Not a happy Mummy

Chezzie

Not a happy Mummy

Post by Chezzie »

The council run a local playscheme which is free. They are held on local parks for 2 hours with qualified helpers. Its not childcare but they are responsible for your child whilst in their care.

Took my girls up to the one closest to our house and enrolled them and then came home. 15 minutes later my eldest (10) is on the phone, shes wanting to come home and the youngest is coming with her. Jumped in the car the car to meet them. My eldest looked upset when she got in the car. She then explained that their were boys there swearing their head offs and arguing over the games and the helpers wern't bothered. I was so proud of my daughter for not wanting to stay in that environment and being mature enough to realise it was wrong and remove herself from the situation.

Whats wrong with people today!!!!
Carolly

Not a happy Mummy

Post by Carolly »

Chez you have taught them well and good on yer....you have a pair of lovely girls there.....be proud....as I know you are;)

What the hell is wrong with these people allowing this though..... is beyond belief.....hell things have changed......and not for the good.
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
Chezzie

Not a happy Mummy

Post by Chezzie »

Carolly;923526 wrote: Chez you have taught them well and good on yer....you have a pair of lovely girls there.....be proud....as I know you are;)

What the hell is wrong with these people allowing this though..... is beyond belief.....hell things have changed......and not for the good.

Thanks for that Carol. im just miffed that she felt so awkward that she felt she couldnt stay there. Apparently the helpers (3 girls) were sitting on the floor making scoobies and not participating in the activity which was baseball. That's what they are there for...:-5
Carolly

Not a happy Mummy

Post by Carolly »

Chezzie;923551 wrote: Thanks for that Carol. im just miffed that she felt so awkward that she felt she couldnt stay there. Apparently the helpers (3 girls) were sitting on the floor making scoobies and not participating in the activity which was baseball. That's what they are there for...:-5But this cant be allowed fgs.....can you complain to anybody?
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
kazalala

Not a happy Mummy

Post by kazalala »

Chezzie;923551 wrote: Thanks for that Carol. im just miffed that she felt so awkward that she felt she couldnt stay there. Apparently the helpers (3 girls) were sitting on the floor making scoobies and not participating in the activity which was baseball. That's what they are there for...:-5

you know you have to complain dont you:thinking: if its a playscheme they should be entertaining the kids, not themselves:rolleyes:

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
chonsigirl

Not a happy Mummy

Post by chonsigirl »

Good for your children in wanting to come home, and phooey on that playscheme for not setting a good example for kids.
Carolly

Not a happy Mummy

Post by Carolly »

chonsigirl;923564 wrote: Good for your children in wanting to come home, and phooey on that playscheme for not setting a good example for kids.Ohhhhhh I miss the Rabbit:(:-1:-1
Chezzie

Not a happy Mummy

Post by Chezzie »

Carolly;923555 wrote: But this cant be allowed fgs.....can you complain to anybody?

Well I take the dog for his walk near the kids park so in the morning im going to leave earlier and speak to the girls. Im not sure if my girls want to go there tomorrow now though:-3
Carolly

Not a happy Mummy

Post by Carolly »

Chezzie;923571 wrote: Well I take the dog for his walk near the kids park so in the morning im going to leave earlier and speak to the girls. Im not sure if my girls want to go there tomorrow now though:-3Cant blame them.......poor mites:(
spot

Not a happy Mummy

Post by spot »

One used to have trained nannies to deal with this sort of thing, surely, not three approved girls.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Victoria

Not a happy Mummy

Post by Victoria »

Sorry to hear about your girls. Rotten for them.

Cant say Im surprised though. I used to go to playschemes myself in the summer hols and there was always that 'group' who would hog the best games, be first to have a go on stuff, ruin our painting ,clay, ect ect and 9 times out of 10 if you told the helpers they told you 'not to be silly' or 'stop moaning'and then you would be lucky if you didn't get beaten up for being a snitch.

Sounds like some things dont change!:mad:
qsducks

Not a happy Mummy

Post by qsducks »

Can you imagine if you had to pay money for these playschemes? Pffft! I'd be having a fit.:mad:
Chezzie

Not a happy Mummy

Post by Chezzie »

qsducks;923664 wrote: Can you imagine if you had to pay money for these playschemes? Pffft! I'd be having a fit.:mad:

To be fair they have had lots of fun at these schemes in the past. Last year they had men and girls (18-21) running them and I think the men help control some of the more boistress children. They usually use people who are training to be PE Instructers or the like so maybe the ones from last year and the previous year have now qualified. However if its all these girls first time in this sort of environment then I will be fuming because their should be at least one of them with more experience as head play leader etc...
Odie

Not a happy Mummy

Post by Odie »

Chezzie;923551 wrote: Thanks for that Carol. im just miffed that she felt so awkward that she felt she couldnt stay there. Apparently the helpers (3 girls) were sitting on the floor making scoobies and not participating in the activity which was baseball. That's what they are there for...:-5

You have to complain.................3 girls were the helpers?

there is the problem!
Life is just to short for drama.

Return to “Kids Family”