Remember!! BE British!!

Fact is stranger than fiction.
suzy_creamcheese

Remember!! BE British!!

Post by suzy_creamcheese »

yeah, the brits do seem to have a bit of a reputation as terrible heavy drinking wild tourists. Not altogether undeserved unfortunately. I dont think its because they feel like prisoners at home, because most fridays nights in town arent that much different lol
dubs

Remember!! BE British!!

Post by dubs »

It's like spring break, but with Chavs...:wah:

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
Pinky

Remember!! BE British!!

Post by Pinky »

dubs;963418 wrote: It's like spring break, but with Chavs...:wah:

:wah::wah:

Yup, I'm ashamed to say that there are lots of ignorant, brainless morons in the UK who have no regard for other people. God, I only have to walk down Lowestoft high street before I have the sudden urge to buy dictionaries for half the inhabitants to make them learn some connectives other than ******* to fill out their vocab.:-5

As for going on hols anywhere...jeez, it's just embarrassing.
spot

Remember!! BE British!!

Post by spot »

We got rid of fitba madness on away legs in Europe, maybe whoever thought out how can apply it to cheap wild package tours.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
abbey

Remember!! BE British!!

Post by abbey »

Cheap booze is the answer,

countries like Ibiza will do anything to get the custom of the eager young Brits, they offer their booze for next to nothing.

Let's face it, to a plane load of horny sunstarved Brits the chance of cheap drinks is mana from heaven.

The mayor needs to look to his own laurels and come down on the clubs and bars who have young agents standing on the street all day handing leaflets to young Brits offering free booze.
gmc

Remember!! BE British!!

Post by gmc »

I wish they would make up their minds

Lured by all-you-can-drink vacations and very un-British weather, more Britons are heading south for their getaways—but many resorts are no longer thrilled to welcome them. In places like the Greek city of Malia, inebriated Englishmen are wreaking havoc, writes the New York Times. “It is only the British—

Just so you know British and English are not synonymous.
Victoria

Remember!! BE British!!

Post by Victoria »

A lot of resorts do encourage the wrong sort of behaviour. We went to a lovely small town in France sept 2001 it was our first holiday without the kids!

Anyway the town was lovely small cafes everything in French really nice food and snacks on the menus we really enjoyed it.

The next year we returned but taking our daughter and her friend we went in july,

I really thought I had arrived in a different town. There were menus outside almost every cafe advertising egg&chips sausage&chips English breakfast even lasange &chips.

The nice little cafe now had a big union jack hanging outside and had a Happy hour (lasting 4 hours) sky football and half price cocktails. The same was true for almost all the cafes along the coastline.

We haven't been back since!
suzy_creamcheese

Remember!! BE British!!

gmc;963673 wrote: I wish they would make up their minds

Thats true. The scots can drink the english under the table - nae bother. Dont confuse the two
dubs

Remember!! BE British!!

Post by dubs »

gmc;963673 wrote: I wish they would make up their minds

Oh yeah! Scots are all tee total..:thinking:

buttercup

Remember!! BE British!!

Post by buttercup »

suzy_creamcheese;964148 wrote: Thats true. The scots can drink the english under the table - nae bother. Dont confuse the two

dubs;964462 wrote: Oh yeah! Scots are all tee total..:thinking:

Suzy & Dubs :-4

I dont really think thats what GMC meant. The opinion of the English as a race & the Scots as a race are very different abroad. It has little to do with alcohol.
dubs

Remember!! BE British!!

Post by dubs »

buttercup;964467 wrote: Suzy & Dubs :-4

I dont really think thats what GMC meant. The opinion of the English as a race & the Scots as a race are very different abroad. It has little to do with alcohol.

I know BC..I'm just messin with him..:wah: It usually comes the other way!

dubs

Remember!! BE British!!

Post by dubs »

Scrat;964506 wrote: I can agree with that. I remember when I was in Palma Nova. They turned shooping centers into bar malls, you really had to watch yourself. Places like Benidorm and Malaga were a little higher class. There are some nights I can't remember.

Oooh! Palma Nova! That's a short walk to Magaluf.

buttercup

Remember!! BE British!!

Post by buttercup »

My eldest daughter has been to Magaluf twice (or Maga, Maga, Magaflukinluf) twice.

It would have never entered my head at that age to go there but i suppose times have a changed & i'm old now & know not what its all about :rolleyes:

All i know is there is a very big difference in how they see the Scots & English. Anybody know how they view the Welsh? :-3
dubs

Remember!! BE British!!

Post by dubs »

buttercup;964522 wrote: My eldest daughter has been to Magaluf twice (or Maga, Maga, Magaflukinluf) twice.

It would have never entered my head at that age to go there but i suppose times have a changed & i'm old now & know not what its all about :rolleyes:

All i know is there is a very big difference in how they see the Scots & English. Anybody know how they view the Welsh? :-3

Isn't it feasible to think that the Spanish hear English spoken, and assume it's an English person? Are they all fluent enough to determine a Scots, Irish or welsh accent, speaking a common language? Or are the young English morally worse then the young folk of those nations? I'm not defending the idiots BC, I'm interested to know.

buttercup

Remember!! BE British!!

Post by buttercup »

I dont know Dubs. Ive met some very fine English people in my time, ive met some very fine Welsh & ive met some very fine Irish. All i can say is - the people of Spain & thereabouts find us very different.
Odie

Remember!! BE British!!

Post by Odie »

don't beat yourself up, have you lived here?:-5

-idiots

-scums

-homeless people

-people on welfare who refuse to work, so we pay they're tax's

-assholes in the streets everywhere because they are a different colour, figure they are entitled to do anything and anytime!

-crime and more crime

-beggars on street corners for cash, then straight to the beer store.

-mothers who get pregnant on purpose to stay home while we pay for them.

shall I continue?
Life is just to short for drama.
gmc

Remember!! BE British!!

Post by gmc »

dubs;964462 wrote: Oh yeah! Scots are all tee total..:thinking:

Course we are- we just keep it secret. it's the Presbyterian in all of us -We are not put on this earth to have a good time so we have to drink so we have something to feel guilty about and blame it on. :D
suzy_creamcheese

Remember!! BE British!!

buttercup;964532 wrote: I dont know Dubs. Ive met some very fine English people in my time, ive met some very fine Welsh & ive met some very fine Irish. All i can say is - the people of Spain & thereabouts find us very different.
They probably prefer whoever it is theyre with at the time ;)
Bez

Remember!! BE British!!

Post by Bez »

They encouraged young tourists with cheap (sometimes FREE) drink and now are struggling to cope with the consequences. many Spanish resorts are trying to change the 'tone' to a more family orientated one. I went to Call D'or, mallorca this year and never saw one drunken young person....the resort caters more for families....however....everywhere you went there were free jugs of Sangria and a lot of cheap drinks.

If they took a harder line with the 'offenders' it might put them off.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Oscar Namechange

Remember!! BE British!!

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Pinky;963518 wrote: :wah::wah:

Yup, I'm ashamed to say that there are lots of ignorant, brainless morons in the UK who have no regard for other people. God, I only have to walk down Lowestoft high street before I have the sudden urge to buy dictionaries for half the inhabitants to make them learn some connectives other than ******* to fill out their vocab.:-5

As for going on hols anywhere...jeez, it's just embarrassing. It's now known as the "ME" generation, people who don't give a stuff about anything or anyone else except their own selfish self. Have you heard of the new fashion all over britain now?? It's called the muffin top. This comprises of a 40 something old slapper, trying to sqeeze into her teenagers clothes. After babies, the flab & stretch marks are exposed in the flesh & that flabby midriff then flops all over the belt of the mini skirt or spray on jeans. Think of a muffin being baked in it's paper case & the sponge will rise up & over. That's the muffin top look in Britain now. Then, the bare stretched marked fat belly hanging over their belt, will be adorned with studs, Piercings & tattoo's. They wear a little crop top with the words "You Wish" on them. They strut out streets & the hilarious bit, is, they think they look georgeous.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
gmc

Remember!! BE British!!

Post by gmc »

oscar;988147 wrote: It's now known as the "ME" generation, people who don't give a stuff about anything or anyone else except their own selfish self. Have you heard of the new fashion all over britain now?? It's called the muffin top. This comprises of a 40 something old slapper, trying to sqeeze into her teenagers clothes. After babies, the flab & stretch marks are exposed in the flesh & that flabby midriff then flops all over the belt of the mini skirt or spray on jeans. Think of a muffin being baked in it's paper case & the sponge will rise up & over. That's the muffin top look in Britain now. Then, the bare stretched marked fat belly hanging over their belt, will be adorned with studs, Piercings & tattoo's. They wear a little crop top with the words "You Wish" on them. They strut out streets & the hilarious bit, is, they think they look georgeous.

That's the spirit, the kind of fashion statement that says I don't care what people think, as opposed to fashion labels that just shout I've been daft enough to spend £300 on a cotton top that cost 50p to make.
Chezzie

Remember!! BE British!!

Post by Chezzie »

gmc;988737 wrote: That's the spirit, the kind of fashion statement that says I don't care what people think, as opposed to fashion labels that just shout I've been daft enough to spend £300 on a cotton top that cost 50p to make.

totally agree.

Why cant they wear what they want, if it makes them happy. I don't allow anyone to tell me what to wear, I never have. I have never been big on labels, always had my own kind of style, it would be mighty boring if we were all the same.

Back to the OP, their are people from every race and from every country that at times disgrace themselves, its not just young brits ect...
Oscar Namechange

Remember!! BE British!!

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Scrat;988831 wrote: Just a side note that will hopefully not make this thread go to hell.

Who are the consumers of society? I think it is in general women. Women shop, no one is going to tell me that men are as gung-ho about shop till you drop as women are. I hate Malls and shopping centers, I hate buying food for gods sake. When with the wife she never fails to find this summer dress (made by some child slaving in a Nicaraguan sweat shop for a dime a day) with some fancy name like Midnight Abbatoir on it ON SALE FOR $200!!!

She never fails to hold it up for me to see, admire and entertain thoughts of her in it. What she doesn't realize and steadfastly refuses to accept is that what she is holding up in my eyes is, a $200 3 week old dead cat.

I have been in many places, many cities, many shopping malls in my life and if there is one thing I have seen there its women shopping, it's like the gathering instinct from our far past, men hunt, women gather. The guy makes the money, women spend it as a rule. And yes there are exceptions but when it gets to rampant consumerism and excess I think that women are the engine of it. Perhaps withn the latest generation it is more equal but I'll bet anyone here that if you go to a mall and count the number of men to women in the place the result will be very one sided.

Donning flame suit. :-3 Well, i have been told this in the past--I am a very rare breed of woman. My female pals don't understand me & my husbands pals tell him what a lucky guy he is. The reason?---- I loathe & deplore shopping. Have done all my life, weather it's grocery shopping, clothes, for a wedding day, furnature, everything. My hatred of it is so deep rooted that my marraige works by husband shopping for everything. Furnature--he will show me a catalogue, i pick out something i like, he goes to get it. Clothes, similar. I look at a catalogue, he asks what size i am at the time, then he trawls the shops for me buying what i need including my underwear. Groceries--he asks what i fancy, i say, i don't care, then he goes to the shops twice a week to stock up on the food. I have not clothe shopped for 20 odd years & haven't been in a supermarket since i can remember. Recently, a good pal asked if i'd accompany her to trawl wedding dress shops to give her advice. Nothing made me feel more ill just at the thought. I suddenly contacted an infectious virus to get out of it without hurting her feelings. Yuk yuk:-5:-5:-5 I xmas shop via e bay. My music--e bay. Pet nessessities--- e bay--bliss
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon

Return to “Bizarre News Stories”