Commentary on the Photo Thread

Share photos of yourself or your family. Have more to share? Start your Blog at www.forumgarden.net
actionfigurestepho

Post by actionfigurestepho »

This instrument was NOT made for people with tiny girly hands. But I will overcome! My new hobby. :o
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

actionfigurestepho wrote:

This instrument was NOT made for people with tiny girly hands. But I will overcome! My new hobby. :o

Cool, is that a proper fender? I'm a guitar player myself, though I used to play bass for people when I was younger for some extra cash. Make sure and stretch your fretting fingers before you play if you are only starting, out or you will get a very stiff hand after a while!
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
actionfigurestepho

It is INDEED a very nice Fender! Good eye! And thanks for the advice on stretching my fret hand...I was so sore after one day of playing that I had to take two days off! Now I'll include hand stretches into my workout.
telaquapacky

Post by telaquapacky »

actionfigurestepho wrote: It is INDEED a very nice Fender! Good eye! And thanks for the advice on stretching my fret hand...I was so sore after one day of playing that I had to take two days off! Now I'll include hand stretches into my workout.Nice! I used to have a pre-CBS P-bass, sunburst, with a white pick guard. One left hand saver is to use open strings whenever possible.

I've heard you can get a really deep, farty sound using RIckenbacker strings, and they fret easily. I used to use round-wounds- they have great string tone, but tear up your fingers- especially if you slide.
Look what the cat dragged in.
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

telaquapacky wrote: Nice! I used to have a pre-CBS P-bass, sunburst, with a white pick guard. One left hand saver is to use open strings whenever possible.

I've heard you can get a really deep, farty sound using RIckenbacker strings, and they fret easily. I used to use round-wounds- they have great string tone, but tear up your fingers- especially if you slide.

Thats great, but can you do the bass solo out of "My Generation" properly, never mind the farty rickenbacker strings.

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
telaquapacky

Post by telaquapacky »

Galbally wrote: Thats great, but can you do the bass solo out of "My Generation" properly, never mind the farty rickenbacker strings.If you mean the studio version (I can't remember what album), yes. If the "Live at Leeds" version, no.
Look what the cat dragged in.
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Cool. :guitarist

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

actionfigurestepho wrote:

Good on you. Whos your musical influence Steph ? Im a big Jaco Pastorius fan, I got to see him with Weather Report just before he died, that man was fierce.
I AM AWESOME MAN
actionfigurestepho

I've always been sort of attracted to the bass, but lately I've paid more attention to John Paul Jones (of Zepplin) because he's pretty much the one who arranged all their music. Lately I've also been listening to a lot of Cake...their bass player is excellent.
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Flamin nora! I'm not getting into any fights with him! I have muscles too though, you just can't see them quite as good as that, actually you can hardly see them at all really, still, the main thing is, I wouldn't fight him, unless I was so drunk I didn't know who I was in the first place. Jeasus, his arms are like the legs off a horse!

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
SOJOURNER

Post by SOJOURNER »

He could be Mr. January on our FG calendar for 2006.
SOJOURNER

Post by SOJOURNER »

Oh, and by the way, WELCOME....................
SOJOURNER

Post by SOJOURNER »

SnoozeControl wrote: If we pose him right, he could be Jan thru Dec. :)
True, but will he cooperate?
minks

Post by minks »

Greetings In10 nice pic, can I touch your muscles oooo sorry that could come across as rude, gack nice body, loads of work. Makes my gym visits seem like preschool ahahaha

Enjoy your stay in the garden.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
minks

Post by minks »

Awww TGirl you 2 are a lovely pair thanks for sharing.

I sent you email today btw.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
SOJOURNER

Post by SOJOURNER »

SnoozeControl wrote: I'm hoping we can bribe him. *counts pocket change*
We could offer him cookies or candy..................
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Ahh come on, not only does this fella, look like a large mountain, have a bike like knight rider, and have every woman in the house drooling after 3 minutes on the forum, his band make him play a kit with 5 toms, 2 bongos, about 8 cymbals, one of those chime things, and he has to control the frickin P.A. as well? Sir, you have made the rest of us men look a bit lame today, well done, fair play to you! :wah:

Oh, and welcome to the forum,....... and no fighting........(with me anyway) etc. etc.

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Don't worry, I wasn't being too serious, I'm just annoying in general. :wah:

As to the kit, I'm a musician myself, and I can play the drums occasionally, but I tend not to as it annoys proper drummers, and let me tell you that is a very big kit! Most bands don't even have 12 inputs, let alone 12 drum inputs! I can definetly see why you need the gym. What style of music is it? I would think metal, but then you don't have the 2 kick drums, (maybe you don't go in for that), or is it hard rock with big tom rolls and that kind of thing? There are a couple of players on this forum actually, Clancy, and telepuacky (?) are the 2 I know, you should have a chat with them. Clancy is a scottish blues man, and telequacky is, erm, I can't remember, but he's definetly a muso.

Anyway, welcome again. :guitarist

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
orangesox1

Post by orangesox1 »

I hope your photos are going in the boys 'show us your muscles calender' You should be up for the centre fold.

Nice to meet you.
in10city

Post by in10city »

Thanks again Galbally, I'm not serious too often either.

For live playing now I only use 6 or 7 mics depending on the venue. For recording it's usually 14-16. I don't have 2 kick drums but I use a double pedal to allow me all the same options with less gear and less hassle tuning two drums to sound the same. As far as the music, it's progressive rock/folk. I guess if you combined Yes, Kansas, Rush, Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd and the Moody Blues it might sound like what we do. We are arranging and rehersing material for our 4th album now and hope to start recording in the next few months.

Again thanks for the welcome and referrals, this forum is huge and a bit overwhelming to start out so I'll have to look around. I've spent countless hours on motorcycle and drum discussion forums so this format is familiar.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

*sit-ups*

One, two, four, twenty-fiiiiiiive!, AAARrrrrgggh ... NINETY!

I need a beer.
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

in10city wrote: Thanks again Galbally, I'm not serious too often either.

For live playing now I only use 6 or 7 mics depending on the venue. For recording it's usually 14-16. I don't have 2 kick drums but I use a double pedal to allow me all the same options with less gear and less hassle tuning two drums to sound the same. As far as the music, it's progressive rock/folk. I guess if you combined Yes, Kansas, Rush, Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd and the Moody Blues it might sound like what we do. We are arranging and rehersing material for our 4th album now and hope to start recording in the next few months.

Again thanks for the welcome and referrals, this forum is huge and a bit overwhelming to start out so I'll have to look around. I've spent countless hours on motorcycle and drum discussion forums so this format is familiar.

Interesting influences, I would be into that style of music myself, you should post referrals to sound clips from your previous albums so people here could have a listen, I think there are quite a few people who would appreciate that type of music (myself included). I'm trying to download a few MP3 files from an album I made with an Irish trad style outfit, unfortunatly my musical ability is better than my computer literacy. There is a specific music forum so you can discuss these musical things there and maybe demonstrate some of your bands' music. Good luck with the recording.

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
in10city

Post by in10city »

Galbally wrote: ...you should post referrals to sound clips from your previous albums so people here could have a listen, I think there are quite a few people who would appreciate that type of music (myself included).

Well, if you insist. Here's a link to one of the vendor's who has some samples available for you to download and listen. We are also selling through Amazon.com but their service is slower fo customers. CD Baby
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

BTS wrote: OK here is a shot by our 100+ adobe house with a one of a kind New Mexico rainbow.

If you look closely you might see the love of my life........NVLovely lady. Too bad about her eyes, though. I mean, she must be blind right? If you look anything like your avatar, that is. :wah:
BTS

Post by BTS »

Accountable wrote: Lovely lady. Too bad about her eyes, though. I mean, she must be blind right? If you look anything like your avatar, that is. :wah:

Yes Acc, she is fairly blind........You might say she is blind in one eye and can't hear out of the other:-4

And thanks Far, it was quite a find. We are soo much alike it is scarry........

This is my brother and I at his wedding a few years ago........Gosh that was a fun day:

"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
StupidCowboyTricks

Post by StupidCowboyTricks »

in10city wrote: Thanks for the laughs Gallbally, I'm not trying to impress anyone, just showing my main interests in life. That old photo was from when I used to mix my own drum set because our sound guy was overwhelmed with 12 mic inputs. I've actually done away with that and run less mics and sub mix everything so he only has to deal with Left and Right Drums volume.

From this angle you can see the actual set I'm using now:

Wow, thats some 'kit' you got there

My 1st concert was CREAM and I sat a few feet behind Ginger Baker.........He had an expansive set up like yours..

IN10city welcome indeed!
Someone asked me why I swear so much. I said, "Just becuss.":)

StupidCowboyTricks

Post by StupidCowboyTricks »

SnoozeControl wrote: The one with the big ears.:sneaky:

................-excelent choice:-3
Someone asked me why I swear so much. I said, "Just becuss.":)

BTS

Post by BTS »

ArnoldLayne wrote: Snooze, which one have you chosen for your date tonight?

Eeny Meeny Miny Mo

OOOOOHHH Choice me................. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

I am the one with the big ears................

And you know what they say about that?????????
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

BTS wrote: OOOOOHHH Choice me................. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

I am the one with the big ears................

And you know what they say about that?????????Keeps cooler in summer? :-2
BTS

Post by BTS »

Accountable wrote: Keeps cooler in summer? :-2

Yes that is so....like the elephants in Africa..... but I was thinking more on the line of the relationship of ear size to my clean shirt and the fact I wear a watch and can keep and tell time.

It is ALL relative ya know. You see my ignorant brother has no watch and his wife ralphed on his wedding shirt...

SOO choose me SC........
Bez

Post by Bez »

Well...my 'little cowboy' Lewis is 6 weeks old today, so as any proud Nanny would, I took some photos while I looked after him yesterday (Mum and Dad are moving this weekend). I'm not a good photographer, but they capture the essence of my little angel.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

aww Bez....so cute!! i want to hug him! :-4
abbey

Post by abbey »

Bez wrote: Well...my 'little cowboy' Lewis is 6 weeks old today, so as any proud Nanny would, I took some photos while I looked after him yesterday (Mum and Dad are moving this weekend). I'm not a good photographer, but they capture the essence of my little angel.Cute as a button and so hairy! you must be so in love with him. :-4
Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

Stop it - I'll have a nose-bleed

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
valerie

Post by valerie »

Uncle Kram wrote: This is either going to be a very rare pic of me as I always hide behind the camera, or if I haven't done it right, a picture of the Invisible man

Let me just say, I am a VERY happily married woman...

But...

I LIKE!!!

Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Return to “Photos”