AFTR's Daily Commute

along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Just a quick note to say, my mother-in-law passed away this afternoon. Quietly, after her sole surviving brother visited her. We have do not know exactly when the funeral will be held.

Hubby is doing okay...quiet.........reflective. Several years ago, after his father passed away, Hubby had a dream about him. He saw his father walking ahead on a country road. Suddenly. his father turned to Hubby, and said clearly, "Tell you mama I will walk slow." The dream was so vivid.

I like to think there is a family reunion going on in Heaven with smiles and hugs and memories.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Mustang

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by Mustang »

along-for-the-ride;1131830 wrote: Just a quick note to say, my mother-in-law passed away this afternoon. Quietly, after her sole surviving brother visited her. We have do not know exactly when the funeral will be held.

Hubby is doing okay...quiet.........reflective. Several years ago, after his father passed away, Hubby had a dream about him. He saw his father walking ahead on a country road. Suddenly. his father turned to Hubby, and said clearly, "Tell you mama I will walk slow." The dream was so vivid.

I like to think there is a family reunion going on in Heaven with smiles and hugs and memories.

My deepest condolences to you and your hubby on your loss of your MIL and his mother. :yh_hugs

There will be a family reunion indeed. :yh_flower
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

Thank you so much for your condolences. My mother-in-law was laid to rest yesterday, next to her husband who passed away in 1981 of a sudden heart attack. We had a small graveside service. Some of Hubby's sister chose some music that was played on a tape before the preacher spoke. Flowers and potted plants decorated the grave-site. The hardest part for Hubby was initially viewing his mama in a casket. Understandable, ofcourse. We've been spending time with Hubby's oldest sister and her hubby since the funeral.

Life does go on, and we do have our memories to sustain us. It's so hard to know that this road of life does have to end sometime, for all of us. That's why I believe that if life is a journey, not a destination, enjoy the ride, and sometimes, stop and take time to savor the places you visit and be kind to the people you meet.
Nomad

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by Nomad »

along-for-the-ride;1131136 wrote:

What do you think? Do people in a coma really hear you or is this something doctors and nurses tell a family to comfort them?

Ive only seen one person die. It was my girlfriends brother and he too was under hospice care at home. He had prostate cancer and the cancer spread to his brain.

He was 27.

He was fading in and out and often incoherent but in the last moment the nurse urged the family to come be with him by his bedside and just before he died he reached out pushed against his mothers and sisters hands with all his might.

He knew.

My condolences to you and your family.
I AM AWESOME MAN
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

Thank you, Nomie. :yh_flower

It is a cool dreary Sunday here, but, unlike Lon, I see no flies to hunt down.

Carolly started a thread recently asking if there was someone we want to apologize to, who would it be? The sentence "I'm sorry" can mean something else besides "I apologize". Having just attended a funeral for a loved one, I've heard people come up to the family and say, "I"m sorry for your loss." In this case, I think "sorry" must mean "sad", because these people certainly don't have anything to apologize for. Can the word "sorry" come from the word "sorrow"?

I guess when we do sincerely apologize and say, "I'm sorry", we are sad that we have caused another person pain. Just my thoughts.
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

Right now, I'm reminiscing. I'm a four year girl and it's a lovely, warm, cloudy summer day. I've been lying on my back on the grass looking up at the clouds as they glide by above me. I hear the sparrows chirping from the trees. I can smell the grass and the bushes. I do remember days such as these in my backyard. I roll over on my stomach as I hear one of my little siblings approach. My little magic moment with nature has ended.

Do you remember any magic moments as a child?

Attached files
Hope6

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by Hope6 »

Hi AFTR! :-6

been a long time since i visited you, thought i would drop in and say hi! :D
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

:) So glad you popped by, Hope.

Now, answer my question. :wah: Did you have any magic moments as a child?

Attached files
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

"Letting go " is hard to do but it something we must do at times with people we care about. So they can grow and spread their own wings. And be happy. I say this because I read oscars thread about Jimbo really leaving us this time. For good. He did send me a private messege with a link to the other Forum he is on. My question to Jimbo, "What have they got that we don't?" But that's being selfish of me. I know he has his reasons. I do wish him and Suzy all the best. They are already missed here.

IN RL, I have made alot of great friends who, for one reason or another, moved on. I must admit that it was I who was the one who moved on sometimes. But I guess that is what life is about sometimes. Sometimes it hurts a little.

Is there anyone here on the Forum who is still friends with a childhood buddy?

Lucky you. :)
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

Depending on who you are, I imagine that I'm in a certain setting with you. :)

Sometimes, at a table sipping coffee or tea, or strolling through a garden, or sitting in a pub or tavern, or walking along a beach, or sitting in a courtyard, or riding around enjoying the sights. At every setting, we are talking to each other and enjoying each other's company.

Can you guess which setting I share with you? :)

Attached files
Cow Patty

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by Cow Patty »

Hello AFTR, how have you been?
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

Hey, CP....................nice to see ya here.:) Hope all is well with you.

What a weekend this is being!

Last night I was here on the computer, and suddenly got the chill. I've had a cold but the chills is something extra. Yuch! I wrapped myself up in blanket and got something warm to drink. My home is warm........so it wasn' that. Finally, after I stopped shivering, I went and soaked in a hot tub. Felt heavenly. Dried off quickly and got my jammies on. Then I took some cold medicine. By the time I went to

bed my skin felt a little feverish and I was achy, but I feel better this morning.

So I signed on my computer this morning and came to Forum Garden again. I was reading Kathy Ellens thread with her beautiful pics about the sea, when, zap..........the power went out. The weather here is cloudy,windy and rainy and chilly. but I did not expect a power outage. Anyway, I had just put a turkey in the oven, so I was concerned about that. Well after about 1 1/2 hours the power finally came back on and my turkey is cooking again. :) But.........hubby guaged his hand checking on the water pump outside. :(

What do you do when the power goes out? Are you ready?;)
Odie

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by Odie »

along-for-the-ride;1148403 wrote: Hey, CP....................nice to see ya here.:) Hope all is well with you.

What a weekend this is being!

Last night I was here on the computer, and suddenly got the chill. I've had a cold but the chills is something extra. Yuch! I wrapped myself up in blanket and got something warm to drink. My home is warm........so it wasn' that. Finally, after I stopped shivering, I went and soaked in a hot tub. Felt heavenly. Dried off quickly and got my jammies on. Then I took some cold medicine. By the time I went to

bed my skin felt a little feverish and I was achy, but I feel better this morning.

So I signed on my computer this morning and came to Forum Garden again. I was reading Kathy Ellens thread with her beautiful pics about the sea, when, zap..........the power went out. The weather here is cloudy,windy and rainy and chilly. but I did not expect a power outage. Anyway, I had just put a turkey in the oven, so I was concerned about that. Well after about 1 1/2 hours the power finally came back on and my turkey is cooking again. :) But.........hubby guaged his hand checking on the water pump outside. :(

What do you do when the power goes out? Are you ready?;)

So glad your feeling better!

Our power here goes out from time to time, two weeks ago it was out for 3 hour and its was dark outside.......sitting in the dark with my flashlight was not amusing!
Life is just to short for drama.
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

Hey, Odie!:)

Yes, we have the handy-dandy flashlight and a battery powered radio.

We also have a generator, which we keep with our camper. We can always bring it in the house............but it is noisy. :wah:

Going without power for a couple hours is an inconvenience. When I hear of folks being without power for days or weeks and surviving, I feel humbled.
qsducks

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by qsducks »

along-for-the-ride;1150461 wrote: Hey, Odie!:)

Yes, we have the handy-dandy flashlight and a battery powered radio.

We also have a generator, which we keep with our camper. We can always bring it in the house............but it is noisy. :wah:

Going without power for a couple hours is an inconvenience. When I hear of folks being without power for days or weeks and surviving, I feel humbled.

And probably thrilled that you didn't load up your freezer with meat:wah:
Kathy Ellen

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hello Along:-4

Good to see you feeling better. Yes, I've dealt with the power off but only for 2 days....yukky time:rolleyes:

I'm in a bit of the ho hum doldrums....need a trip somewhere warm like an island......whacha have in mind....You know I always have to be by the sea:wah:
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

Hey qsducks and Kathy Ellen!:)

Kindles thread about a book she found about New Orleans is the inspiration for our trip today. Let's climb in the ole shuttle bus and take a virtual visit to New Orleans. I have never really been there and I'm aware there is still much damage from Katrina. But the visit we will take will show parts of the city in it's glory. Enjoy!

Attached files
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

Hubby and I went to the flea market this afternoon. The only thing I bought was this cute chicken clock just like the one below for $3.00.

Just out of curiousity, I went to E-bay to see if the same clock was up for bids. It is, except the second hand on that one was broken off. (That is the photo I have below).

The bid is currently up to................get this.... $82.00... and has only a few minutes to go. And there have been 11 bids.

Nothing like getting a bargain on something you like. :)

Anyone else experience a great deal from a flea market or yard sale?

Attached files
qsducks

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by qsducks »

Yes....got a George Foreman outdoor grill for $25.00 retails for $60. Ceramic chicken & rooster for $1.00 each, for my daughter's vacation I got her Nintendo 64 with all the works for $3.00...got the memory card & another game for under $5.00....my best find last year was the fake ivy you can use to put on top of your kitchen cabinets for $10...I have loads of it! A computer chair for $1.00 which I'm currently sitting on:wah:...a Farberware cooking pot for $5.00 which I love and still use....Black & Decker toaster oven for $10 which died last year but I had it for almost 5 yrs. Half the picture frames I own came from yardsales all under $1.00...another month and the sales begin! Yeah!:D
Cow Patty

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by Cow Patty »

Hello There!
Trunk Monkey

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by Trunk Monkey »

Just stopping by to say hello!
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

Thanks, qsducks.....................great buys! :)

Hello there, CP and TM................so glad to see ya. Have either of you gotten some great buys at the flea market or a yard sale?

Attached files
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

We can't escape them. We go out on the road in our vehicles and are still bombarded with advertisements and social awareness messeges.......on the billboards we pass along the way. On a long trip, the steady appearances of the billboards have amused us and broken the monotony.

I have found some old automobile billboards that may amuse you. :)

Attached files
qsducks

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by qsducks »

along-for-the-ride;1142137 wrote: :) So glad you popped by, Hope.

Now, answer my question. :wah: Did you have any magic moments as a child?

I remember when I was around 5 yrs old and we had this bratty kid on our street...Burt. He was very mean and would tie us up in his basement:mad:. God knows what happened to him later in life, they moved away. He didn't do anything to us, but it was creepy.
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

Wow, qsducks........that must have been awful. Kids sure can be mean sometimes.

I found this little poem on Dear Abby today:

Success

You can use most any measure

When you're speaking of success.

You can measure it in fancy homes,

Expensive cars or dress.

But the measure of your real success

Is the one you cannot spend.

It's the way your kids describe you

When they're talking to a friend.

:) What do you think?
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

While travelling the roads here in Georgia, we see alot of buildings like the ones below. It's hard to believe that someone used to live there...........sleep, eat, etc..

Now these building struggle to stand upright and are still falling apart from age and neglect. To me, they are not eye-sores but minor monuments to a life as it was.

Attached files
Nomad

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by Nomad »

qsducks;1159424 wrote: I remember when I was around 5 yrs old and we had this bratty kid on our street...Burt. He was very mean and would tie us up in his basement:mad:. God knows what happened to him later in life, they moved away. He didn't do anything to us, but it was creepy.

Hes still around and seemingly perfected his passion.

AMSTETTEN, Austria (AP) — A man has confessed to imprisoning his daughter for 24 years in a windowless cell with a soundproofed door and fathering seven children with her including three who "never saw sunlight," police said Monday.

Josef Fritzl, now 73, also told investigators that he tossed the body of one of the children in an incinerator when the infant died shortly after birth, said Franz Polzer, head of the Lower Austrian Bureau of Criminal Affairs.
I AM AWESOME MAN
qsducks

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by qsducks »

along-for-the-ride;1154555 wrote: Thanks, qsducks.....................great buys! :)

Hello there, CP and TM................so glad to see ya. Have either of you gotten some great buys at the flea market or a yard sale?

Was just telling Quin last night that the yardsales will be starting soon:-4. $20.00 can get us loads of goodies.
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

Today, I had that "aha" moment. I finally figured out how to cut and paste on the internet. :wah: I had tried before, but could never figure it out.

So, using my newly learned skill, we are going on a trip. We shall revisit my "The Last Word" thread, share a few laughs, listen to some music, and see some sights. You may bump into an old friend. We even have food.

So, let's go. Enjoy the ride. :)

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/gener ... -word.html

Attached files
Odie

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by Odie »

your doing great......doesn't it feel soooooooooooo good?:-4
qsducks

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by qsducks »

Odie;1163429 wrote: your doing great......doesn't it feel soooooooooooo good?:-4

I can copy & paste but can't figure out how to do it from youtube or photobucket:-5
farmer giles

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by farmer giles »

along-for-the-ride;1161441 wrote: While travelling the roads here in Georgia, we see alot of buildings like the ones below. It's hard to believe that someone used to live there...........sleep, eat, etc..

Now these building struggle to stand upright and are still falling apart from age and neglect. To me, they are not eye-sores but minor monuments to a life as it was.

i guess i'm just a minor monument :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

farmer giles;1163704 wrote:

i guess i'm just a minor monument :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

:) We are all "minor" characters on this big stage of life, Jimbo. You could never be just a monument, as you are too full of life. ;)

Attached files
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

qsducks;1163702 wrote: I can copy & paste but can't figure out how to do it from youtube or photobucket:-5

:) When I used to just "copy", I couldn't figure out what the next step was in "pasting". Odie, you are the expert, help our duckie. :)

Thanks, Odie, Nomad, qsducks, and Jimbo for visiting my thread. Always good to see you here....................makes my day. :-6

Attached files
qsducks

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by qsducks »

along-for-the-ride;1164082 wrote: :) When I used to just "copy", I couldn't figure out what the next step was in "pasting". Odie, you are the expert, help our duckie. :)

Thanks, Odie, Nomad, qsducks, and Jimbo for visiting my thread. Always good to see you here....................makes my day. :-6

So far Odie is helping with garden perennial selections. She's an awesome peep with loads of knowledge. Alas, I have to log out....a frackas going on upstairs involving the kidlets. Talk soon babe.
Odie

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by Odie »

along-for-the-ride;1164082 wrote: :) When I used to just "copy", I couldn't figure out what the next step was in "pasting". Odie, you are the expert, help our duckie. :)

okay, I will help her, but she had better listen!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
qsducks

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by qsducks »

I'm going to try it now.:wah:
Cow Patty

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by Cow Patty »

Hello AFTR, how have you been?
qsducks

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by qsducks »

Odie;1164091 wrote: okay, I will help her, but she had better listen!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I did the youtube fine, but not the photobucket
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

qsducks;1167390 wrote: I did the youtube fine, but not the photobucket

:wah: Taking baby steps...................you'll get it.
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

Cow Patty;1166025 wrote: Hello AFTR, how have you been?

Hey CP...............I'm doing fine..... thanks. :)

Sure is looking like Spring here in Georgia. I see alot of pink, and lilac, and purple and white blossoms. Weather's getting warmer too.

Why does time seem to go so fast?..................The year is 1/4 over already. :-2

Attached files
Odie

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by Odie »

beautiful pic!:-6:-6
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

:wah:

Some things I'd like to see here on Forum Garden. ;)

Coberst and/or Spot start a joke thread.

Jimbo and Nomad banter together on a thread and nobody else posts,we just watch.

Gallbally start a Word Game thread.

A thread where we all post a link to our very first post here. You know, introducing ourselves.

Maybe a little less Gordon Brown. :lips:

Is there anything you have a hankering to see here at Forum Garden?

Thanks for riding along today. :driving:
qsducks

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by qsducks »

When I was done driving in your convertable today I spent the rest of the day sneezing my brains out:wah:.
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

qsducks;1168712 wrote: When I was done driving in your convertable today I spent the rest of the day sneezing my brains out:wah:.

God Bless You! Here's a hanky.:)

Attached files
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

Come with me to a night on the town. :) Turn your speakers up and enjoy the ride. This is another one of my faves.

YouTube - Joe Jackson - Steppin' Out
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

Now, let's have a little fun and hunt for Easter Eggs. :)

Maze Game - Egg Hunt at Candystand.com
Chezzie

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by Chezzie »

along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

Hey, Chezzie...............so glad you came to visit! :):-6

My topic for today...........the day before Easter:

The Allure of Candy

Is it a cheap thrill? Because today you can find candy anywhere. It's not really much of a treat anymore. And it doesn't cost that much.

In bigone days, it was treat because you couldn't get a piece as easily and cheaply.

Eating a piece of candy is like taking a brief trip to one's childhood. Sweet. :)

Attached files

Return to “ForumGarden Hotel”