I am going to Italy!!!

Been on a great vacation or location recently? Share with us your travels, your tips, great places to stay, and whatever else you can think of.
minks

I am going to Italy!!!

Post by minks »

Verb of Nothing;1254845 wrote: Venice has become a japanese base.

for what?
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Verb of Nothing

I am going to Italy!!!

Post by Verb of Nothing »

minks;1254899 wrote: for what?
Tourism. And it really sucks.

All the original places, restaurants, shops are closing. All the real veneziani are leaving the town (they are like 70000, and two years ago they were more than 80000).

Going there last year was very depressing, more depressing than sex.
minks

I am going to Italy!!!

Post by minks »

Verb of Nothing;1254961 wrote: Tourism. And it really sucks.

All the original places, restaurants, shops are closing. All the real veneziani are leaving the town (they are like 70000, and two years ago they were more than 80000).

Going there last year was very depressing, more depressing than sex.

Verb I am afraid it is a common concern worldwide. We see it here as well at many of our local touristy towns and cities. I guess given the size of their population we can't avoid them unless we live in caves forever.

I was saddened to read that Venicians are leaving their homeland but I am not 100% convinced it is because of tourisim or other reasons? But I am not doubting it either. But I did not find it depressing one of the very endearing things I liked about it was that in the evenings families come out to the streets with children and dogs and visit and dine and enjoy getting together. That was a wonderful sight.

Pity sex for you is so awful.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
cogob

I am going to Italy!!!

Post by cogob »

Venice is ok but the smaller towns and villages are what I prefer. I really liked the Eugenian Hills, incidently in Bastia a town to the west of the Hills is probably one of the best pizzas. This year stayed for a week with friends just outside Castel Franco, drove from England through France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany and Austria over the Alps at the Brenner Pass. Although do not know the language Italy is probably one of the friendly countries to the English on par with the USA....

Return to “Travel Vacation”