2008 Beijing Olympics

Discuss all types of sports.
G-man

2008 Beijing Olympics

Post by G-man »

Go USA!!! :D

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

K.Snyder

2008 Beijing Olympics

Post by K.Snyder »

G-man;961448 wrote: Go USA!!! :D

They look more determined than any USA basketball team I've ever seen...

Thankfully we've submitted our best players this time around...
Bez

2008 Beijing Olympics

Post by Bez »

Olympic 'handover' ceremony today.....bit of a party in London and Michael Phelps IS there. .....heard him being interviewed on the radio and he seems a really genuine guy.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
spot

2008 Beijing Olympics

Post by spot »

That's that then. Absolutely wonderful and all the smog talk came to nothing."We have come to the end of 16 days which we will cherish forever," said Rogge. "New stars were born and stars from previous Games continued to amaze us. We shared their joys and their tears and marvelled at their abilities, and will long remember their achievements here."

The British flag was raised and "God Save the Queen" sung by the choir, before Johnson was handed the Olympic flag

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics/7578133.stm

Thank you China, you amazed everyone and set a new standard.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
K.Snyder

2008 Beijing Olympics

Post by K.Snyder »

I sadly didn't get to see as many events as I'd hoped...

It is sort of tough to watch the Olympics when the country hosting it is 12 hours on the opposite side of the globe...I'll definitely make the extra effort in watching those events I'd missed on video...

The Olympics seemed to go relatively well with the exception of a very few instances but most assuredly not limited to the the Beijing Olympics 2008...

Congratulations to all to whom's competed...You're all winners.
chonsigirl

2008 Beijing Olympics

Post by chonsigirl »

It was a wonderful Olympics, and China was an excellent host nation.
spot

2008 Beijing Olympics

Post by spot »

Carla, we want a photo of the gold medal round your niece's neck sometime, you'll be ecstatic about that for a long while.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bez

2008 Beijing Olympics

Post by Bez »

spot;961990 wrote: That's that then. Absolutely wonderful and all the smog talk came to nothing.

"We have come to the end of 16 days which we will cherish forever," said Rogge. "New stars were born and stars from previous Games continued to amaze us. We shared their joys and their tears and marvelled at their abilities, and will long remember their achievements here."

The British flag was raised and "God Save the Queen" sung by the choir, before Johnson was handed the Olympic flag

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics/7578133.stm

Thank you China, you amazed everyone and set a new standard.

It WAS a wonderful 16 days......looking forward to the London Olympics in 2012 .

Spot, I loved the choir's version of 'God Save the Queen. I hope we hear this version more often.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
CARLA

2008 Beijing Olympics

Post by CARLA »

I have the group shot of the team with their gold medals on. :D My niece is in the top row second from the left. :-4

Attached files
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

K.Snyder

2008 Beijing Olympics

Post by K.Snyder »

CARLA;962518 wrote: I have the group shot of the team with their gold medals on. :D My niece is in the top row second from the left. :-4

I think what Spot was meaning sort of maybe with you in it or at least on a personal bases...
spot

2008 Beijing Olympics

Post by spot »

Oh Boris!

It's impossible not to like the chap.

"I have every confidence that when people come to London in 2012 they're going to find a city that is very different from 1908".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7580165.stm

Not many politicians come up to his standard.
CARLA

2008 Beijing Olympics

Post by CARLA »

I'm already planning on being there if my Niece is on the team again which by all indications the youngs player are now the future of the Women's US Soccer team. :D This time I have 4 years to plan, instead of 4 months.

[QUOTE]"I have every confidence that when people come to London in 2012 they're going to find a city that is very different from 1908".[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Snidely Whiplash

2008 Beijing Olympics

Post by Snidely Whiplash »

Didn't those Chinese gymnasts look a tad on the young side too...? :-2

I think maybe the age regulations they have isn't really to limit any country from out performing any other country, but to protect the atheletes from physycal harm... Maybe I'm wrong, but that seems the most logical reason...?

Odie

2008 Beijing Olympics

Post by Odie »

our Olympians are now safe at home.;)
Life is just to short for drama.
K.Snyder

2008 Beijing Olympics

Post by K.Snyder »

Snidely Whiplash;965030 wrote: Didn't those Chinese gymnasts look a tad on the young side too...? :-2

I think maybe the age regulations they have isn't really to limit any country from out performing any other country, but to protect the atheletes from physycal harm... Maybe I'm wrong, but that seems the most logical reason...?

The logic being limiting the years of practice trading the ability to coach with experience...

Return to “Wide World of Sports”