*Sigh*

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
strongirl56

*Sigh*

Post by strongirl56 »

He's finally told me what he's feeling from the bottom of his heart. I called him this past Saturday and we had some time to talk about everything out, I've been waiting for this for the past couple of months. He says that friends could eventually turn into boy/girlfriends which to me is a way of him leading me on. Then he tells me that it's better that me and him stay friends, since I'm Asian and he's African American, my parents will never accept him into our family. I told him how painful it is for me to be reminded of him when I see couples around, and he told me how painful it is for him when I remind him of how we used to be (since we used to like each other, hold hands and all that). He says that he'll always be my friend that he has always been there for me as a friend, that he does love me and care about me, but only as a friend. I told him how he lost my trust and how he broke my heart and he doesn't understand. He doesn't understand how much I like him, how he could have broke my heart if he never had it in the first place. He still thinks that there's nothing wrong with flirting with other girls in front of me or how wrong it was for him to hold my hand when we're not going out yet. He had my heart the day he asked me out, the day he held my hand, the day he said I love you, but he broke it, when he didn't ask me out again, when he took what he said about wanting to be in a relationship with me back. He also told me that he don't want to lose me as both a girlfriend and a friend, if we do go out as boy/girlfriend and end up breaking up with each other, so he's not even going to try. That tells me that he probably cares about me more than I thought he does. He has hurt me unintentionally before and now he doesn't want to risk breaking my heart (after we do become boy/girlfriends). But what happened to the phrase "you'll never try until you try?" But what is going to happen if he's right? Was I wrong about him? What should I do about him now? He told me that all he wants me to do now is to live in the present, forget the past (referring to me and him) and focus on school. I know that all he wants is for me to be happy, but I'm not happy, I might seem happy but inside I'm not. He also sang a song to me on the phone and made me laugh. Yes I admit he does have his flaws and he is African American but I've grown to care about him and now I can't let go. I can't be just hi/bye acquaintance with him when I see him on campus since we go to the same school. *Sigh* this is driving me crazy. :-5
Nomad

*Sigh*

Post by Nomad »

Whoa !

Time out !!!

Lets just slow down here a little bit....

Ok, proceed.
I AM AWESOME MAN
guppy

*Sigh*

Post by guppy »

sounds to me like he is riding the fence..was quick to jump in and quick to abandon..true love takes time..as friends, and common interests, respect, communication. vulnerability. intimacy-both physical and emotionally.

from what i read you are saying he showed you way to fast the physical signs of a loving relationship and then broke it off..he doesnt want to try because he doesnt want to get hurt? is this what i read? my advice to you would be to leave him alone..he has admitted he isnt capable of a mature relationship..you are setting yourself up for hurt..run, run, run, and dont look back.

You deserve someone who can really love you.show you mutual respect, and decency. :-6
Odie

*Sigh*

Post by Odie »

that to me, your parents not accepting him is just despictable.

should never matter who you are, its what you are.

My daughter in law is from Thailand, a beautiful and caring girl!

move on, to many issues with this one.
Life is just to short for drama.
shelbell

*Sigh*

Post by shelbell »

I've never cared about race, but my parents did. My middle daughter that is white as chalk is with a black guy. It should never be about race. There is a book you should read called "He's Just Not That Into You". Please don't take this the wrong way, but it helped me girls when they were having boy/guy problems that they didn't understand. I hope you feel better hun.

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”