Bothwell's Pub - Part II

Escape the rat race and slip on into Pub Nutters Inn.
Babe

Bothwell's Pub - Part II

Post by Babe »

Well I think I am calling in a night. Have several things to get done before bedtime. Take care everyone. It was nice talking with you tonight. :) See you again sometime, I'm sure. Take care!
Kathy Ellen

Bothwell's Pub - Part II

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Babe;891285 wrote: We have native american friends that make dreamcatchers. They are always bringing me new ones. I really like them too. And I LOVE their jewelry! Mustang bought me some gorgeous pieces this year! :-4 My favorite ones have to be with the real bear claws in them, a necklace and cuff bracelet. He also got me several turqoiuse pieces too.

Oh, I love that.........Do they have a website...I would love to buy some of their jewelry, especially since they're friends of yours:-4

bear claws:-6 that's a good omen...have you read any of Jean Auels books?????
dubs

Bothwell's Pub - Part II

Post by dubs »

Kathy Ellen;891292 wrote: That sounds like fun Dubs....It must be so much fun to visit a pub that belongs to your mate. Huuuummmmmm, naturally you had to try the new beers...that's what friends are for, aren't they:-6

I love my pub in town. It's called "Klees." Our family has been coming to this town ......forever........... and this pub has been here forever and has changed with the times. As kids my grandmother used to send us kids to the pub to bring our grandfather home.When the poor man arrived home she would throw her slippers at him, and we'd all laugh...lots of good memories there....all good...

I've started enjoying the whole "Pub" thing again, since the smoking ban came in over here. For one thing, next morning you don't smell someone else's habit on your clothes..:D

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
Kathy Ellen

Bothwell's Pub - Part II

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Babe;891293 wrote: Well I think I am calling in a night. Have several things to get done before bedtime. Take care everyone. It was nice talking with you tonight. :) See you again sometime, I'm sure. Take care!

Good night Babe...sleep tight:-4
Babe

Bothwell's Pub - Part II

Post by Babe »

Kathy Ellen;891297 wrote: Oh, I love that.........Do they have a website...I would love to buy some of their jewelry, especially since they're friends of yours:-4

bear claws:-6 that's a good omen...have you read any of Jean Auels books?????

No, they don't have a website. They just make things and sell them at local craft shows and such. Very talented people.

No, I haven't read those books, but I shall make it a point to find them now. ;)
dubs

Bothwell's Pub - Part II

Post by dubs »

Hello JAB :)

Kathy Ellen

Bothwell's Pub - Part II

Post by Kathy Ellen »

dubs;891300 wrote: I've started enjoying the whole "Pub" thing again, since the smoking ban came in over here. For one thing, next morning you don't smell someone else's habit on your clothes..:D

I hear ya Dubs,

It's awful but I smoked for a long time and finally gave them up. It was so difficult doing that. I love to puff on a sweet, small tiparillo (?spelling) sometimes...dont' inhale but it does the trick....only do it a few times a year. I'm finally over the fags and will never smoke again.

I love to go to a pub or club with no smoking now....you smell as nice as when you walked in....I love a good pub. My friend and I had so much fun this afternoon just chillin and gabbing....We knew all the bartenders there and had lots of fun talking with them. We flirted, in good fun, with all there, and had great craic....
Mustang

Bothwell's Pub - Part II

Post by Mustang »

dubs;891289 wrote: I don't actually remember much about it TBH...haha!:yh_whistl

Must have been really, really good beer! :sneaky: :D

Hi JAB. :)
Kathy Ellen

Bothwell's Pub - Part II

Post by Kathy Ellen »

JAB;891306 wrote: Hi Kathy, Dubs and anyone else that might be here.

Hi Jab,

Sorry, I was just thrown off the pub:p

How are ya tonight:-6
Mustang

Bothwell's Pub - Part II

Post by Mustang »

JAB;891312 wrote: Well if it isn't Mr. Mustang! How goes in your neck of the woods?

It goes just fine JAB. ;) How's it by you?
Kathy Ellen

Bothwell's Pub - Part II

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Babe;891304 wrote: No, they don't have a website. They just make things and sell them at local craft shows and such. Very talented people.

No, I haven't read those books, but I shall make it a point to find them now. ;)

If you like stories about early civilizations this is your author....I love all of Jean Auels books and have read them for years:-4

Here's a site for her books...

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6293/auel.html
Kathy Ellen

Bothwell's Pub - Part II

Post by Kathy Ellen »

JAB;891317 wrote: Well what were you doing up on the roof of the pub anyway? :-2 :wah:

:wah::wah::wah: replacing the tiles on the roof, what else:-5
dubs

Bothwell's Pub - Part II

Post by dubs »

Kathy Ellen;891309 wrote: I hear ya Dubs,

It's awful but I smoked for a long time and finally gave them up. It was so difficult doing that. I love to puff on a sweet, small tiparillo (?spelling) sometimes...dont' inhale but it does the trick....only do it a few times a year. I'm finally over the fags and will never smoke again.

I love to go to a pub or club with no smoking now....you smell as nice as when you walked in....I love a good pub. My friend and I had so much fun this afternoon just chillin and gabbing....We knew all the bartenders there and had lots of fun talking with them. We flirted, in good fun, with all there, and had great craic....

I like to go to my local Snooker hall KE, It's a big sports bar basically. They got the big screen TVs downstairs in the bar, and there's about 20 tables upstairs, I usually go with my dad, youngest son or nephew...Or all three! haha..It's particularly good at the moment, cos the european football championships are on, so there's a good craic there. They got Pool tables in there too, but no-one will play me at 9ball anymore...:wah:

Kathy Ellen

Bothwell's Pub - Part II

Post by Kathy Ellen »

SORRY.....I'm loggin off now....thunderbolts and storms are abound.....Hope to talk with all soon...Yipes....wish I could take a pic of these bolts....
Mustang

Bothwell's Pub - Part II

Post by Mustang »

Kathy Ellen;891321 wrote: :wah::wah: replacing the tiles on the roof, what else:-5

Woman, what the heck were ya thinkin? Could have got hurt. :-4 Let Chris fix it when he comes in tomorrow. :p :D
dubs

Bothwell's Pub - Part II

Post by dubs »

JAB;891311 wrote: Hi Dubs! I must commend you for being such a good friend and doing quality control for your friend's pub. Having the right kind of inventory is very important you know. :D

Thank you JAB.....It's a responsibility I take extremely seriously..:D:D

Mustang

Bothwell's Pub - Part II

Post by Mustang »

Kathy Ellen;891323 wrote: SORRY.....I'm loggin off now....thunderbolts and storms are abound.....Hope to talk with all soon...Yipes....wish I could take a pic of these bolts....

Nite nite Kathy Ellen. Talk with ya soon. :)

That's it for me too folks. Catch y'all tomorrow! ;)
dubs

Bothwell's Pub - Part II

Post by dubs »

Kathy Ellen;891323 wrote: SORRY.....I'm loggin off now....thunderbolts and storms are abound.....Hope to talk with all soon...Yipes....wish I could take a pic of these bolts....

Are they like this KE?

Attached files

chrisb84uk

Bothwell's Pub - Part II

Post by chrisb84uk »

Morning everyone. :)

Oh yes, let's just have Chris fix the roof tiles, I mean he's only been back a day, and yet I'm already cleaning the loos and now this!! :sneaky: :D

Ah well, better get to work I guess, whilst it's still quiet.
chrisb84uk

Bothwell's Pub - Part II

Post by chrisb84uk »

Hey is that you down there Koo, I hope you can hear me from up here! :p

Besides sneezing and sniffing a lot, I'm fine thank you. Hopefully I won't end up sneezing and then flying off the roof, that would sure be painful! :wah:

Mashed veggies, ewwww that doesn't sound too nice! :(

Had a good day though?
chrisb84uk

Bothwell's Pub - Part II

Post by chrisb84uk »

Well you make sure you don't get sick ok, I mean no-one wants that, and as you say trying to look after others, let alone yourself would be a pain, so wrap up warm you hear me!! :-6

Wow I'm so glad that no-one was seriously hurt in that accident, obviously it's a shame about the car, but of course human lives come far, far higher priority. Any idea what caused the accident, anything to do with the weather or just human error?
chrisb84uk

Bothwell's Pub - Part II

Post by chrisb84uk »

Wow how horrible! I can't stand driving in fog, it's far too scary for me, much better staying indoors until it passes bye. But when it comes out of the blue, and even worse at nighttime, it really can be dangerous as your SIL sadly found out. Must have been a real shock to her I'm sure, thank goodness she is generally fine!

Oh don't you worry about me, I'm nearly done with these tiles, should be done within the next 15 minutes or so, then I can get back down off this roof. And to think I don't like heights, and yet up here I still find myself! :wah:
chrisb84uk

Bothwell's Pub - Part II

Post by chrisb84uk »

Wow now that's creepy all right, thank goodness it was just a dream, I would of woke up in a cold sweat had that been me!!

Yeah I'm ok with heights where I feel safe like in a building, but roofs and especially ladders I am just not good with, I always feel unbalanced and just can't find it within myself to go very high, (that's why my dad is always calling me a cowardly custard!) :wah:
Hope6

Bothwell's Pub - Part II

Post by Hope6 »

Hi Everybody!:-4

Chris! you should have waited, darlin i would have helped you with that roof!

i know my way around a hammer and heights don't bother me a bit!:wah:
chrisb84uk

Bothwell's Pub - Part II

Post by chrisb84uk »

Morning Hope, I hope you are well today! :)

Yep roof is all done and dusted, not a bad job if I do say so myself hahaha, and that's with not liking heights too! :D

No I did the loos yesterday, surely they don't need doing again so soon! :sneaky: :p
Hope6

Bothwell's Pub - Part II

Post by Hope6 »

koochikoo;891462 wrote: Good morning Hope, how are you today? :-6

Chris's nearly finished the roof but I believe he had some toilets to clean after that, I'm sure he'd let you help :D

:wah::wah: well i like to be of help whenever i can! :wah:
Hope6

Bothwell's Pub - Part II

Post by Hope6 »

chrisb84uk;891471 wrote: Morning Hope, I hope you are well today! :)

Yep roof is all done and dusted, not a bad job if I do say so myself hahaha, and that's with not liking heights too! :D

No I did the loos yesterday, surely they don't need doing again so soon! :sneaky: :p

awwwwww i'm sorry i missed out! i've always liked hammering nails!:wah:
chrisb84uk

Bothwell's Pub - Part II

Post by chrisb84uk »

Hahaha well if the roof should ever play up again, then I'll know who to call in that case, thanks Hope!! ;) :D

Ok I'm popping out for a while, not sure whether I will be on later, have to see how things go. If not have a great day Hope, and Koo have a lovely evening (make sure to get some sleep!!!)
Trunk Monkey

Bothwell's Pub - Part II

Post by Trunk Monkey »

Hope6

Bothwell's Pub - Part II

Post by Hope6 »

chrisb84uk;891494 wrote: Hahaha well if the roof should ever play up again, then I'll know who to call in that case, thanks Hope!! ;) :D

Ok I'm popping out for a while, not sure whether I will be on later, have to see how things go. If not have a great day Hope, and Koo have a lovely evening (make sure to get some sleep!!!)

okay! have a great day sweetheart!:-6
Hope6

Bothwell's Pub - Part II

Post by Hope6 »

Trunk Monkey;891518 wrote:

Hi PJ! :-6

how are you today?
Mustang

Bothwell's Pub - Part II

Post by Mustang »

Good morning every one, Hope your day is going well for ya. :-6 And Idgie hope that you are feeling better today nice to see ya back Babe.

Return to “Pub Nutters Inn”