President Bush Speaks to UN

Discuss the latest political news.
spot

Post by spot »

zinkyusa wrote: What does that have to do with any of my points? Are you trying to equate Bush to Hitler? Sadam Hussein's Iraq or Theocratic/Autocratic Iran to Poland or France in 1939? Bit of a reach I'd say..There's an aspect of superiority that rings warning bells, if nothing else. An over-readiness to exchange lives for perceived national advantage. The Gestapo springs to mind whenever I read about Homeland Security and the emphatic demand on citizens to report on their neighbours - the Stasi, in more recent years, fits that bill as well. Oh, and burning the Reichstag themselves in order to generate a climate of fear within their own borders and consolidate power.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
zinkyusa

Post by zinkyusa »

spot wrote: There's an aspect of superiority that rings warning bells, if nothing else. An over-readiness to exchange lives for perceived national advantage. The Gestapo springs to mind whenever I read about Homeland Security and the emphatic demand on citizens to report on their neighbours - the Stasi, in more recent years, fits that bill as well. Oh, and burning the Reichstag themselves in order to generate a climate of fear within their own borders and consolidate power?

I absolutley agree with you..There is a difference between vigilance and spying on your neigbors becuase you don't care for them. We are not there, but it is a warning to take to heart.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

zinkyusa wrote:

US economy in decline? I wouldn't bet anything important on that premise if I were you..

Hmm. You don't work in the financial sector do you!

Whilst the US ecconomy has been running an ever increasing deficit ($68 Billion in July (the last declared month) and rising) in the last three months it has turned a corner and, for the first time ever, the nett "big picture" figure for the American ecconomy has turned negative. Taking into account all financial movements US interests worldwide declined by an average of $6 Billion / month.

Mr Macawber had his sums right and if I were a betting man I just might take you up on that bet.

I wouldn't worry though - the UK's been selling the family silver for years.
zinkyusa

Post by zinkyusa »

Bryn Mawr wrote: Hmm. You don't work in the financial sector do you!

Whilst the US ecconomy has been running an ever increasing deficit ($68 Billion in July (the last declared month) and rising) in the last three months it has turned a corner and, for the first time ever, the nett "big picture" figure for the American ecconomy has turned negative. Taking into account all financial movements US interests worldwide declined by an average of $6 Billion / month.

Mr Macawber had his sums right and if I were a betting man I just might take you up on that bet.

I wouldn't worry though - the UK's been selling the family silver for years.

Just a cycle Bryn thanks to Dubya's little adventure...We'll be back soon enough.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
koan

Post by koan »

I can't figure out how the US has enough money left to build this fence they're talking about.

I'm not against it. They say good fences make good neighbours.
Saffron

Post by Saffron »

Did anybody see Clinton on t.v.? I saw a news clip with him getting really angry in an interview, when he was asked why he didn't go after Bin LAden. It was great. And I saw him on CNN Saturday afternoon.:D
Your Kitty Forum

My Website
koan

Post by koan »

Saffron wrote: Did anybody see Clinton on t.v.? I saw a news clip with him getting really angry in an interview, when he was asked why he didn't go after Bin LAden. It was great. And I saw him on CNN Saturday afternoon.:D

There are clips from it on youtube. I watched it last night. He said a few funnies about the Fox network too.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

zinkyusa wrote: Just a cycle Bryn thanks to Dubya's little adventure...We'll be back soon enough.

Let us hope so - the alternative is too grim to think about.

Return to “Current Political Events”