A fresh start ...

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
pinkchick

A fresh start ...

Post by pinkchick »

farmer giles;1252432 wrote: well done pink chick i forgot to post what i come on hear to post :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

i'm a moron :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

:yh_rotfl

No you're not ;)
Very nearly perfect ... :D
shelbell

A fresh start ...

Post by shelbell »

pinkchick;1252414 wrote: Thanks darlin :-4

I spoke to my tutor tonight and I have got to do 2 days a week. I've got to make some calls tomorrow :rolleyes:

I know you'll find someone that will appreciate you!! :-4
Clodhopper

A fresh start ...

Post by Clodhopper »

As someone rightly pointed out you have part of the placement requirement sorted out. This isn't failure, it's a start. One of the other places you have in mind may do you the full requirement, but if it turns out they can only offer you one morning between them - well, you achieve the course requirement, even if it's not ideal.

Might not be a bad thing to see a variety of different schools while you are training, either.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
pinkchick

A fresh start ...

Post by pinkchick »

Clodhopper;1253032 wrote: As someone rightly pointed out you have part of the placement requirement sorted out. This isn't failure, it's a start. One of the other places you have in mind may do you the full requirement, but if it turns out they can only offer you one morning between them - well, you achieve the course requirement, even if it's not ideal.

Might not be a bad thing to see a variety of different schools while you are training, either.

The problem is that the college won't let me split my time between 2 schools because it breaks continuity.

I'm hoping to hear from 2 other schools on Monday
Clodhopper

A fresh start ...

Post by Clodhopper »

The problem is that the college won't let me split my time between 2 schools because it breaks continuity.

Ah. Fancy another banana split?

pinkchick

A fresh start ...

Post by pinkchick »

Clodhopper;1253036 wrote: Ah. Fancy another banana split?

Yes please :D
Clodhopper

A fresh start ...

Post by Clodhopper »

It might be a bit squidgy when it arrives...:p

pinkchick

A fresh start ...

Post by pinkchick »

Clodhopper;1253039 wrote: It might be a bit squidgy when it arrives...:p

It'll be even squidgier when it gets to my tummy! :D:p
Clodhopper

A fresh start ...

Post by Clodhopper »

:wah:

Ok, to save you from too much squidginess, I promise I'll buy you a banana split at the next FG UK Meet.:-6

pinkchick

A fresh start ...

Post by pinkchick »

Clodhopper;1253042 wrote: :wah:

Ok, to save you from too much squidginess, I promise I'll buy you a banana split at the next FG UK Meet.:-6

Can I hold you to that? :)
Clodhopper

A fresh start ...

Post by Clodhopper »

Yep.:)

pinkchick

A fresh start ...

Post by pinkchick »

Thank you :-6
pinkchick

A fresh start ...

Post by pinkchick »

Hi everyone :)

A very quick update ... I can't believe where the months have gone. It feels like my life is just flying past me right now. My tutors are pushing us all to complete the course in 5 weeks rather than the end of June. The pressure is well and truly on. It's been a tough ride the whole way as some of you know but I wouldn't change it for all the tea in China. The kids I work with are fantastic. I want to pop them all in my pocket and bring them home :D I'm discovering patience that I didn't know I had and my art and craft skills are being tested to the limit. I'm having a fantastic time.

All I need to do now is pass the course and find a job. They are thin on the ground at the moment but once the new pupil intakes have been settled on, things might change. I want to stay at the school I'm in at the moment but there are no vacancies right now. All I can do is see what comes up :D

So .. that's it ... that's where I'm at. :)
G#Gill

A fresh start ...

Post by G#Gill »

Keep all your chins up Rosie ! :yh_rotfl Just keep on keeping on - you'll be OK, because you are so determined ! As for a job at the end, well we all know the difficulties, I wish you the very best of luck ! :yh_shamrk:yh_shamrk:yh_shamrk
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
pinkchick

A fresh start ...

Post by pinkchick »

G#Gill;1305873 wrote: Keep all your chins up Rosie ! :yh_rotfl Just keep on keeping on - you'll be OK, because you are so determined ! As for a job at the end, well we all know the difficulties, I wish you the very best of luck ! :yh_shamrk:yh_shamrk:yh_shamrk
Thank you Gill :-4
Imladris

A fresh start ...

Post by Imladris »

Lovely to hear that you are enjoying it - thought you would xx
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
pinkchick

A fresh start ...

Post by pinkchick »

Imladris;1305940 wrote: Lovely to hear that you are enjoying it - thought you would xx

Oh yup :-)

Lovely to see you Imms ... I hope you're well xx:-4
kazalala

A fresh start ...

Post by kazalala »

Wishing you lots of luck Rosie:):):-4

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Odie

A fresh start ...

Post by Odie »

You can do it all Rosie, you have determination.:guitarist

xoxox
Life is just to short for drama.
pinkchick

A fresh start ...

Post by pinkchick »

kazalala;1306349 wrote: Wishing you lots of luck Rosie:):):-4

Odie;1306399 wrote: You can do it all Rosie, you have determination.:guitarist

xoxox

Thank you ladies :-6:-4
Saint_

A fresh start ...

Post by Saint_ »

pinkchick;1305871 wrote: I'm discovering patience that I didn't know I had and my art and craft skills are being tested to the limit.

LOL. Welcome to the Profession, pink. You have the primary needed ingredient: Patience.

One of my Administrators once told me, "If there's anything a kid can say to you that would make you lose your cool, don't become a teacher, because sooner or later, they'll say it!"
pinkchick

A fresh start ...

Post by pinkchick »

Saint_;1306433 wrote: LOL. Welcome to the Profession, pink. You have the primary needed ingredient: Patience.

One of my Administrators once told me, "If there's anything a kid can say to you that would make you lose your cool, don't become a teacher, because sooner or later, they'll say it!"

Isn't that so very true? Kids are brilliant aren't they? :-6
along-for-the-ride

A fresh start ...

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I had to visit and check up on you. :-4 You seem happy from your words and I am happy for you. I think you have found your niche in life. Best of luck to you! :)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
pinkchick

A fresh start ...

Post by pinkchick »

along-for-the-ride;1306508 wrote: I had to visit and check up on you. :-4 You seem happy from your words and I am happy for you. I think you have found your niche in life. Best of luck to you! :)

That's very kind ... thank you x
mrsK

A fresh start ...

Post by mrsK »

pinkchick;1305871 wrote: Hi everyone :)

A very quick update ... I can't believe where the months have gone. It feels like my life is just flying past me right now. My tutors are pushing us all to complete the course in 5 weeks rather than the end of June. The pressure is well and truly on. It's been a tough ride the whole way as some of you know but I wouldn't change it for all the tea in China. The kids I work with are fantastic. I want to pop them all in my pocket and bring them home :D I'm discovering patience that I didn't know I had and my art and craft skills are being tested to the limit. I'm having a fantastic time.

All I need to do now is pass the course and find a job. They are thin on the ground at the moment but once the new pupil intakes have been settled on, things might change. I want to stay at the school I'm in at the moment but there are no vacancies right now. All I can do is see what comes up :D

So .. that's it ... that's where I'm at. :)

You will find work .

I am very happy for you:-4:-4
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
pinkchick

A fresh start ...

Post by pinkchick »

mrsK;1306844 wrote: You will find work .

I am very happy for you:-4:-4

I hope so darlin :-4
M.A.S

A fresh start ...

Post by M.A.S »

Good Luck :)
I miss you Odie
pinkchick

A fresh start ...

Post by pinkchick »

Another little update .....

The course finishes in 3 weeks. Where the heck has the time gone?

I am constantly applying for special needs classroom assistants posts at various schools. As yet no interviews but I must stay positive and hopeful. I figure if I apply for what's out there something will stick. There is a child out there that needs my help .... Right? :thinking:

Today one of the teachers I work with asked me to teach all her classes this coming Monday.... YAY!! :D:D

So .... I'm under pressure to finish up but all in all, things are good :)
Betty Boop

A fresh start ...

Post by Betty Boop »

pinkchick;1313389 wrote: Another little update .....

I am constantly applying for special needs classroom assistants posts at various schools. As yet no interviews but I must stay positive and hopeful. I figure if I apply for what's out there something will stick. There is a child out there that needs my help .... Right? :thinking:

Today one of the teachers I work with asked me to teach all her classes this coming Monday.... YAY!! :D:D

Time flies when you're having fun hey :thinking:

Well done you and keep applying hun, something will come up and you can add Monday's teaching experience to your CV :guitarist

You'll get finished and with flying colours, I have no doubt! :-6
pinkchick

A fresh start ...

Post by pinkchick »

Betty Boop;1313390 wrote: Time flies when you're having fun hey :thinking:

Well done you and keep applying hun, something will come up and you can add Monday's teaching experience to your CV :guitarist

You'll get finished and with flying colours, I have no doubt! :-6

Hope so darlin :-6:-4
Odie

A fresh start ...

Post by Odie »

pinkchick;1313389 wrote: Another little update .....

time has flown for you because you have been so busy and that's a good thing.

stay positive........your turn will come.

see, look what just happened today?

congrats!:guitarist
theezy

A fresh start ...

Post by theezy »

pinkchick;1223005 wrote: So ... here's the thing.

Tomorrow I am handing in my notice to a company that I have given 11 years of my life to. I've loved almost every minute of the time I've had there, but it's finally time to move on.

I'm going back to college in September to do a Teaching Assistants course. As some of you already know, I've been rattling on about this for months on end. I can hear you all heaving a huge sigh of relief that it's finally happening:wah:

For those of you who I've discussed this with on many,many occasions ... (I'm not gonna name names) thank you all so very much for giving me such fantastic advice and listening to my endless ramblings. I am truly thankful to all of you :-4

Although this scary, it feels like the right thing to do. :D:D

Do you have another source of income to support yourself while you dont have a job?
pinkchick

A fresh start ...

Post by pinkchick »

theezy;1313447 wrote: Do you have another source of income to support yourself while you dont have a job?

Savings :)
theezy

A fresh start ...

Post by theezy »

Well thats good. I know a few people who thought a career change would work in their favor and after the economy went bad they were laid off because they were low in seniority.. They kick themselves for leaving their previous job where they would have been safe and would still have a job today had they not done the career change.
pinkchick

A fresh start ...

Post by pinkchick »

It's the final push now to get all my assignments finished. Last class is June 22nd I am sooo tired. To top it all off .... I start a part time job on June 23rd!
Clodhopper

A fresh start ...

Post by Clodhopper »

Isn't Pinkchick just wonderful? That's a lot of work, and she's doing sooooo well.

Applause. Actually, standing ovation.

Saint_

A fresh start ...

Post by Saint_ »

No doubt about it, she's got what it takes to be a teacher: a desire to help, infinite patience...and the willingness to work a ridiculous amount of hours!:wah:
Clodhopper

A fresh start ...

Post by Clodhopper »

Willingness? Oh my. If you are remotely involved there aren't enough hours in the day. It's the joy and curse of the profession.

My concern with pinkchick is whether she can protect herself from the exhaustion.

(Oh, and Hi there! :))

pinkchick

A fresh start ...

Post by pinkchick »

Clodhopper;1314354 wrote: Isn't Pinkchick just wonderful? That's a lot of work, and she's doing sooooo well.

Applause. Actually, standing ovation.

Saint_;1314358 wrote: No doubt about it, she's got what it takes to be a teacher: a desire to help, infinite patience...and the willingness to work a ridiculous amount of hours!:wah:

Clodhopper;1314369 wrote: Willingness? Oh my. If you are remotely involved there aren't enough hours in the day. It's the joy and curse of the profession.

My concern with pinkchick is whether she can protect herself from the exhaustion.

(Oh, and Hi there! :))

Aaawww :-4 thanks for the vote of confidence guys ... that's so kind of you both.

It's been an emotional day today. I taught all my groups on my own today which was fantastic but oh so exhausting.

It's almost the end of term now and I'm really going to miss all my little ones.

My last class with special needs is this Friday ... I'll be at the school until the last day of term to help with various things but I just don't know if I'll be back in September. I know I can go back as a volunteer until something comes up so it's not all bad I suppose.
Odie

A fresh start ...

Post by Odie »

I'm so happy to hear you did fine on your own today, but then again, I knew you would, of course it would have been emotional, bless those kids they have you.:-4
pinkchick

A fresh start ...

Post by pinkchick »

Odie;1314405 wrote: I'm so happy to hear you did fine on your own today, but then again, I knew you would, of course it would have been emotional, bless those kids they have you.:-4

Thank you sweetie :-4
pinkchick

A fresh start ...

Post by pinkchick »

Good morning everyone :D Another little update ...

College finishes in about a week from now. It's quite exciting and nerve wrecking all at the same time. I'm working hard to get my final assignments completed. Burning the candle at both ends these days but it'll all be worth it.

I've been applying for jobs in various schools. Yesterday I got a letter from a local grammar school to have an interview next Wednesday ..... Eeekk!

It's a one to one post for a year 8 child.

Ontop of al that ... I'm starting a part time job on the 30th of this month. It's with a company I used to work for. It's only a temp post but at least it'll get me some money over the summer.

So that's it for now .... life is busy and full but it's all good :-6
Odie

A fresh start ...

Post by Odie »

pinkchick;1316449 wrote: Good morning everyone :D Another little update ...

College finishes in about a week from now. It's quite exciting and nerve wrecking all at the same time. I'm working hard to get my final assignments completed. Burning the candle at both ends these days but it'll all be worth it.

I've been applying for jobs in various schools. Yesterday I got a letter from a local grammar school to have an interview next Wednesday ..... Eeekk!

Ontop of al that ... I'm starting a part time job on the 30th of this month. It's with a company I used to work for. It's only a temp post but at least it'll get me some money over the summer.

Good luck my friend on your interview next week, you'll do fabulous as always.

just keep some time open this summer for things you love to do.
Betty Boop

A fresh start ...

Post by Betty Boop »

pinkchick;1316449 wrote: Good morning everyone :D Another little update ...

Good Luck with both the course and that job interview hun! You will make a fantastic one to one :-4:-6
pinkchick

A fresh start ...

Post by pinkchick »

Thank you for your support girls xx
Odie

A fresh start ...

Post by Odie »

pinkchick;1316711 wrote: Thank you for your support girls xx

always here for support babe.:-4
Dixie

A fresh start ...

Post by Dixie »

@Pinkchick, it sounds exciting! Hope it goes well with the interview.
Mariposa Traicionera

A fresh start ...

Post by Mariposa Traicionera »

Scary but exciting! Best of luck to you. :)
pinkchick

A fresh start ...

Post by pinkchick »

I had my interview this morning. I came out of it kicking myself because there were things I wanted to say but didn't!

I'll just have to wait and see what happens now.
Odie

A fresh start ...

Post by Odie »

pinkchick;1318261 wrote: I had my interview this morning. I came out of it kicking myself because there were things I wanted to say but didn't!

I'll just have to wait and see what happens now.

don't sweat the small stuff, you will have time.

Return to “Members' News”