Natural Highs

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Hope6

Natural Highs

Post by Hope6 »

I had this on another thread but i thought it deserved one of it's own!

which ones are you favorites? feel free to add others if you think of them!:-6

Falling in love. Laughing so hard your face hurts. A hot shower. No lines at the Super Walmart. A special glance. Getting mail. Taking a drive on a pretty road. Hearing your favorite song on the radio. Lying in bed listening to the rain outside. Hot towels out of the dryer. Walking out of your last final. Finding the sweater you want is on sale for half price. Chocolate milkshake. A long distance phone call. Getting invited to a dance. A bubble bath. Giggling. A good conversation. A care package. The beach. Finding a $20 bill in your coat from last winter. Laughing at yourself. Midnight phone calls that last for hours. Running through sprinklers. Laughing for absolutely no reason at all. Having someone tell you that you're beautiful. Laughing at an inside joke. Friends. Falling in love for the first time. Slumber parties. Accidentally overhearing someone say something nice about you. Waking up and realizing you still have a few hours left to sleep. Your first kiss. Being part of a team. Making new friends or spending time with old ones. Playing with a new puppy. Late night talks with your roommate that keep you from sleeping. Having someone play with your hair. Sweet dreams. Hot chocolate. Road trips with friends. Swinging on swings. Watching a good movie cuddled up on a couch with someone you love. Wrapping presents under the Christmas tree while eating cookies and drinking eggnog. Song lyrics printed inside your new CD so you can sing along without feeling stupid. Going to a really good concert. Getting butterflies in your stomach every time you see that one person. Making eye contact with a cute stranger. Winning a really competitive game. Making chocolate chip cookies! Having your friends send you homemade cookies! Spending time with close friends! Running through the fountains with your friends. Riding a bike downhill. The feeling after running a few miles-an accomplishment! The feeling you get the first time you step on stage. Seeing smiles and hearing laughter from your friends...Holding hands with someone you care about. Wearing your boyfriend's shirt that still smells like his cologne. Running into an old friend and realizing that some things (good or bad) never change. Discovering that love is unconditional and stronger than time. Riding the best roller coasters over and over. Hugging the person you love. Watching the expression someone's face as they open a much-desired present from you. Kisses on your forehead from the first and only boy you have ever loved. Watching the sunrise. Getting out of bed every morning and thanking God for another beautiful day
Hope6

Natural Highs

Post by Hope6 »

I'll start with mine! :-6

Falling in love.

Taking a drive on a pretty road.

Hearing your favorite song on the radio.

Lying in bed listening to the rain outside.

Chocolate milkshake.

Getting invited to a dance.

A bubble bath.

The beach.

Laughing for absolutely no reason at all.

Having someone tell you that you're beautiful.

Watching a good movie cuddled up on a couch with someone you love.

Wrapping presents under the Christmas tree while eating cookies and drinking eggnog.

Discovering that love is unconditional and stronger than time.

Getting out of bed every morning and thanking God for another beautiful day
Galbally

Natural Highs

Post by Galbally »

Falling in love is a pretty strong natural high I have to admit.

Another one is when you finally understand something complicated, when it becomes clear, the penny dropping, learning something new.

Achieving some personal goal, which is a short lived one, but its good.

Seeing an old friend after a long absence.

Anticipating what will happen with a new lover.

Those days when everything seems right with the world, children are laughing, the sun is shining, and it seems like nothing bad could ever happen again.

When your team win, and win big, that winning goal at the last minute, thats cool.

Knowing that whatever has been, or will be, is only what is meant to be, for better or worse.
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
Betty Boop

Natural Highs

Post by Betty Boop »

Hope6;894255 wrote: I'll start with mine! :-6

Falling in love.

Taking a drive on a pretty road.

Hearing your favorite song on the radio.

Lying in bed listening to the rain outside.

Chocolate milkshake.

Getting invited to a dance.

A bubble bath.

The beach.

Laughing for absolutely no reason at all.

Having someone tell you that you're beautiful.

Watching a good movie cuddled up on a couch with someone you love.

Wrapping presents under the Christmas tree while eating cookies and drinking eggnog.

Discovering that love is unconditional and stronger than time.

Getting out of bed every morning and thanking God for another beautiful day

I'm pretty much there with you Hope, apart from the milkshake, make that a vodka and lemonade please, I'll pass on the eggnog too :yh_sick.

Meditation provides a really good high too.
Hope6

Natural Highs

Post by Hope6 »

Galbally;894300 wrote: Falling in love is a pretty strong natural high I have to admit.

Another one is when you finally understand something complicated, when it becomes clear, the penny dropping, learning something new.

Achieving some personal goal, which is a short lived one, but its good.

Seeing an old friend after a long absence.

Anticipating what will happen with a new lover.

Those days when everything seems right with the world, children are laughing, the sun is shining, and it seems like nothing bad could ever happen again.

When your team win, and win big, that winning goal at the last minute, thats cool.

Knowing that whatever has been, or will be, is only what is meant to be, for better or worse.

I really like this one!

Hope6

Natural Highs

Post by Hope6 »

Betty Boop;894332 wrote: I'm pretty much there with you Hope, apart from the milkshake, make that a vodka and lemonade please, I'll pass on the eggnog too :yh_sick.

Meditation provides a really good high too.

:wah::wah: i actually would prefer the milkshake to the egg nog if i had to choose between the two, but the milkshake has to be chocolate nothing else! :wah::wah:
along-for-the-ride

Natural Highs

Post by along-for-the-ride »

If more people would take the time and appreciate all the simple pleasures of life, maybe we would have less drug use.

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
hoppy

Natural Highs

Post by hoppy »

These days, just waking up in no worse shape than when I went to bed gives me hope at least.

When I was younger, being in isolated, uninhabited places and knowing no one knew where I was or could reach me gave me a huge thrill. Don't know why.
Hope6

Natural Highs

Post by Hope6 »

along-for-the-ride;894410 wrote: If more people would take the time and appreciate all the simple pleasures of life, maybe we would have less drug use.

That's so true!

i know i hardly ever drink and i have never tried any drugs,

i always like to say i'm high on life!:-6
Hope6

Natural Highs

Post by Hope6 »

hoppy;894417 wrote: These days, just waking up in no worse shape than when I went to bed gives me hope at least.

When I was younger, being in isolated, uninhabited places and knowing no one knew where I was or could reach me gave me a huge thrill. Don't know why.

i live on a farm surrounded by 1000 acres of forest, i'm in an isolated place every day! but you know what? i really like it too! :wah::wah:
minks

Natural Highs

Post by minks »

I wish I had a million of them....

My Grandson

Certainly falling in love

Certain places on Vancouver Island

The mountains

My Grandson

Travel to new places

+balance in my bank account

A boss telling me "well done"

My Grandson
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
hotsauce

Natural Highs

Post by hotsauce »

It doesn't get much better than seeing your baby for the very first time!
Hope6

Natural Highs

Post by Hope6 »

Great stuff guys! :-4

I should add my baby boy to my list, and you're right there's nothing like seeing your baby for the first time!

seeing him smile for the first time and the first time he called me momma are pretty close though!:-4
minks

Natural Highs

Post by minks »

success's of my children ooo yeah

― Mae West
Hope6

Natural Highs

Post by Hope6 »

minks;894586 wrote: success's of my children ooo yeah

good one darlin!

i have all of that to look forward too with Jacob, i guess i could add that to my list too, the thrill of seeing the kind of person he turns out to be!:-4
minks

Natural Highs

Post by minks »

Hope6;894589 wrote: good one darlin!

i have all of that to look forward too with Jacob, i guess i could add that to my list too, the thrill of seeing the kind of person he turns out to be!:-4

oh indeed... and despite the things they do wrong along the way (well in our eyes anyways) their accomplishments are spectacular... oh I am going to get all teary eyed thinking about the awesome high of watching Jr Minks walk across the stage at her graduation last month ooooo still gives me goose bumps.

― Mae West
Hope6

Natural Highs

Post by Hope6 »

minks;894593 wrote: oh indeed... and despite the things they do wrong along the way (well in our eyes anyways) their accomplishments are spectacular... oh I am going to get all teary eyed thinking about the awesome high of watching Jr Minks walk across the stage at her graduation last month ooooo still gives me goose bumps.

Oh that's so great!

and i want to give Jacob every opportunity to become the best he can be, because he's my miracle anyway, and for him to be given to me now after all this time and thinking i couldn't have children at all, he must be destined for something great!
minks

Natural Highs

Post by minks »

Hope6;894628 wrote: Oh that's so great!

and i want to give Jacob every opportunity to become the best he can be, because he's my miracle anyway, and for him to be given to me now after all this time and thinking i couldn't have children at all, he must be destined for something great!

aw bless, I think you may be right.

― Mae West
Hope6

Natural Highs

Post by Hope6 »

minks;894636 wrote: aw bless, I think you may be right.

i'm the kind of person who believes there's a reson for everything that happens, so i'm really excited to see who or what he will become, but it also makes me a little nervous what if i don't do what i should as a mother!

btw where's Jessica Rabbit, i miss her! :wah:
pinkchick

Natural Highs

Post by pinkchick »

A good cup of coffee

Someone smiling at me

My sister calling or texting me to say hi and tell me she loves me

Soaking in a hot bubble bath

A hug from someone I haven't seen in a while

A letter or email from a friend
Very nearly perfect ... :D
Hope6

Natural Highs

Post by Hope6 »

pinkchick;894687 wrote: A good cup of coffee

Someone smiling at me

My sister calling or texting me to say hi and tell me she loves me

Soaking in a hot bubble bath

A hug from someone I haven't seen in a while

A letter or email from a friend

awww that's a wonderful list Rosie, i can give you a hug right now! :yh_hugs:-4
Predator Prevention

Natural Highs

Post by Predator Prevention »

learning something new of what life is all about

....and on a less serious note....

gas prices:wah:
Hope6

Natural Highs

Post by Hope6 »

Predator Prevention;897753 wrote: learning something new of what life is all about

....and on a less serious note....

gas prices:wah:

:wah::wah::wah::wah:

Return to “General Chit Chat”