Celebrities Know Best

Discuss Presidential or Prime Minister elections for all countries here.
QUINNSCOMMENTARY

Celebrities Know Best

Post by QUINNSCOMMENTARY »

According to a Harris Poll reported in USA Today, 48% of Americans said a celebrity’s support for a political candidate “probably does” influence people’s views about which candidate to support. 8% said it definitely does and 10% said not sure. The balance said probably or definitely does not.

So it would appear that the likes of Tom Cruise, Sharon Stone and perhaps even Eric Estrada can get people to vote for whom they support. And forget Oprah that’s a given. Wealthy, self-absorbed, spendthrifts who can’t stay married (even after spending $2 million on a wedding) who are good at telling us how to save the world as they jet about the globe in private jets or spend millions to have a baby in a shack in Africa are also able to help us run the country…whoopee! :-5

I know, I know, I am generalizing and I suppose there are some sincere, well informed intelligent people who can be called a celebrity and still have a functioning brain worth listening to, but those people are generally not the ones shooting off their mouths.

On the other hand, perhaps Jane Fonda (who) can help us with Iraq, she seemed to know a lot about operating an antiaircraft gun in North Vietnam (for those of you old enough to remember). Ask John McCain.

Ah, the informed voter, I am going to vote for the person who most looks like me and be done with it.

P.S. If you want to know why whomever is the next President is not going to change much of anything (except perhaps taxes), read The House
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." George Bernard Shaw

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking" Gen. George Patton

Quinnscommentary

Observations on Life. Give it a try now and tell a friend or two or fifty. ;)

Quinnscommentary Blog
QUINNSCOMMENTARY

Celebrities Know Best

Post by QUINNSCOMMENTARY »

rjwould;881727 wrote: Is thats why Charlton Heston, I mean Moses, was the poster boy for the NRA?

I guess, he carried a big stick too.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." George Bernard Shaw

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking" Gen. George Patton

Quinnscommentary

Observations on Life. Give it a try now and tell a friend or two or fifty. ;)

Quinnscommentary Blog
Tombstone

Celebrities Know Best

Post by Tombstone »

QUINNSCOMMENTARY;881720 wrote:

Ah, the informed voter, I am going to vote for the person who most looks like me and be done with it.

Ha! That's actually a good idea. Now let's see...I look more like....
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
Richard Bell

Celebrities Know Best

Post by Richard Bell »

"Rock stars...is there anything they don't know?"

Homer J. Simpson

Return to “Presidential Elections Campaigns”