i can make you thin

chocoholic

i can make you thin

Post by chocoholic »

buttercup and Rapunzel, no cheerleaders for you today but a picture to encourage you to continue with your good efforts, you are both keeping positive and doing so well.

Harls, you can do this as well, we will all help you, look at the wonderful example that buttercup and Rapunzel are showing.

Go girls, will check with you again tomorrow.
cherandbuster

i can make you thin

Post by cherandbuster »

GOOD LUCK MY FRIENDS!!
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

buttercup

i can make you thin

Post by buttercup »

rapunzel & bunny cheerleaders :-4

today has been quite difficult with the mirror image again *sigh* & feel as if ive put on weight even tho i am following the plan, i suppose its because ive never actually spent any time looking at myself & im now being made to do it every day

decided to dress all in black too look slimer but that hasent worked, couldent wear heels today as i had to work but will put them on after my walk as that does actually help, desperately want to weigh myself but plan says not too until the end of the second week

its like i have this little gremlin sitting on my shoulder constantly saying negative things to me, im going out for my walk now, im seeing that as poking him in the eye :D
cherandbuster

i can make you thin

Post by cherandbuster »

buttercup wrote: its like i have this little gremlin sitting on my shoulder constantly saying negative things to me, im going out for my walk now, im seeing that as poking him in the eye :D

Good job BCup

Kick it in the ASS!!! :cool:
Live Life with

PASSION

chonsigirl

i can make you thin

Post by chonsigirl »

Yeah, ignore the gremlin-and only wear black if you want to! You are beautiful already, and should wear anything you want to, it is summer and hot!

Can you just forget the mirror image until the time is up?

You can do it, buttercup and rapunzel!
cherandbuster

i can make you thin

Post by cherandbuster »

Chonsi

We should all be lucky enough to put you in a bottle

and let you out when we're depressed

You would work wonders:-4
Live Life with

PASSION

Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

i can make you thin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

buttercup wrote: rapunzel & bunny cheerleaders :-4

today has been quite difficult with the mirror image again *sigh* & feel as if ive put on weight even tho i am following the plan, i suppose its because ive never actually spent any time looking at myself & im now being made to do it every day

I think that your reaction is just an indication, not that you're putting on weight, but that you are accepting yourself as you are rather than keeping a false self image (as everybody does).

Once you accept youself as yourself then you can begin to change.

It's difficult for everybody to come out from behind their self image but you *are* managing to do so and that shows your strength.

This is the hardest part but you'll soon be through it and then you're home and dry (or out enjoying yourself as the case may be).

Attagal :)
buttercup

i can make you thin

Post by buttercup »

chonsi - cant forget about the mirror image as its part of the daily checklist

bryn - you just hit the nail on the head, thank you :-6

andy came on my walk tonight, he's happy to come with me every night if i want him to, i think he's a bit scared, you know how it is, men can never win with women when it comes to weight, he offers me a glass of water everytime he makes coffee but always has that look on his face of "am i doing the right thing"

you see he loves me how i am & i suppose he's thinking "i dont want to push her or for her to feel bad if she gives up & probably a whole lot of other things"

i hadent realised until today that the plan will affect him as well, it must be hard for him to see me on the down days & know the right thing to say when he thinks i look great, he just doesent seem to see me overweight
cherandbuster

i can make you thin

Post by cherandbuster »

BCup

If you don't marry him

I will;) :-4
Live Life with

PASSION

Betty Boop

i can make you thin

Post by Betty Boop »

Butter did you watch that programme thats just been on channel four?
buttercup

i can make you thin

Post by buttercup »

awwww i'll tell him you said that cher, but im not showing him your pic, pretty lil thing that you are :D
buttercup

i can make you thin

Post by buttercup »

Betty Boop wrote: Butter did you watch that programme thats just been on channel four?

no, is it about this plan?
Betty Boop

i can make you thin

Post by Betty Boop »

buttercup wrote: no, is it about this plan?

no, it was about loving your body naked, the lady featured tonight had become fixated with her 'big bum', they have different people on each week, but the whole point of this is self esteem and accepting yourself the way you are isn't it??

Andy loves you the way you are, Yes??

Do you love you the way you are??
cherandbuster

i can make you thin

Post by cherandbuster »

Hi BSquared :-6

Self-love is indeed a journey, isn't it?
Live Life with

PASSION

Betty Boop

i can make you thin

Post by Betty Boop »

cherandbuster wrote: Hi BSquared :-6

Self-love is indeed a journey, isn't it?

I can't get over that nickname!! :wah:

It is a very long and hard journey, I hate my thighs and I'm a British size ten, but I have days where I feel my thighs are huge and nothing anyone tells me is going to convince me otherwise! :rolleyes:
buttercup

i can make you thin

Post by buttercup »

well yes & no betty, the whole point of it is to lose weight just not through a diet, its about reprogramming my relationship with food

yes andy loves me how i am, no i dont, im doing this for my health as much as anything else, i dont want to continue on this unhealthy path & therefore i have no intentions of accepting myself naked how i am at present

as far as self esteem goes yes i am feeling a bit down just now but you cant make an omelette without cracking a few eggs can you?

i AM committed & i WILL see this through :-6
buttercup

i can make you thin

Post by buttercup »

Betty Boop wrote: I can't get over that nickname!! :wah:

It is a very long and hard journey, I hate my thighs and I'm a British size ten, but I have days where I feel my thighs are huge and nothing anyone tells me is going to convince me otherwise! :rolleyes:

betty im a 16/18 its a whole lot different from being a 10 hun
Betty Boop

i can make you thin

Post by Betty Boop »

buttercup wrote: betty im a 16/18 its a whole lot different from being a 10 hun

When I said I was a size 10, what was your honest gut reaction?

I still think you need to love 'you' now, after you loose weight you will no doubt fix on another area of your body you don't like. I'm not sure I'm making sense here! I just think self esteem is needed, the looking in the mirror is what thats all about, I don't know how to help you take a good long hard look and love what you see, instead of looking at what you don't like fix on what you do, have you got good shoulders, arms, calves, pick the good bits and keep looking at those then the rest blends in and you just accept it.

I have been a Size 14, just verging into a 16 in my early twenties. In my late twenties and early thirties it took me a long time to get back to my normal weight after having my son, just in time for me to get pregnant again with my daughter!
buttercup

i can make you thin

Post by buttercup »

quote betty - When I said I was a size 10, what was your honest gut reaction?

answer - i dont need to be that thin (i'd be happy at 12/14)

but i do know what you mean regarding me betty its all very complex tho, my self esteem is good in that i think of myself as a good person but my weight does matter, if i love my body at this size i will not want to change it & that is no good for my health

what i have to do is look in the mirror, accept it whilst sending love to myself at this size knowing i am going to be a different size, am i making sense? paul mckenna explains it so much better than me

anyway i think my main point is please dont worry about my self esteem, its going to be low on many days & thats to be expected, this plan is a challenge & will have highs & lows, it wouldent be a challenge if it dident

wanders off to get her high heels on & feel fabulously sexy :D
buttercup

i can make you thin

Post by buttercup »

day 10

quote paul - nothing is off limits to you - if you really want to say no to something say it to the purveyors of sugar-free low-carb cardboard tasting crap

you gotta love this man !!

today is off to a fantastic start, im full of energy, had my first pint of water & enjoyed it & off out for my walk after updating here & the journal success checklist

the sad feelings on my walks about pupster are slowly being replaced with happy one's of her chasing rabbits (dont worry chonsi she never caught any) & her swimming in the river, obviously i wish she was still with me but i think somewhere over the rainbow bridge she's thinking 'go mum, you can do it'
Betty Boop

i can make you thin

Post by Betty Boop »

buttercup wrote: quote betty - When I said I was a size 10, what was your honest gut reaction?

answer - i dont need to be that thin (i'd be happy at 12/14)

but i do know what you mean regarding me betty its all very complex tho, my self esteem is good in that i think of myself as a good person but my weight does matter, if i love my body at this size i will not want to change it & that is no good for my health

what i have to do is look in the mirror, accept it whilst sending love to myself at this size knowing i am going to be a different size, am i making sense? paul mckenna explains it so much better than me

anyway i think my main point is please dont worry about my self esteem, its going to be low on many days & thats to be expected, this plan is a challenge & will have highs & lows, it wouldent be a challenge if it dident

wanders off to get her high heels on & feel fabulously sexy :D

Thank god stillettos are back in fashion huh! :wah: You did make sense then, I get it now!

My freinds envy my figure, but I envy their skin, I would give anything to have a clear complexion, things are better because my problems are allergy related and I'm getting better at avoiding the triggers.
chonsigirl

i can make you thin

Post by chonsigirl »

Sounds like a good day already, buttercup! I think getting over drinking all the water is over-that is so good for you, I am bad at that. You are doing great!
cherandbuster

i can make you thin

Post by cherandbuster »

BCup

It seems like you are in the 'zone' -- I'm so happy for you :)

Nothing can stop you now, my friend! :-6
Live Life with

PASSION

chocoholic

i can make you thin

Post by chocoholic »

Buttercup, sounds like your day went really well, glad to hear you are still going strong.

Rapunzel, how are you doing?, let us know won't you.

See you tomorrow girls! Be strong!:D
valerie

i can make you thin

Post by valerie »

Butter, I just wanted to say that I do know how you feel about your

dear puppers.

I've had to walk without my dear girl for 3 years now (since her

surgery) and I do miss having her by my side sooooo much. But I

think they really DO want us to be healthy, even if they can't be

right there to help.

Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

buttercup

i can make you thin

Post by buttercup »

day 11

definately starting to see subtle improvements in many areas, im hearing bits in the cd i never noticed before eg he's talking to you from the right & left speaker saying different things in each, your so relaxed by the time he does this you hardly even notice, im noticing what he's saying in that part now, im having no problems with the water, in fact i WANT to drink the water & im leaving food on my plate, that really shoked me yesterday as im one of those kids brought up to believe you clear your plate (starving kids in africa & all that) paul mckenna says 'how does you being fat help starving kids in africa)

ive got to be honest im not convinced ive lost any weight yet but he does state quite firmly in the book that everyone feels that way in the first couple of weeks, so i'll push on & we'll find out at the end of this week, im still not crazy about the mirror image (probably as i cant see any weight loss) but im definately more accepting of it than i was

i dont seem to have any success with these ticker things, note to self - ask tmbsgrl about that

rapunzel - check in hun, how are you doing?

cheerleaders - what can i say, your with me every day, it means so much, helps keep me positive & pushes me on :-4
Tigerlily

i can make you thin

Post by Tigerlily »

There was an article on UK telly this morning where a doctor has the theory that the more you sleep the less likely you are to become fat. If a baby sleeps 10 hours a day or more it's less likely to obese in later life. Something to do with an 'awake' hormone triggering a 'hungry' hormone.

Because we are less physically active when we are awake we need less sleep., which is why there is a general problem with obesity.

Seemed to me that it was just that if you were asleep you have less opportunity to eat. The more I try to relate what he says the more it sounds like simple common sense......The doctor had a fab Italian accent, which probably lulled me into thinking he was making some sort of revelation.
chonsigirl

i can make you thin

Post by chonsigirl »

That is interesting, TigerLily!

Buttercup and Rapunzel, you are doing great!:)
cherandbuster

i can make you thin

Post by cherandbuster »

Good points, Tigerlily.

Day 11!

Where has the time gone?

If I was behind the mirror, BCup, I'd be shouting back lots of encouragement, enthusiasm and complements to you :-4
Live Life with

PASSION

chocoholic

i can make you thin

Post by chocoholic »

buttercup and Rapunzel, just checking in to see how you are doing today.

buttercup, you are getting so much from your cd, you really sound as if you are finding helpful and positive things there for you.

Rapunzel, how are you finding things, please check in and let us know how you are managing.

Keep on with your positive attitudes girls.

Will check with you again tomorrow.
buttercup

i can make you thin

Post by buttercup »

day 12

tune into your body - be aware of your bodys signals :-2

my body is sore all over, especially my feet :rolleyes:

thursday is late night in the salon & by the end of friday's shift i practically crawl in the door, send me energy vibes gang to make it through the day, see you all later
chonsigirl

i can make you thin

Post by chonsigirl »

I am wishing lots of energy to finish the dya out, buttercup!

Day 12! You are doing great!:)
cherandbuster

i can make you thin

Post by cherandbuster »

Sending lots of physical energy and positive energy directly to you!

Hope your day went well, BCup, and please know the cheerleaders are so proud of your efforts!

Keep up the GREAT work! :-6
Live Life with

PASSION

chocoholic

i can make you thin

Post by chocoholic »

O.K. buttercup, here's your encouragement, you are doing wonderfully so far, sending you lots of good wishes for energy and positive feelings today.

Keep going you are doing SO well, we are all proud of you.
buttercup

i can make you thin

Post by buttercup »

chocoholic i love that so much it has to be my new siggie :yh_rotfl

the plan is going so well everyone that i have to admit - IT IS actually working, i now feel even if i dont lose weight i have learned so much about my attitude to food that i will now always be healthier & that in turn logically can only produce weight loss long term, i feel great & more than ever completely commited to completing the plan, IM ACTUALLY STARTING TO ENJOY IT :D
chocoholic

i can make you thin

Post by chocoholic »

Glad you liked it buttercup, soon as I saw it I thought of you!

You are sounding so upbeat and full of confidence, I can notice a difference in the way you are talking about this since you first began to post.

It has definitely changed the way you think and you are so much more positive about it all.

CONGRATULATIONS on all you have achieved so far, things can only get better from here! See you tomorrow.
buttercup

i can make you thin

Post by buttercup »

day 13

the hunger scale

1 - physically faint

2 - ravenous

3 - farly hungry

4 - slightly hungry

5 - neutral

6 - pleasantly satisfied

7 - full

8 - stuffed

9 - bloated

10 - nauseous

during food i always aimed for 9 believing that feeling was me full, now im content at 6 :D

things are still going really well although i did not listen to the c.d yesterday, dident get a mins peace, the joys of being a hairdresser :rolleyes: house is always full at weekends, i think its possible ive lost a few lbs my jeans feel a bit slacker, here's hoping
chonsigirl

i can make you thin

Post by chonsigirl »

Buttercup, you are doing great! I bet your jeans are getting loose on you! And being busy yesterday probably kept you so occupied, it is too bad you couldn't listen to your tape.
Betty Boop

i can make you thin

Post by Betty Boop »

:-6 Well Done Buttercup and Rapunzel, keep going! :-6
chocoholic

i can make you thin

Post by chocoholic »

Buttercup, this is such an improvement, from "bloated" to "pleasantly satisfied"you must be really pleased and proud of yourself. Well Done.

Rapunzel, haven't forgotton you, haven't seen you posting but hope that everything is going well for you also, please let us know.

See you tomorrow girls!
buttercup

i can make you thin

Post by buttercup »

day 14

now that ive reprogrammed my attitude to food & eating i dont know how much i can say in the thread, as the thread has had over 1,000 views its fair to say lots of members must have some degree of interest in the plan & therefore i thought i'd post inspirational sections of the book for you & occasionaly add little comments of my own as i progress in my own plan, im not saying the last two weeks have been easy but if you had told me my brain could be reprogrammed from "comfort eater" to "im only mildly hungry" in the space of two weeks :thinking: - I WOULD NOT HAVE BELIEVED YOU - fact - IT HAS

if posting snippets helps just one person to be curious enough to try this plan then its worth the effort of posting bits

maybe i should e-mail paul mckenna for a pr job :yh_eyebro

golden rule number 1

when you are hungry, EAT

ever wondered whats inside a camels hump? - its fat, stored fat

camels store fat because they dont know how long they're going to go between meals

when you starve yourself by not eating when your hungry, your body does the same thing, in fact if you've been trying to lose weight for a while, your body is probably stuck in continual fat - storage mode

similarly, when you starve your body it goes into survival mode because it thinks there is a famine & stores fat in your cells 'just in case'

over time, your body begins to leach more fat from whatever foods you do eat

there may be only a few grams of fat in that 'weight watchers' lasagne, but if your eating it at 'mealtimes' instead of when your hungry, your body will do whatever it takes to grab onto that fat & put it where it can store it until later

as if that wasent enough, not eating when your hungry sets up dysfunctional patterns of thinking in the unconsious mind in relation to food

this subtle tension around food sets up a powerful neuro-chemical change in the brain that leads to false hunger signals & patterns of craving & bingeing, the vicious cycle is in motion, the less you trust your body, the less trustworthy your body's messages become

there is, however, some very good news

all you need to do to reset your body's innate wisdom is to eat whenever you feel hungry

within a few days, your metabolism will stabilize & your body will relax, taking only those nutrients it truly needs to meet the requirements of the moment & easy eliminating the rest
chocoholic

i can make you thin

Post by chocoholic »

Great idea Buttercup, shows how far along the road you have come.

It's certainly giving me something to consider, I realise that I eat for comfort usually, not because I'm particularly hungry.

Keep up the good work!
cherandbuster

i can make you thin

Post by cherandbuster »

BCup

I'm glad that you feel good about YOU :)

I'm being patient but I'm excited at the upcoming weigh-in

When will that be?

Keep going --we're all rooting you on!! :-6
Live Life with

PASSION

buttercup

i can make you thin

Post by buttercup »

well the weigh in can be tommorow if i need to do it, he prefers that you dont weigh yourself at all logic being - looking & feeling wonderful will always be a better measure of your progress than the numbers on a scale

i havent made up my mind yet if im going for the weigh in or not, see how i feel tomorrow ;)

im scared that if i havent lost much it will be a set back in my positive state of mind
cherandbuster

i can make you thin

Post by cherandbuster »

buttercup wrote: im scared that if i havent lost much it will be a set back in my positive state of mind

That's an excellent point, BCup.

Staying POSITIVE is of key importance!

If I was behind you're mirror I'd tell you how beautiful you are :-4
Live Life with

PASSION

chonsigirl

i can make you thin

Post by chonsigirl »

Think positive, Buttercup! You don't have to weigh in, to know you are making important steps forward in this!:-6
buttercup

i can make you thin

Post by buttercup »

thanks girls :-4

chonsi i adore that animated bunny, cant it be your avatar?
chonsigirl

i can make you thin

Post by chonsigirl »

I tried it once, but I am butterfingers...........I will try again to make it an avatar-dear six sent it to me.:)
buttercup

i can make you thin

Post by buttercup »

day 15

what you practise, you become

how do you think you'll be different when you've lost the weight you want to lose?

will you be happier? have more energy? feel better about yourself?

while all of these things are possible, they become more likely when you begin to practise them even before you've lost the weight

'always act as if you have already achieved what it is you are setting out to acomplish' joe d batten

buttercups note - the mirror image, of all things this is the one i have struggled most with - went great this morning :D
chocoholic

i can make you thin

Post by chocoholic »

Hi buttercup, just a little piccie to show that you have achieved a whole lot and that there is even better things to follow!

Pleased to hear that your mirror image task went so well today.

There was something in my stars this morning that I thought you would appreciate -

"Think of obstacles as inspiration to move you toward your goal. Aim high and dream big"

Keep up the good spirits, will check with you again tomorrow.:)

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”