Odie

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by Odie »

Merry Christmas AFTR!:-4

Life is just to short for drama.
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Let's go for a drive, shall we? I've got the heater on. Fasten your seat belt.:)

http:YouTube - Sleigh ride
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
pinkchick

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by pinkchick »

along-for-the-ride;1091044 wrote: Let's go for a drive, shall we? I've got the heater on. Fasten your seat belt.:)

http:YouTube - Sleigh ride

Any room for me??:)

Hi AFTR :D

Happy Christmas and thank you for posting in my room :-4:-4
Very nearly perfect ... :D
Cow Patty

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by Cow Patty »

Thanks for the Christmas Wishes you left in my room.

I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas
qsducks

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by qsducks »

Merry Christmas AFTR!
Chezzie

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by Chezzie »

Cow Patty

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by Cow Patty »

Merry Christmas
Carolly

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by Carolly »

:-4
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
Kathy Ellen

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Merry Christmas from my home to yours After:-4

along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

Did you ever go visit someone at home.........and feel unwelcome?

Today on Christmas, we went to one sister-in-laws home and had a nice visit. We ate dinner together, joked, chatted, and felt relaxed. Later, we went to another sister-in-laws home to visit with Hubby's mom (who lives there now) and wish everyone there a Merry Christmas. Hubby's mom was sweet and happy to see us. But, curt and stony responses from everyone else.. We were questioned by that sister-in-law about our whereabouts earlier. She tried to call us at home and we were not there. Then, it seemed like she was winding up for a tirade. Well, we left after 5 minutes. I heard her comment, "That's the thing to do...run." I paused for a moment, did not turn around, then I continued walking to our truck. Hubby flat out told her that he would never be back. (that was the one and only time we visited there......and you can see why)

We had not made any promises to 2nd sister-in-law to be at her home on Christmas at any particular time. We had not talked with 2nd sister-in-law since we had seen her in Hubby's mom's hospital room a few weeks ago.

Hubby has 5 sisters....no brothers. This 2nd sister-in-law has been alienating herself from her siblings by her bitterness and verbal cruelty. Why is she bitter? I dunno......it's a mystery to me. And why is Hubbys mom in HER care..........dunno that either. Makes me sad because MY family lives so far away.........and this is supposed to be my family here.

Other than that disastrous visit, we are having a nice Christmas.
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

Today, while driving to town, I passed a man riding a bicycle. He was barefoot and looked like he had a dark robe on. He had a couple packs tied to the back of his bicycle.

Was this Jesus ?
qsducks

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by qsducks »

along-for-the-ride;1094422 wrote: Today, while driving to town, I passed a man riding a bicycle. He was barefoot and looked like he had a dark robe on. He had a couple packs tied to the back of his bicycle.

Was this Jesus ?

He's been seen around the country AFTR. As for you SIL maybe the bike rider should take a ride over and "SHOCK' her:wah:
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

qsducks;1094468 wrote: He's been seen around the country AFTR. As for you SIL maybe the bike rider should take a ride over and "SHOCK' her:wah:

:wah: Very good, qsducks. I didn't see the connection there............but you are so right!:)
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

:wah: Maybe, we'll still be around in 2027. I hope so, and just as ornery. :wah:

Happy New Year!!
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

jimbo;1095176 wrote: yeah but for what year ... 2009 is pretty much wished up :wah::wah::wah:

:wah: I think 2009 needs all the good wishes it can get. Click on the penguins and watch them do a "happy dance".:)

Attached files
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

As I sit here, I've been reflecting on New Years Eves of the past. I remember, as a young single girl, riding with my date on icy roads past snow crowned buildings to a club or a friends home. We would dance and drink and laugh. And as a married woman, going with my ex-husband to parties. We would dance and drink and laugh. Noisy nights. Sometimes, I would have a hang-over the next day on New Years day. Not a pleasant experience..that. The New Years Eve after I separated from my ex, I was staying in a girlfriends spare bedroom. All I wanted to do was go to sleep, but there was a street dance going on outside, with loud speakers booming music and other people dancing and drinking and laughing. I think I finally cried myself to sleep. I truly expected to be alone for the rest of my life.

Well, now I enjoy New Years Eve at home with Hubby. Just relaxing. And counting my blessings. And hoping to have many more years with my Hubby.

Nothing better. :)
Chezzie

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by Chezzie »

Mustang

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by Mustang »

Happy New Year AFTR and the best to you and your hubby in 2009! :-6
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

Thanks, Chezzie, Jimbo, and Mustang! Happy New Year to ya'll too!!!:-6

It's still New Years Eve here. I just finished washing the supper dishes and am about to shut down the computer for the night. The couch and the space beside Hubby awaits. ;)

I'll be back tomorrow. :) See ya next year!:wah:
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

So the party (2008) is over. Anyone need a cure for the hangover? A new beginning (2009)..............will there be anything new.........anything good?

Will this year just be the "same ole same ole" out in the world? Kinda looks like it already. Don't go back to bed. Let's throw open the curtains and fix us a good strong cup of coffee. We've got work to do. :)

Attached files
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

The same wish to you both, Jimbo and Suzy!:-6:)

Today was Saturday, January 3rd and both Hubby and I had to work. After work, we went to the grocery store to pick up a few things before heading home. And there it was...............already.........a whole aisle devoted to Valentine's Day..........which is celebrated on February the 14th. Duh!

And we wonder why time seems to go so fast. :wah:
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

This morning, I woke up in the twilight zone. The alarm went off a 5:20...or what I thought was the usual 5:20 am. I switched it off, turned on the light, and fumbled for my slippers. I stopped to heat up some water on the way to the bathroom. When I got out of the bathroom, I brushed me teeth as usual and went into the livingroom. Hubby was standing there squinting at the wall clock in the livingroom. I looked at it and then went to look at the clock in the kitchen. "What the..............do they say 4:25?" Yeah................they said, "4:25". Hubby went back to bed to catch another hour sleep. When I'm up........I'm up. So I sat on the sofa sipping my coffee and watching the morning news on TV until it was the real time to get ready for work.

I don't know how it happened.:confused: I usually check the clock every night before bed to make sure the alarm is set. I will double check tonight. ;)

Well.............do you think it is better to wake up an hour earlier than an hour later?
qsducks

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by qsducks »

I'm like that too AFTR...once I'm up that's it. Will take a nap later in the day when that tired feeling catches up with me.

Hope you had a great new years. Me & Quin fell asleep before the midnight.:wah:
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

Good morning, qsducks and Jimbo! I got to go back to bed for awhile after I get Hubby off to work. (My day off);) It's nice to catch some extra ZZZZZZZ's for a change and wake up at daylight.

My job is working in the Personnel Dept at a poultry plant. On my time off, when I'm out and about, I sometimes run into employees from the plant. I always say "hey!' to them. I don't always remember their names, but they smile and say "hey" or "hola" or "wasss happnin?" back to me. :)
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

Have you ever been on the receiving end of the dreaded "silent treatment" from you significant other? Or are you the one who uses the "silent treatment"?

Some would say, instead of ranting and raving and generally making a fool out of yourself, you use the quiet, interspective approach to a problem. And after a miserable period of time for both people involved........things go back to normal. Then the problem can be talked about rationally and perhaps even be solved.

;)
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

Baby, it's cold outside. The temperature will get down to 29 degrees tonight., breaking a 20 year record for this region in Georgia.

Well, it is January and it is Winter.

I've been in colder winters than this......as a child in Chicago. Deep snow, biting winds, slippery ice.............sigh......those were the good ole days. :wah:

Attached files
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

It's seems that, in this new milleniun, the new hot catch word is "extreme".

How many times do you hear the word on TV and the radio? It's supposed to describe something that is far from ordinary and average.

For example;

Extreme make-over

Extreme wealth

Extreme poverty

Extreme cruelty

Extreme sports

Extreme weather

Extreme violence

Is this a commentary on our times or an exaggeration of conditions that have already existed for years?

Attached files
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

What is the difference between Real Life and Forum Garden?

Forum Garden: :):guitarist:driving::yh_party:yh_clap:yh_hugs

Real Life: We actually get to smile, play guitar, drive a car, party, clap our hands, and hug somebody.

Got any more difference? :wah:
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

Are you a victim of "thought journeys"? I am, sometimes.

My example: A few weeks ago I had heard that a love letter written by the late Edith Piaf was found. It was a passionate letter to one of her lovers. Well, who was Edith Piaf? I had to find out. So I googled her name and images of her. I saw her photos and read her biography. I also read that there was a movie made on her life called, "La Vie En Rose" so I found that and watched it. One of the songs that she sung brought back memories as I remember hearing it on the radio when I was a child, a song about having no regrets, sung in French.

"Thought journeys" are a wonderful experience you can take right in front of your computer. Each step is a learning process. How can you be bored with so many people and places and moments in history to discover?

The internet.................an amazing discovery. ;)
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

Yesterday, we received our W-2 forms from work, so as soon as we got home , I did our taxes on the internet with Turbotax. I've been doing this for the last few years and I use the simple forms. The cost was around $49.00. We will get a refund this year from state and federal.............and we will use the refunds to pay bills. :) We opted for regular mail return. We can wait a few weeks for our money. I'm glad to get the tax preparation job over with and am also glad that we will get refunds this year rather than paying. Some years we broke even; got a refund from one and had to pay the other. :wah: Hubby mailed the signed and completed forms this morning on his way to work.

Anyone else "done with it"? :)
qsducks

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by qsducks »

along-for-the-ride;1123035 wrote: Yesterday, we received our W-2 forms from work, so as soon as we got home , I did our taxes on the internet with Turbotax. I've been doing this for the last few years and I use the simple forms. The cost was around $49.00. We will get a refund this year from state and federal.............and we will use the refunds to pay bills. :) We opted for regular mail return. We can wait a few weeks for our money. I'm glad to get the tax preparation job over with and am also glad that we will get refunds this year rather than paying. Some years we broke even; got a refund from one and had to pay the other. :wah: Hubby mailed the signed and completed forms this morning on his way to work.

Anyone else "done with it"? :)

I wish we were done with it. Hubs has his own company and his brother does the taxes for us. We just got our refund & stimulus checks in October!:-5
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

Thank you for your response, qsducks. :)

Tax time.......what a drag. :wah: Working in the Personnel office as I do, I've been getting phone calls all day long asking, "When are the W-2's being sent?" (This from former employees.) Then, they want to check and see if the address they left us with is current. Talk about "last-minute." We do get alot of W-2's sent back to us stamped "undeliverable" by the post office. So then the calls keep coming in for the next few months................we have to update addresses and re-mail the forms. This is an annual event in Personnel. But we endure. :wah:

The other constant phone-callers we get ask, "Are we hiring?" We are, but not as much as before. We tell them the days and times we accept applications, Sometimes we have to give directions to our company, what we do at our company, what shifts we have, what is the starting pay, what documentation they need to bring, etc. I hope these folks do find a job, if not at our company, then, somewhere else.

I am trully thankful that Hubby and I still have a job.
qsducks

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by qsducks »

Yes you are lucky AFTR. All you ever hear about anymore is companies shedding their employees. Must be awful. I did see somewhere that hubs job was recession proof...um, yeah right. They will get slow probs this month unless it stays very cold. Things won't pick up until May when a/c's need fixing, updating, etc.
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

See Oscars, "If it came to a fight" thread.......................

So I'm driving down the road with some British and Irish and Scottish and Aussie Forum Garden buddies in the back seat, where do I take them? Remember, we are in America.

A. Take them to my house to meet my Hubby and hang out.

B. Take them to a redneck bar out in the country and leave them there.

C. Just go sightseeing and point out the places that make America, well, America.

D. You choose. :D
Odie

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by Odie »

along-for-the-ride;1124195 wrote: Thank you for your response, qsducks. :)

Tax time.......what a drag. :wah: Working in the Personnel office as I do, I've been getting phone calls all day long asking, "When are the W-2's being sent?" (This from former employees.) Then, they want to check and see if the address they left us with is current. Talk about "last-minute." We do get alot of W-2's sent back to us stamped "undeliverable" by the post office. So then the calls keep coming in for the next few months................we have to update addresses and re-mail the forms. This is an annual event in Personnel. But we endure. :wah:

The other constant phone-callers we get ask, "Are we hiring?" We are, but not as much as before. We tell them the days and times we accept applications, Sometimes we have to give directions to our company, what we do at our company, what shifts we have, what is the starting pay, what documentation they need to bring, etc. I hope these folks do find a job, if not at our company, then, somewhere else.

I am trully thankful that Hubby and I still have a job.

yes, were is my T4 slip?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

Were you employed in the US last year, Odie? :wah:

Whew.............had a close call awhile ago. I'm here on the net as usual and go to Forum Garden website and saw the dreaded sign-iin boxes. Sign-in? I never sign-out. :-3 I must have accidently signed out yesterday. It is a good thing that I write down my passwords in a little book here at my desk or I would not have been able to return here.

I also have to renew my paid subscription soon. Don't let me forget. :)
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

It's magic!:wah:

This morning I came to the Forum Garden and noticed right away that my subscription had indeed expired, so I took care of it right away. Then I came back to the Forum Garden website and "voila!" I'm green again.

I do appreciate the speedy service. :)

Attached files
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

Sad news this evening. Hubby went with his older sister to be at the bedside of his mother, who is dying. She is in a coma now and may not make it through the night. Even though I am his wife and therefore, famly, I thought this should be a private time among the siblings and their mother. My mother-in-law had been ill for quite some time and we both would visit her and spend some time with with her as I have mentioned in previous posts.

So, as I sit here and type these words, my heart is at the bedside of the woman who gave birth to the man I love so much. I thank her and I will miss her. My own mother passed away several years ago after a long illness. I still miss her.

I will be here for my Hubby.
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

Hubby came home late last night. His mother's kidney's have shut down and she is on morphine. She is still comatose and hanging in there as I type this. But, the hospice nurse admitted that she does not have too much time left.

We are now in preparation for the impending funeral. Hubby and I went to the store late this morning so he could get larger dress pants, dress shirt as the ones he has are too small on him now. He also had to get a pair of new dress shoes.

Expectation does not make it any easier when the time comes. The memories and the feeling of loss will still be there.
Mustang

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by Mustang »

I am so sorry AFTR. My thought and prayers are with you and your family.
qsducks

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by qsducks »

along-for-the-ride;1109516 wrote: Have you ever been on the receiving end of the dreaded "silent treatment" from you significant other? Or are you the one who uses the "silent treatment"?

Some would say, instead of ranting and raving and generally making a fool out of yourself, you use the quiet, interspective approach to a problem. And after a miserable period of time for both people involved........things go back to normal. Then the problem can be talked about rationally and perhaps even be solved.

;)

Yes, hubs does the silent treatment & I do the freaking out. I want it resolved asap or else.:sneaky:
along-for-the-ride

AFTR's Daily Commute

Thanks for the replies, my friends.

Hubby and I went to be with her awhile late yesterday afternoon. She looks like she is in a deep sleep. Her eyes ofcourse are closed, but the hospise nurse observed that her eyes are fixed now. We as her family talk to her and around her whether she can hear us or not. She is at home surrounded by her family and that's the important thing. When the time does come, it is a good way to go.

What do you think? Do people in a coma really hear you or is this something doctors and nurses tell a family to comfort them?
qsducks

AFTR's Daily Commute

Post by qsducks »

along-for-the-ride;1131136 wrote: Thanks for the replies, my friends.

Hubby and I went to be with her awhile late yesterday afternoon. She looks like she is in a deep sleep. Her eyes ofcourse are closed, but the hospise nurse observed that her eyes are fixed now. We as her family talk to her and around her whether she can hear us or not. She is at home surrounded by her family and that's the important thing. When the time does come, it is a good way to go.

What do you think? Do people in a coma really hear you or is this something doctors and nurses tell a family to comfort them?

I don't know if they hear you or not but I'm sure it is a comforting thing to do. Your MIL knows she is surrounded by lots of love and that is the important thing.

Return to “ForumGarden Hotel”