A thought i had because of good ole lon.

Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

"It's estimated that there are 36 million atheists in the U.S., about 10% of the population. Some 75% of the U.S. population are Christians and they represent 75% of the prison population. Atheists represent .2% of the prison population. Divorce among Christians is much higher as well"

First do you think people who go into jail become Christians after they go to jail? I mean in my personal experience i know a lot of Christians who became saved (accepting christ) after they went to jail? And with divorce... Christians aren't always raised that way and make mistakes. Like my birth mom. She is now divorced and claims to be a Christian, but she was divorced because she simply was stupid when she married him. And she biblically had the right to. so, what do you think? am i off? I can't say this is every situation, nor am i making excuses i just think we should look further into that.
Smoke signals ftw!
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

fuzzy butt;949328 wrote: Marriage is usually a religious belief . Could it be that athiests don't get married? So there is no divorce needed? Just because you're baptised as an infant doesnt mean you are a christian. but that's what they ask you . Not "do you practice a certain religion?" ....but .."what did your parents baptise you as?" And if you're sitting in prison you weren't a practising christian beforehand.:)Exactly. So i think that should be a fallible research unless it has every stinking detail. Atheist would expect the same from christians, so why can't we?
Smoke signals ftw!
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

fuzzy butt;949338 wrote: Ahh the one thing a statistic and a survey will tell you ............................'exactly what you want it to tell you'. ............................Proper research is the key. :)
Sadly this is not the first time I've heard that statistic! Every argument I've ever had with anyone against Christianity seems to use this and so i finally decided to say something. Research is good.
Smoke signals ftw!
Lon

Post by Lon »

Omni_Skittles;949326 wrote: "It's estimated that there are 36 million atheists in the U.S., about 10% of the population. Some 75% of the U.S. population are Christians and they represent 75% of the prison population. Atheists represent .2% of the prison population. Divorce among Christians is much higher as well"

First do you think people who go into jail become Christians after they go to jail? I mean in my personal experience i know a lot of Christians who became saved (accepting christ) after they went to jail? And with divorce... Christians aren't always raised that way and make mistakes. Like my birth mom. She is now divorced and claims to be a Christian, but she was divorced because she simply was stupid when she married him. And she biblically had the right to. so, what do you think? am i off? I can't say this is every situation, nor am i making excuses i just think we should look further into that.

It's much easier for a prisoner to get a parole if he or she has"FOUND JESUS"
Lon

Post by Lon »

fuzzy butt;949328 wrote: Marriage is usually a religious belief . Could it be that athiests don't get married? So there is no divorce needed? Just because you're baptised as an infant doesnt mean you are a christian. but that's what they ask you . Not "do you practice a certain religion?" ....but .."what did your parents baptise you as?" And if you're sitting in prison you weren't a practising christian beforehand.:)

Atheists do get married. Do a Google on Famous Atheists. I think you will be surprised.
Omni_Skittles

Post by Omni_Skittles »

Lon;949356 wrote: It's much easier for a prisoner to get a parole if he or she has"FOUND JESUS"Exactly. So do you judge all Christians on statistics?
Smoke signals ftw!

Return to “General Religious Discussions”