The fear of this site being religious

Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

gmc;1501992 wrote: I popped in to see what was happening. haven't missed much like most religious posters you have no interest in discussion beyond pushing your own weird interpretation of things can't handle it when challenged and blithely contradict your own posts. Religion is imo a baleful influence on the world and one I like to keep keep an eye on. we are about to get sucked in to another world war and the religious can't wait for the end of times. As an individual you are a harmless if somewhat sad figure so not to worry I shall resume not reading your threads.

I have no interest in religion or you. But I have no need to tell you this on your threads. I don't need to pop in on your threads. I grow tired of your constant gripes ; just stop reading it. I don't like discussing things with whiners.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Mickiel;1501995 wrote: I have no interest in religion or you. But I have no need to tell you this on your threads. I don't need to pop in on your threads. I grow tired of your constant gripes ; just stop reading it. I don't like discussing things with whiners.

I am open to discussion with anyone ,but keep your whineing to yourself . I don't whine about you being an Atheist ; we are what we are , because were supposed to be what we are.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

One has to ask several things.

1. If, as you claim, you have no interest in Religion, then why are you always starting up threads in the Religious category on the forum.

2. Why are you always posting promoting pro-Religion?
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

FourPart;1502114 wrote: One has to ask several things.

1. If, as you claim, you have no interest in Religion, then why are you always starting up threads in the Religious category on the forum.

2. Why are you always posting promoting pro-Religion?

What category would you like me to post in?

I don't promote religion , your just conditioned in your consciousness to "Think that I do"; I mean you can't help but see it like that.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Mickiel;1502116 wrote: What category would you like me to post in?

I don't promote religion , your just conditioned in your consciousness to "Think that I do"; I mean you can't help but see it like that.
If you have no interest in Religion, what are you doing in a Religious Category in the first place?
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

FourPart;1502119 wrote: If you have no interest in Religion, what are you doing in a Religious Category in the first place?

Its one of the houses I live in here. Its just a box I post in.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Mickiel;1502121 wrote: Its one of the houses I live in here. Its just a box I post in.

The fear of this site being religious. The fear that someone will tell you that your house is not yours! That the place you frequent is a religious place , but you are not religious.

I can Imagine that would be quite irritating??
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

It's not a fear - it's contempt. It's a loathing.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

FourPart;1508939 wrote: It's not a fear - it's contempt. It's a loathing.

Its a personal observation.

I have always liked Forum garden ; for years. Sometimes , to keep the religion section alive and relevant, I throw a topic at it to see where others thinking is at; religion can be a difficult topic to daily get some relevance from. Its like a two edged sword , I dislike so much about how religion has been turned into a garbage dump verses some really good news around the world that shows religion still does help so many.

Religion is still an icon in humanity , but I think too many religious people have mis -informed humanity on so many things spiritual. I mean I can't change the tide , but I can show what I think about a few things spiritual.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Religion was never turned into a garbage dump. It was a garbage dump from the start. A way to control the masses through fear, using wild superstition to explain the unknown. In recent time the Remain campaign was doing exactly the same thing with Project Fear, casting prophecies of disaster as 'fact' when everything was (and still is) a great unprecedented unknown. When something is an unknown it should be accepted as such & work towards learning the facts behind it, rather than making up stories & putting them forward as the only explanation, denying all other explanations in the face of evidence to the contrary.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

FourPart;1509036 wrote: Religion was never turned into a garbage dump. It was a garbage dump from the start. A way to control the masses through fear, using wild superstition to explain the unknown. In recent time the Remain campaign was doing exactly the same thing with Project Fear, casting prophecies of disaster as 'fact' when everything was (and still is) a great unprecedented unknown. When something is an unknown it should be accepted as such & work towards learning the facts behind it, rather than making up stories & putting them forward as the only explanation, denying all other explanations in the face of evidence to the contrary.

I would agree that , to a certain extent , life is an unknown.
Ted

Post by Ted »

BS Is all I can say. Try reading some scholarly works in all fields.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Ted;1509153 wrote: BS Is all I can say. Try reading some scholarly works in all fields. Pot/Kettle!

I thought we all were entitled to our own "opinions". Where's that tolerance you claim to be so rich in?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

I think in some Theist, there is a fear of this site being Atheist. It goes both ways doesn't it. Fear is a trip; it festers inside of us and we try to hide it.

I don't blame anyone, fear is worth hiding. I would rather deal with it personally.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Mickiel;1509160 wrote: I think in some Theist, there is a fear of this site being Atheist. It goes both ways doesn't it. Fear is a trip; it festers inside of us and we try to hide it.

I don't blame anyone, fear is worth hiding. I would rather deal with it personally.It might be nice for a change in the idea that the site is rational or not.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ted

Post by Ted »

Ahso you speak of tolerance. Where is yours. I accept all folks of all the different faiths or non-faith. I do not attack them unless they are hurting others. You are always on the attack. Where is your tolerance?
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Ahso!;1509164 wrote: It might be nice for a change in the idea that the site is rational or not.

I think the site is rational ; and all too human!
Ted

Post by Ted »

Mickiel, damn, I agree with you. Read a book once about the ten basic flaws in Logic. Right now I could not name them. But that's Ok
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Ted;1509231 wrote: Mickiel, damn, I agree with you. Read a book once about the ten basic flaws in Logic. Right now I could not name them. But that's Ok

Well I am not aware of that book, but one of the flaws , has to be " Logic verses Spirit." Some things that are logical, are not spiritual. We can be conscious of logic, but unconscious of things spiritual. And in my view, the spirit is the governor of our behavior, not logic. " Consciousness itself is a spirit", which is just " In" the human body. Consciousness is like a " Ghost", a ghost in the human. And that ghost provides our emotions, our beliefs, our very behavior, not logic!
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

The fear of the Spiritual! That is a great fear; its like the fear of the unknown; or the unknown God. In Job 36:26, " God is Great, we know him not!" And we don't know him. So we fear the things humans dare say about him. This is one reason religion is feared, but religion does not represent God , that is simply not true. Religion does not speak for God, no religion.

But still man fears him, even those who do not believe. I can smell the fear; I can see it. And I can see it in me.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Mickiel I do agree with some of what you say. There is the spiritual aspect to life. Amit Goswami a quantum physicist puts a great deal into discussing consciousness and spirit. Even Stephen Hawking has said he has to rethink his whole approach to reality. Interesting coming from a man so brilliant.. An interesting aside is that quantum physicists believe that atoms to wink in and out of existence. They also believe that something can appear out of nothing????????
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Ted;1509277 wrote: Mickiel I do agree with some of what you say. There is the spiritual aspect to life. Amit Goswami a quantum physicist puts a great deal into discussing consciousness and spirit. Even Stephen Hawking has said he has to rethink his whole approach to reality. Interesting coming from a man so brilliant.. An interesting aside is that quantum physicists believe that atoms to wink in and out of existence. They also believe that something can appear out of nothing????????

Well I do see a spiritual side to our existence , the careful elaborate structures of the human body were not just " Shaken into consciousness", as if our thinking was the result of billions of years of mother nature trying and failing, then finally getting it right through complex trial and error; somehow molding a great body then giving it a brain and making the brain work after another trillion years, and then one lucky day shake it into consciousness.

No, God added his Spirit to create and give us consciousness. Our ability to think was not the result of elaborate physical exaggerated causes, the cause of consciousness was spiritual.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Mickiel;1509281 wrote: Well I do see a spiritual side to our existence , the careful elaborate structures of the human body were not just " Shaken into consciousness", as if our thinking was the result of billions of years of mother nature trying and failing, then finally getting it right through complex trial and error; somehow molding a great body then giving it a brain and making the brain work after another trillion years, and then one lucky day shake it into consciousness.

No, God added his Spirit to create and give us consciousness. Our ability to think was not the result of elaborate physical exaggerated causes, the cause of consciousness was spiritual.There is nothing in this post that resemble Natural Selection. Like Pahu's posts, it's just another version of crazy weird stuff. It gets pointed out to Pahu but not you. Funny, that!

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Ahso!;1509283 wrote: There is nothing in this post that resemble Natural Selection. Like Pahu's posts, it's just another version of crazy weird stuff. It gets pointed out to Pahu but not you. Funny, that!

Well I do not view our existence as a result of genetic drift. In my view, your views on this subject are weird to me; we did not slip through a hole in space and begin a whole series of mutations that resulted in you and me. Yet I know many have swallowed that whole without thinking.

And anyone can point out anything to me, I am no different that Pahu.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Mickiel;1509286 wrote: Well I do not view our existence as a result of genetic drift.What? Try http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar ... 0_0/evo_24 Mickiel;1509286 wrote: In my view, your views on this subject are weird to me;I'm sure they are, however, they are stated correctly as defined by the subject matter. Mickiel;1509286 wrote: we did not slip through a hole in space and begin a whole series of mutations that resulted in you and me.Where did this notion come from because it's completely foreign to me. Mickiel;1509286 wrote: Yet I know many have swallowed that whole without thinking.That would not surprise me. Your posts indicate quite a bit of "swallowing" as well, you know.

Mickiel;1509286 wrote: And anyone can point out anything to me, I am no different that Pahu.Your posts definitely do not reflect any better of an understanding of the subject matter than his, that's for sure.

Throwing around terms is meaningless unless they are used properly and in the proper context.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Ahso!;1509287 wrote: What? Try Genetic drift I'm sure they are, however, they are stated correctly as defined by the subject matter. Where did this notion come from because it's completely foreign to me. That would not surprise me. Your posts indicate quite a bit of "swallowing" as well, you know.

Your posts definitely do not reflect any better of an understanding of the subject matter than his, that's for sure.

Throwing around terms is meaningless unless they are used properly and in the proper context.

I do my best, and I like the amount of views that I get from those interested. And I am amazed at the astounding views that Pahu gets on his thread; simply stunning.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Mickiel;1509288 wrote: I do my best, and I like the amount of views that I get from those interested. And I am amazed at the astounding views that Pahu gets on his thread; simply stunning.Is that what this is about for you? Views?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Ahso!;1509290 wrote: Is that what this is about for you? Views?

It's all about exposure for folks like them.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Ahso!;1509290 wrote: Is that what this is about for you? Views?

I am just stating the facts about the site. You have a lot of negative things to say about my thread, I notice a lot of views and interest in my threads. Including your interest. That is one of the things that I enjoy and am pleased with. It is one of the things this is about. I like expressing myself, and I like it when others show interest in my thoughts.

And I see absolutely nothing wrong with that.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

LarsMac;1509292 wrote: It's all about exposure for folks like them.

I spend a lot of time in prayer , talking to God about my threads. I ask him to help me post things of value and of the truth as I presently understand it. I ask him not to let me post garbage , and I always request from him a clear vision of things spiritual. And not to waste anyone's time. But you know, I ask him to open me, because I am aware of how much serious deception is out there, and how people are innocent of that.

I ask him to help me show the wonderful future he has in store for every single human ; how that future is absolutely free. And I try to be careful , because I know how limited I am myself.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Mickiel;1509295 wrote: I spend a lot of time in prayer , talking to God about my threads. I ask him to help me post things of value and of the truth as I presently understand it. I ask him not to let me post garbage , and I always request from him a clear vision of things spiritual. And not to waste anyone's time. But you know, I ask him to open me, because I am aware of how much serious deception is out there, and how people are innocent of that.

I ask him to help me show the wonderful future he has in store for every single human ; how that future is absolutely free. And I try to be careful , because I know how limited I am myself.This might be the best argument for the nonexistence of God I've ever read.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Ahso!;1509296 wrote: This might be the best argument for the nonexistence of God I've ever read.

Well thank you, I am glad that you are reading it. Welcome to thread.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Lol
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

I used to be shy of my fears and beliefs, but i try to speak out more and write more, to not have fear of my beliefs.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Mickiel that is right on.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Ted;1509727 wrote: Mickiel that is right on.

Yes, we share and that is greater than ourselves, our shyness.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Some worry too much about what threads seem to dominate the store today: I mean what does that really mean or matter in our lives? If religion gets 4 days out of a month who cares? We aren't going to die if Mickiel has 3 threads in a row on the board. I think I may start one or two threads a year. The fear of a site being perceived as religious is stunning.
Ted

Post by Ted »

It seems to me the evangelical atheists are also promoting their religion.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Ted;1509811 wrote: It seems to me the evangelical atheists are also promoting their religion.

Some of them are. And I certainly will continue my view of it all.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Ted;1509811 wrote: It seems to me the evangelical atheists are also promoting their religion.

So you go on a secular discussion foprum, albeit with a religious section, spout your nonsense and if any atheists respond in the vain hope of a discussion and you think THEY are the ones evangelising.

Why don't you go to a religious site and test how tolerant they are of your non conformist heresies at least here you are met with tolerance and understanding if also with frustrtation at your inability to discuss rationally..
Ted

Post by Ted »

gmc there are evangelical atheists on this site. Don't need to go to a religious site. for evangelism.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Ted;1509855 wrote: gmc there are evangelical atheists on this site. Don't need to go to a religious site. for evangelism.

So far as I can make out your definition of an evangelical atheist is any atheist that happens to say they are one and is prepared to discuss religious belief. You donlt actually want to discuss relgion and relgious belief you just seem to be intent in putting your own view of the matter. From now on I will be ignoring both you and mickiel you;re a waste of my time.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

gmc;1509907 wrote: So far as I can make out your definition of an evangelical atheist is any atheist that happens to say they are one and is prepared to discuss religious belief. You donlt actually want to discuss relgion and relgious belief you just seem to be intent in putting your own view of the matter. From now on I will be ignoring both you and mickiel you;re a waste of my time.

A sad loss I thought I was converting Gmc, I guess I had better stay off his threads

What am I doing wrong?
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Mickiel;1509910 wrote: A sad loss I thought I was converting Gmc, I guess I had better stay off his threads

What am I doing wrong?

Maybe there is a fear of being convicted and converted?
Ted

Post by Ted »

Christianity is not supssed to be about right belief but about following in the steps of Jesus of Nazareth.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Ted;1509971 wrote: Christianity is not supssed to be about right belief but about following in the steps of Jesus of Nazareth.
In reality, though, Christianity is as much about following the teachings of Jesus as the Daily Mail is about teaching Racial Tolerance.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Ted;1509971 wrote: Christianity is not supssed to be about right belief but about following in the steps of Jesus of Nazareth.

Christianity is, unfortunately none of the Churches are
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Bryn Mawr;1509987 wrote: Christianity is, unfortunately none of the Churches are

I agree with that.
Ted

Post by Ted »

I can't agree with that.
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Ted;1510160 wrote: I can't agree with that.

I must agree with it; I must!! I am compelled, I am compounded. I am complexed if I don't.

Return to “General Religious Discussions”