Redbox Rental

Accountable

Redbox Rental

Post by Accountable »

When I lived in Las Vegas, a new video rental company named Redbox set up vending machines in every McDonald's parking lot. The DVDs were of the latest movies and rented for $1 per day. I spoke to a guy who was loading the DVDs into a machine once who said it was a test to see if it would work nationwide.

Well not long after arriving in San Antonio Redbox started popping up here. This company is great. Not the complete selection of a Blockbuster, but for a buck a day I'm not complaining. Now they have an online reservation option. Go to redbox.com and find the movie you like, put in your zip code, and it will tell you which machine has that disc available. You can reserve it on the spot, then go there at your leisure to pick it up. My beloved can call me on the cell when I'm on my way home, we'll decide which movie we want to watch, and she'll tell me where to stop to pick it up. It's great!

Is Redbox nationwide now? Anybody else use it?
cherandbuster

Redbox Rental

Post by cherandbuster »

It's not yet here in Massachusetts, Acc. I wonder if it's hit the East coast yet :-3
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

jones jones

Redbox Rental

Post by jones jones »

Accountable;804941 wrote: When I lived in Las Vegas, a new video rental company named Redbox set up vending machines in every McDonald's parking lot. The DVDs were of the latest movies and rented for $1 per day. I spoke to a guy who was loading the DVDs into a machine once who said it was a test to see if it would work nationwide.

Well not long after arriving in San Antonio Redbox started popping up here. This company is great. Not the complete selection of a Blockbuster, but for a buck a day I'm not complaining. Now they have an online reservation option. Go to redbox.com and find the movie you like, put in your zip code, and it will tell you which machine has that disc available. You can reserve it on the spot, then go there at your leisure to pick it up. My beloved can call me on the cell when I'm on my way home, we'll decide which movie we want to watch, and she'll tell me where to stop to pick it up. It's great!

jeez ... not much you can get for a buck today ... anywhere!
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
Accountable

Redbox Rental

Post by Accountable »

cherandbuster;804955 wrote: It's not yet here in Massachusetts, Acc. I wonder if it's hit the East coast yet :-3
They're in Foxboro. No I never heard of Foxboro, it's just a name they threw up on the site.

Check out www.redbox.com

Oh, and wonderful to see you back, btw. :-6
cherandbuster

Redbox Rental

Post by cherandbuster »

Accountable;804962 wrote: They're in Foxboro. No I never heard of Foxboro, it's just a name they threw up on the site.

Check out www.redbox.com

Oh, and wonderful to see you back, btw. :-6

Foxboro!! That's only 30 minutes from me! :guitarist

Wow . . . I guess I just haven't heard any advertising or promotion about Redbox.com.

. . . and may I say it's wonderful to be in your company once again :-4
Live Life with

PASSION

Accountable

Redbox Rental

Post by Accountable »

cherandbuster;804968 wrote: Foxboro!! That's only 30 minutes from me! :guitarist

Wow . . . I guess I just haven't heard any advertising or promotion about Redbox.com.

. . . and may I say it's wonderful to be in your company once again :-4
I don't think they promote at all. Who needs to with a service like this? Word of mouth will get them more than enough customers.
qsducks

Redbox Rental

Post by qsducks »

They are in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Never rented from them before.
Nomad

Redbox Rental

Post by Nomad »

Ive seen these but its still inconvenient. I cant handle the pressure of making an extra stop on the way home. Netflix is working for me.
I AM AWESOME MAN
CARLA

Redbox Rental

Post by CARLA »

Ditto I don't drop Video's off anymore not an option with my busy schedule. :D

[QUOTE]Ive seen these but its still inconvenient. I cant handle the pressure of making an extra stop on the way home. Netflix is working for me.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Marie5656

Redbox Rental

Post by Marie5656 »

Seems as if it has to be on the honor system that people will return the videos.

A local supermarket chain here has the video rental machines, but they are not Redbox, the store manages the machines themselves.
Accountable

Redbox Rental

Post by Accountable »

Marie5656;805736 wrote: Seems as if it has to be on the honor system that people will return the videos.

A local supermarket chain here has the video rental machines, but they are not Redbox, the store manages the machines themselves.
They charge by the day. After enough days they assume you want to buy the dvd and write it off.

Simple :-6
cherandbuster

Redbox Rental

Post by cherandbuster »

Marie5656;805736 wrote: Seems as if it has to be on the honor system that people will return the videos.

No well-run business would trust the honor system!

I bet you just keep getting charged $1.00 per day until the movie gets returned :-6
Live Life with

PASSION

Accountable

Redbox Rental

Post by Accountable »

cherandbuster;806028 wrote: No well-run business would trust the honor system!

I bet you just keep getting charged $1.00 per day until the movie gets returned :-6
Right. Sorry I wasn't clear about that.
cherandbuster

Redbox Rental

Post by cherandbuster »

Accountable;806032 wrote: Right. Sorry I wasn't clear about that.

Oops :)

I didn't see your post

So I basically said exactly what you did :p

Two great minds . . . right Acc? :-6
Live Life with

PASSION

Accountable

Redbox Rental

Post by Accountable »

cherandbuster;806043 wrote: Oops :)

I didn't see your post

So I basically said exactly what you did :p

Two great minds . . . right Acc? :-6
That makes you a genius!!:yh_bigsmi
cherandbuster

Redbox Rental

Post by cherandbuster »

Accountable;806062 wrote: That makes you a genius!!:yh_bigsmi

I'll see you at the next Mensa meeting :)
Live Life with

PASSION

laneybug

Redbox Rental

Post by laneybug »

Heh, I'm way up in Maine.... light years away from anything new and upcoming. For God's sake, when that new Tide To Go thing came out and was on the commercials, I could've died I wanted one so bad, (yes, I'm weird... and messy, so it would've been a great help.) It didn't get up here until, like, 6 months later. :rolleyes: Ridiculous.

If Redbox works, I'm sure it'll eventually make it's way up here. But, I haven't heard a single thing about it, yet. Personally, I like the idea of Netflix.com. And, I just have to mention, the name Redbox sounds like a new tampon company to me. Anyone else get that? :p
It is better to have your mind opened by wonder

than closed by belief.
Accountable

Redbox Rental

Post by Accountable »

Oh great! Now I have to wear sunglasses when I rent. :cool::o
Marie5656

Redbox Rental

Post by Marie5656 »

We usually just wait for the movie to come out on Pay Per View, or if we can wait, HBO or STARZ.
Accountable

Redbox Rental

Post by Accountable »

Marie5656;806616 wrote: We usually just wait for the movie to come out on Pay Per View, or if we can wait, HBO or STARZ.
How much is Pay per view?
pinkchick

Redbox Rental

Post by pinkchick »

Accountable;804941 wrote: When I lived in Las Vegas, a new video rental company named Redbox set up vending machines in every McDonald's parking lot. The DVDs were of the latest movies and rented for $1 per day. I spoke to a guy who was loading the DVDs into a machine once who said it was a test to see if it would work nationwide.

Sounds like such a cool idea!

I wish we had it here - but since we only just gok IKEA a few months back in Belfast, I'm guessing I'll be old and grey by the time it makes its way to NI :rolleyes::D
Very nearly perfect ... :D
Marie5656

Redbox Rental

Post by Marie5656 »

Accountable;806627 wrote: How much is Pay per view?

Through DirecTV it is usually $3.99 per movie. We get an all day pass, most are in HD. And sometimes if we really like the movie, we will record it to a blank DVD..but I did not tell you that.

Usually we will TiVo it, so we can watch it a couple of times, anyway. I mean with PPV, you do not get all the bells and whistles that come on some DVDs, but we do not have a problem with that.

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”