about it, though of course many people do take an interest in European affairs.

Thanks! You always know the right- AND honest- things to say!
Sweet Tooth

Brits....

Post by Sweet Tooth »

Uncle Kram;537081 wrote: I'm not a fan of the Royal Family, with the notable exception of the much-maligned Prince Charles. He's ok in my book and has had to feel the backlash of the public following the demise of his manipulative first wife. I wouldn't have kicked Diana out of bed, and I wouldn't let Camilla in. Thankfully though, Prince Charles isn't as shallow as me so fair play to him. I love America and I love Americans in general. Not so keen on George Walker Bush, though I didn't mean to bash him :) And Tony Blair?.....next please.....

Thank you for your honest answer! It is much appreciated! :D
K.Snyder

Brits....

Post by K.Snyder »

DesignerGal;537028 wrote: American Bashing on FG:

MY FAVORITE: http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/showt ... +americans

DG -

I'm wondering why the third link has anything to do with American bashing...

That thread was a discussion on the Premiership soccer leagues in England...

As for the second link, Galbally was the only person who is not an American whom posted on that thread and was only making an implication that he and other Europeans didn't care much for Bush...I can think of about 64% of Americans who do not like Bush, and that estimate is extremely generous...Also, Galbally has come to Americas aid on this forum more than I have seen anyone else, so I wouldn't be quick to throw out any accusations his way.

And the first link was from Truthbringer, and no where does it show what his nationality is - I've always assumed he was American actually.
DesignerGal

Brits....

Post by DesignerGal »

K.Snyder;537089 wrote: DG -

I'm wondering why the third link has anything to do with American bashing...

That thread was a discussion on the Premiership soccer leagues in England...

As for the second link, Galbally was the only person who is not an American whom posted on that thread and was only making an implication that he and other Europeans didn't care much for Bush...I can think of about 64% of Americans who do not like Bush, and that estimate is extremely generous...Also, Galbally has come to Americas aid on this forum more than I have seen anyone else, so I wouldn't be quick to throw out any accusations his way.

And the first link was from Truthbringer, and no where does it show what his nationality is - I've always assumed he was American actually.

FINE. IM WRONG. But please dont deny there have been numerous post about hating Americans on this entire forum?

HBIC
Bill Sikes

Brits....

Post by Bill Sikes »

DesignerGal;537082 wrote: Thanks Gall. I think this is exactly what she was looking for. Thanks.

Gosh, you must be beside yourself with delight!
DesignerGal

Brits....

Post by DesignerGal »

Bill Sikes;537096 wrote: Gosh, you must be beside yourself with delight!

Eat **** and die.

HBIC
WonderWendy3

Brits....

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Imladris;536987 wrote: I hope you will remember that I supported you when you were unhappy with the treatment of the troops and understand me when I say that I am not being personal to any individual when I say the following.

The reason that America gets a bashing is because you (as a country) make yourself a pretty big target. You hold yourselves up as an example to all on how to run a country and that a democratic system is the only system to be had, sometimes giving the impression that you do not understand that other cultures do not see things your way.

Like all countries and cultures you have things that are not to be admired, that should not be held up as an ideal. Unfortunately you also incur some jealousy - you (again as a whole - not individuals) have a lifestyle some people can only dream of, your films portray big houses, big cars, big tv's, full refridgerators, full shelves in your supermarkets, good education, readily available health care, healthy children, drinking water on tap - do you see where I'm going with this?

As an individual I have found Americans to be no better or no worse than people I have met in other countries. We all have our cultural differences and they are great to explore. I enjoy the company of most of the people here and love to see the differences even when I don't agree with them.

:yh_clap :yh_clap Very nicely written/said. Thanks Immy...

I am only this far reading through the thread and had to stop to say my say!!

I agree and until I started talking to people on the internet from different countries, didn't realize how narrow-minded I am as an American...and I'm only talking about ME...I believe that alot of us are very spoiled...matter of fact I KNOW we are. Seems to me alot of whining goes on, and usually the whiners live in nice homes, have nice things...etc.

To answer the question, of course I'm an American...so, I'll scurry on out....:driving:
Carl44

Brits....

Post by Carl44 »

Uncle Kram;537081 wrote: I'm not a fan of the Royal Family, with the notable exception of the much-maligned Prince Charles. He's ok in my book and has had to feel the backlash of the public following the demise of his manipulative first wife. I wouldn't have kicked Diana out of bed, and I wouldn't let Camilla in. Thankfully though, Prince Charles isn't as shallow as me so fair play to him. I love America and I love Americans in general. Not so keen on George Walker Bush, though I didn't mean to bash him :) And Tony Blair?.....next please.....

i agree with everything you say except that i dont like tony blair .. i love yanks my daughter is one , i met fergie once and she was very nice :)
Bill Sikes

Brits....

Post by Bill Sikes »

jimbo;537124 wrote: i dont like tony blair

Tony Bliar is an absolute rotter.
WonderWendy3

Brits....

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Pinky said "fiddler's fart"....I love it!!:-4
DesignerGal

Brits....

Post by DesignerGal »

Sweet Tooth;537057 wrote: Again, I am not meaning this to bash anyone in particular, nor call out theBrits that don't have a problem with the US. The point of this thread is to find out what the people of the UK think about the US. Please dont misunderstand my intentions here!!

Hamster;537130 wrote: I also resent the implication that all Brits care about US politics. I couldn't really give a s**t about UK politics, US politics or the Royal Family.

I find your attitude offensive.

It was meant only for the Brits who bash American politics! Why do I keep having to repeat myself!!!!!

(Sweet T is at my desk, this post is hers)

HBIC
Carl44

Brits....

Post by Carl44 »

DesignerGal;537138 wrote: It was meant only for the Brits who bash American politics! Why do I keep having to repeat myself!!!!!

(Sweet T is at my desk, this post is hers)
what did you say? can you say that again please ?
WonderWendy3

Brits....

Post by WonderWendy3 »

jimbo;537140 wrote: what did you say? can you say that again please ?

:wah: :wah:
WonderWendy3

Brits....

Post by WonderWendy3 »

flopstock;537143 wrote: I thought fergie was one of yours?:confused: :wah:

No, thought she was american?? and is was the correct term??

Return to “International Politics”