Ban Mickiel

Oscar Namechange

Ban Mickiel

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Mickiel;1434702 wrote: Those 4 letters you called Oscar were very nasty and very rude; I could not believe it; I knew then to erase your friend request that I had accepted this month. I am against that; really against it. There is no call for that; none! For an Insult to hit, the Insulter must mean something to you, hence my lack of outrage and another vital factor... I know a wanker when I see one... his words mean nothing... I've been called worse... someone here even called me a Nazi once..
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
theia

Ban Mickiel

Post by theia »

Mickiel;1434704 wrote: Because I like expressing myself, but I don't have a need to be heard; but everywhere I post, people listen, they read it. So many read it, I have no need to look for readers, and no pride if its not read. If you care to notice, I only continue threads that are being read; I mean goodness, what would you do if one of your threads had 85,000 views, 65,000 views, 5,000 views? Would you just let the thing sit and rot in archives? Anne mentioned City-data website, I left there before they banned me, Administration asked me to come back in an e-mail because so many of my threads in Archive were still being read. I came back and brought out about 7 of them, loaded with views. The Atheist at that site were enraged and we fought a big battle that I lost, and I got put off the Religious section, not banned from the site. But I never posted anywheresle on that site, so it was in effect a type of ban. So I have seen this before. On Theologyweb.com I had all my threads locked in protest of the Christians there calling me names, they eventually combined 4 or 5 of my threads into a monster thread, we fought until I closed that one, and they put it in a section called " The Psyche Ward, an insult to me. I had threads there over 80,000 views, and the Christians hated that. But I have a right, and a like, to express myself.

I apologise about that page 1 thing, I was not aware of it, and I won't let that happen again.

Thank you for responding, Mickael. I was curious because whenever I post a thread I want people to reply...the number of views is not so important to me. I suppose I have a need in me to be acknowledged and, if I'm not, I feel unheard.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Mickiel

Ban Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

oscar;1434706 wrote: For an Insult to hit, the Insulter must mean something to you, hence my lack of outrage and another vital factor... I know a wanker when I see one... his words mean nothing... I've been called worse... someone here even called me a Nazi once..

The reason why I stopped communicating with him is because of how he spoke to someone on one of my threads, it was a vicious attack and slander, and I just was not going to stand for that, and that is what sent him on this recent warpath against me. That is why he so quickly joined Annes dream team, he was already upset and primed to attack and finish off his prey.

It reminds me of the old saying; bringing a knife to a gunfight; some people are just not prepared to finish the wars they start, because the cause was not just to begin with. There is no weapon to have when your wrong.
Mickiel

Ban Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

theia;1434710 wrote: Thank you for responding, Mickael. I was curious because whenever I post a thread I want people to reply...the number of views is not so important to me. I suppose I have a need in me to be acknowledged and, if I'm not, I feel unheard.

Well I can relate to that and used to be at that point, but when I started getting so many views a few years ago, it kind of has a way of making you not care so much about response. You care a bit, but not as much.
Oscar Namechange

Ban Mickiel

theia;1434710 wrote: I suppose I have a need in me to be acknowledged and, if I'm not, I feel unheard. Pardon ?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
AnneBoleyn

Ban Mickiel

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Mickiel;1434711 wrote:

It reminds me of the old saying; bringing a knife to a gunfight; some people are just not prepared to finish the wars they start, because the cause was not just to begin with. There is no weapon to have when your wrong.

It was not just to try to ban someone. It's not something I've ever done before. You just bring out the best in me, I suppose. It was however (Yawn) a response to you, a crashing, crushing, self-righteous bore who is boorish enough to constantly have the urgent need & desire to dominate, as for anyone else who witnesses your constant prattling, well even if you can't say the word, you have a FU attitude toward others. You're just insufferable.

As for being insulted & offended, being easily wounded; this is just a reflection of the anger & resentment you hold toward everyone else. For your own delicate sake, try therapy or Grow Up. This is a 58 year old man with the feelings of a 12 year old girl. IMO, of course.

By now you realize I just can't stand you, after all, this is *My Thread*.

You promise to keep a limit on yourself. Wonderful. Prove it.
theia

Ban Mickiel

Post by theia »

oscar;1434713 wrote: Pardon ?

Shurrup, you!! :wah:
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
jones jones

Ban Mickiel

Post by jones jones »

AnneBoleyn;1434717 wrote: It was not just to try to ban someone. It's not something I've ever done before. You just bring out the best in me, I suppose. It was however (Yawn) a response to you, a crashing, crushing, self-righteous bore who is boorish enough to constantly have the urgent need & desire to dominate, as for anyone else who witnesses your constant prattling, well even if you can't say the word, you have a FU attitude toward others. You're just insufferable.

As for being insulted & offended, being easily wounded; this is just a reflection of the anger & resentment you hold toward everyone else. For your own delicate sake, try therapy or Grow Up. This is a 58 year old man with the feelings of a 12 year old girl. IMO, of course.

Bravo Annie ... well said!! :yh_clap:yh_clap:yh_clap
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Snooz

Ban Mickiel

Post by Snooz »

Banned from ten other forums but its always someone else's fault. Alrighty then.
Mickiel

Ban Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

AnneBoleyn;1434717 wrote: It was not just to try to ban someone. It's not something I've ever done before. You just bring out the best in me, I suppose. It was however (Yawn) a response to you, a crashing, crushing, self-righteous bore who is boorish enough to constantly have the urgent need & desire to dominate, as for anyone else who witnesses your constant prattling, well even if you can't say the word, you have a FU attitude toward others. You're just insufferable.

Your continual insults reveal your heart;

I am a crushing, crashing self righteous bore

I have an FU attitude toward others

I am insufferable

easily wounded

angry and resenting

have the feelings of a 12 year old girl

You were right, it was not just you trying to get me banned, its you trying to belittle, insult me, degrade me and bash me BECAUSE you can't stand me. If you can't stand someone , that is not a reason to get them banned. You need a reason other than your hatred; if I could help give you a reason I would, but I can't. I am all these things you list in your consciousness, but I am not a person who needs to be banned. Your cause was fruitless, it had no merit other than your hate.

This may be your thread, but its about me. Its not your hatred that is getting the thread attention.
Oscar Namechange

Ban Mickiel

AnneBoleyn;1434717 wrote: It was however (Yawn) a response to you, a crashing, crushing, self-righteous bore who is boorish enough to constantly have the urgent need & desire to dominate, as for anyone else who witnesses your constant prattling, well even if you can't say the word, you have a FU attitude toward others. You're just insufferable.

There Is no need at all for this. He has said he's willing to compromise and he has been civil throughout. He has expressed the fact that It Is the personal Insults that he doesn't like and what do you do after he writes he will compromise? Insult him again.
AnneBoleyn

Ban Mickiel

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Sorry to disappoint. I don't Hate you; I just don't like you; and only because you have insisted on pushing your threads constantly in the forefront. That is my only real grievance, consider the rest just fillers.
AnneBoleyn

Ban Mickiel

Post by AnneBoleyn »

oscar;1434723 wrote: There Is no need at all for this. He has said he's willing to compromise and he has been civil throughout. He has expressed the fact that It Is the personal Insults that he doesn't like and what do you do after he writes he will compromise? Insult him again.

Usually, when someone here writes the word 'Insult', your name is almost always attached in some way. Just an observation. No judgment implied.
Mickiel

Ban Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

AnneBoleyn;1434724 wrote: Sorry to disappoint. I don't Hate you; I just don't like you; and only because you have insisted on pushing your threads constantly in the forefront. That is my only real grievance, consider the rest just fillers.

I am not disappointed, if this is true, then good for you; hatred for narrow reasons would spoil your spirit. I can understand your dislike, I often weigh heavy on the person who disagrees with me. I was not pushing my threads to some forefront, I was posting my threads in the religious section, having absolutely no idea they were appearing on that front page, but I have promised not to let that happen again, because I can understand the dislike it generated. That will be resolved in a couple of days of people posting. I am willing to help solve that problem;

but your problem with me; I cannot help you with that. I don't have the power to change a person who cannot stand me. But I hope you can get over that; its useless to feel like that toward another person you don't even really know. It will hurt you more than me.

Peace.
Oscar Namechange

Ban Mickiel

AnneBoleyn;1434725 wrote: Usually, when someone here writes the word 'Insult', your name is almost always attached in some way. Just an observation. No judgment implied.

Don't start sniping at me Anne. I have been Insulted In the past and I have Insulted others. And ??? That's life. If we are so bleedin sensitive, then what are we doing on forums?

I could understand If for eg like Snooze and Tabby you posted threads and after a heavy night In the religious section, your threads drop off the front page. I get that totally. Yet, with you, you don't post any new threads but are In fact complaining that some-one else has. It's a bit like not taking anything to your neighbours party and then complaining the food available Is s.hit.

Before you came here Anne, there was a serious gang mentality on this forum and It was rife and down right nasty. The mods were In here day and night. If you wern't In the right gang and didn't hate the people they wanted you to hate, you were ostracised.

We had a lovely member here who had a thread called ' Friends of Carolly' that ran for years. The jealousy was unbelievable and somewhere on my old PC, I still have the e mail I was sent by one of ' the gang' saying:

" She's just posted In Friends of Carolly, so I am going to bump all the quiz threads and get her off the front page". That member left FG because of the sheer nastiness and vindictiveness and I just don't ever want to see all that crap again.

I am sorry that I have been strong with you Anne but ' I ain't no-one's b.itch Innit' and won't gang up just to go with the flow.
AnneBoleyn

Ban Mickiel

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I'm sorry, oscar.....:yh_sad

Also, you are right, I don't post enough new threads......:yh_silent

I pray I get over my painful shyness.....:yh_pray :yh_blush
Oscar Namechange

Ban Mickiel

AnneBoleyn;1434729 wrote: I'm sorry, oscar.....:yh_sad

Also, you are right, I don't post enough new threads......:yh_silent

I pray I get over my painful shyness.....:yh_pray :yh_blush Done and dusted.... Mickiel Is compromising and we can move on.

Sorted

:-6:-6:-6
Mickiel

Ban Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

oscar;1434731 wrote: Done and dusted.... Mickiel Is compromising and we can move on.

Sorted

:-6:-6:-6

I support this! Lets move on.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Ban Mickiel

Post by Bryn Mawr »

You know it's sad - the fastest growing thread on the site for a long time and it's about banning a member who's broken no rules and has set out to offend nobody.

I would have thought it noticeable that I do not like banning members - I'm all for light moderation and banning is a tool of last resort. To ban a member for posting too many threads is unthinkable - if, as in the case of some of the more extreme conspiracy theorists, those threads go beyond the bounds of decency then that's one thing but just for posting too many threads? You must be joking!

For those of you who do not like seeing so many threads by one person on the front page then the answer is easy - get posting yourselves and start new threads to add to the mix (and before it is raised, JJ's case was different in that all of the threads were on exactly the same subject, one thread per photo' he wished to show).

Again, blocking the word games from the front page was an easy fix - it's a fluff section and no loss. Blocking all religious discussions from the front page is a totally different matter and a step I'm not prepared to take.

And whilst I'm at it, the use of personal insult, whether as a debating technique or as a way to make a point, is not acceptable and *is* against the ToS. Much as I dislike being heavy handed, if it does not stop then I will start infracting.
theia

Ban Mickiel

Post by theia »

It may be sad, Bryn, but FG has always been the same. And maybe it's the same in real life... I think that drama creates interest for a lot of people. I'm not sure why this is...maybe it's about moving away from the mundanity of routine. We have some dramatic management politics at work this week and we are all feeling more energised by what's going on.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Ban Mickiel

Post by Bryn Mawr »

theia;1434738 wrote: It may be sad, Bryn, but FG has always been the same. And maybe it's the same in real life... I think that drama creates interest for a lot of people. I'm not sure why this is...maybe it's about moving away from the mundanity of routine. We have some dramatic management politics at work this week and we are all feeling more energised by what's going on.

I know, just feeling rough today :-(

That it's predictable does not make it any more palatable.
AnneBoleyn

Ban Mickiel

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I do beg your pardon, Ms. Theia & Mr. Mawr, but it sounds as if you are speaking from Olympus. How's the weather up there?
Mickiel

Ban Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

Bryn Mawr;1434733 wrote: You know it's sad - the fastest growing thread on the site for a long time and it's about banning a member who's broken no rules and has set out to offend nobody.

Thank you for that Bryn, coming from you it means a lot.
Mickiel

Ban Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

AnneBoleyn;1434744 wrote: I do beg your pardon, Ms. Theia & Mr. Mawr, but it sounds as if you are speaking from Olympus. How's the weather up there?

Goodness, defiant until the end.
AnneBoleyn

Ban Mickiel

Post by AnneBoleyn »

My goodness gracious, lawdy lawdy! I knows nuthin' 'bout birthin' babies!
theia

Ban Mickiel

Post by theia »

AnneBoleyn;1434744 wrote: I do beg your pardon, Ms. Theia & Mr. Mawr, but it sounds as if you are speaking from Olympus. How's the weather up there?

I used the word "we" in my post. Did you not notice?
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Ban Mickiel

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Climb up here beside us and try it some time, it feels good and the viewpoint is amazing.
AnneBoleyn

Ban Mickiel

Post by AnneBoleyn »

theia;1434748 wrote: I used the word "we" in my post. Did you not notice?

I did not, & I thank you for bringing this to my attention, my lady Theia. (meant with sincere respect)
AnneBoleyn

Ban Mickiel

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Bryn Mawr;1434749 wrote: Climb up here beside us and try it some time, it feels good and the viewpoint is amazing.

I'm flattered at your kind invitation. So, from up there you see, as the Poet Chaucer said "this lytle spot of erte."

The one we make so much of.

I'm putting on my hiking boots as we speak.
Mickiel

Ban Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

AnneBoleyn;1434751 wrote: I'm flattered at your kind invitation. So, from up there you see, as the Poet Chaucer said "this lytle spot of erte."

The one we make so much of.

I'm putting on my hiking boots as we speak.

I am curious Anne, I, of all people, have a right to ask that this thread be closed; I have not and will not. You have a right to express yourself, even though I think you were wrong in trying to get me banned. You gave me this right since you became a member, what has changed?, was this " First page issue" really your motivation, or was it the motivation of " I can't stand you" that brought this on?

And if you don't mind, can I see a list of the reasons you can't stand me, without the name calling; just an honest evaluation that maybe I could learn something from all this?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I have fewer post on this site than anyone who has posted on this thread. And been here longer than most.
along-for-the-ride

Ban Mickiel

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I do not want to ban Mikiel.

May I step in and make a suggestion There is a place when Mikiel can post away and not dominated the front page:

ForumGarden Hotel

This is where you will find most of my posts, in AFTR's Daily Commute. Mikiel can chose a title for his "room" and if people are interested in his thoughts and topics, they can go there.

How is that? ;)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
AnneBoleyn

Ban Mickiel

Post by AnneBoleyn »

along-for-the-ride;1434776 wrote: I do not want to ban Mikiel.

Oh geez, I guess I don't either as long as he contains himself. Please for the Love of God. Then, in the words of Rodney King "we can all just get along"
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Ban Mickiel

Post by Bryn Mawr »

along-for-the-ride;1434776 wrote: I do not want to ban Mikiel.

May I step in and make a suggestion There is a place when Mikiel can post away and not dominated the front page:

ForumGarden Hotel

This is where you will find most of my posts, in AFTR's Daily Commute. Mikiel can chose a title for his "room" and if people are interested in his thoughts and topics, they can go there.

How is that? ;)

His posts are on Religion, why should they go in any section other than religion?

There are twenty threads shown on the front page at the moment and they cover a four day period. If we're only averaging five new threads a day is it any wonder that one person can dominate?

For interest the thread starters are :-

Oscar 6

Valarie 4

Tabby 3

Saint 3

Anne 2

Bruv 1

JJ 1

Am I then to ban Oscar for dominating the front page?
AnneBoleyn

Ban Mickiel

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Bryn Mawr;1434787 wrote:

"Out Out" says damned spot.
AnneBoleyn

Ban Mickiel

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I honestly can't help myself at this hour, I'm starting to get giddy.
AnneBoleyn

Ban Mickiel

Post by AnneBoleyn »

That's why, around this time, I beg you to take my leave.
AnneBoleyn

Ban Mickiel

Post by AnneBoleyn »

It's for your own good, I assure you fine ladies & gentlemen.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Ban Mickiel

Post by Bryn Mawr »

AnneBoleyn;1434790 wrote: "Out Out" says damned spot.

Talking of which I've not seen Spot round for a while - does anyone know if he's OK?
AnneBoleyn

Ban Mickiel

Post by AnneBoleyn »

That Tyr person was sneaking around today, don't you ever check "Who's Online"??
along-for-the-ride

Ban Mickiel

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Bryn Mawr;1434787 wrote: His posts are on Religion, why should they go in any section other than religion?

There are twenty threads shown on the front page at the moment and they cover a four day period. If we're only averaging five new threads a day is it any wonder that one person can dominate?

For interest the thread starters are :-

Oscar 6

Valarie 4

Tabby 3

Saint 3

Anne 2

Bruv 1

JJ 1

Of course not. I'm against banning anybody just because they are a frequent poster. I just offered a friendly Forum Garden alternative.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Ban Mickiel

Post by Bryn Mawr »

AnneBoleyn;1434797 wrote: That Tyr person was sneaking around today, don't you ever check "Who's Online"??

Tyr? Who's he?
YZGI

Ban Mickiel

Post by YZGI »

Bryn Mawr;1434803 wrote: Tyr? Who's he?

You're kidding right? Tyr is Spot's new screen name.
AnneBoleyn

Ban Mickiel

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I bid all and sundry adieu.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Ban Mickiel

Post by Bryn Mawr »

YZGI;1434805 wrote: You're kidding right? Tyr is Spot's new screen name.

Is this the guy you mean?

Attached files
Betty Boop

Ban Mickiel

Post by Betty Boop »

Bryn Mawr;1434808 wrote: Is this the guy you mean?

Oscar, if you ever see that Tyr wandering around Bristol you need to ask him where is his hand, point out that at his age he really should have a bigger loin cloth and point him in the direction of a barber!
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Ban Mickiel

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Betty Boop;1434822 wrote: Oscar, if you ever see that Tyr wandering around Bristol you need to ask him where is his hand, point out that at his age he really should have a bigger loin cloth and point him in the direction of a barber!

You've met him then :-)
Betty Boop

Ban Mickiel

Post by Betty Boop »

Bryn Mawr;1434825 wrote: You've met him then :-)

:wah:
fuzzywuzzy

Ban Mickiel

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Well

Nothing more............. just that really.
YZGI

Ban Mickiel

Post by YZGI »

Bryn Mawr;1434808 wrote: Is this the guy you mean?

First picture I've seen of him without his Burger King crown on.:yh_rotfl:sneaky::lips:
Oscar Namechange

Ban Mickiel

YZGI;1434913 wrote: First picture I've seen of him without his Burger King crown on.:yh_rotfl:sneaky::lips: It's the one I had made Into Flyers that I have been handing out around Bristol today with ' Have you seen this man ' on.

Return to “General Religious Discussions”