brazilians for ten year olds

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
JacksDad

Post by JacksDad »

Wtf?

:-5
suzycreamcheese

Post by suzycreamcheese »

tbh at secondary school a lot of girls are starting to shave anyway, not necessarily their pubic hair, but leg hair, so my first thought on seeing that product would be most likely that it was for that, rather than trying to lead the way for brazillian waxes for pre-teens.

I do think 10 is too young still even for leg shaving really, but im not surprised at them trying to market a hair removing cream for them.
spot

Post by spot »

Surely nobody puts products like that near their nadgers? This is depilation of the visible limbs and underarms, not the torso. There were ten-year-olds in my class at school who were so like gorillas when they stripped for gym you'd think they didn't need clothes to stay warm.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

do 10 year olds even have hair?? My eldest is 10 in feb and has none (sorry for telling FG darling lol) and it was soooo long ago I cant remember when mine began lol:wah::wah::wah:
Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

That's just sick (the website). I see no reason for a 9 or 10 year old to be shaving, or even thinking about what their pubic region looks like. :-5
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Shaving's one thing and may be necessary even for a ten year old but waxing a ten year old's punani "because no one likes hair on their nether regions" is ludicrous. Let the girls themselves decide if they like it or not, they sure as hell don't need to be told. Hopefully they have some strong female influence in their life to set them right.
grh

Post by grh »

fuzzy butt;754906 wrote: forgive me if I'm going overboard here or out of touch but does it bother anyone about this sentence on their website?

A ****ing child like appeal???:-5:-5:-5 WTF?

Would you mind posting the actual link on the site that they 'quote'. I can't seem to find it.

I'm sure it must be there, because they say it is.. i just was not able to find it.:confused:
Who are they to protest me? Who are they? Unless they've been me and been there and know what the hell they're yelling about!

:yh_glasse

rambo
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

Let kids be kids . I wouldn't of let my daughter at that age :-5
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

fuzzy butt;754895 wrote: All I can say is OH MY ******** GOD!!!! the world has gone nuts

Small children are being encouraged to rip the hair from their bodies.

EVERY woman is painfully familiar with the phrase "bad-hair day"; that handy cover-all for the times that, despite the amount of expensive hair products used and incantations to the god of hairdressing made, you are forced to go about in public looking like a family of badgers has taken up residence on your head.

But in this peculiarly tonsorial context, the definition of concern relates to the word "woman". Last year Nair, makers of hair-removal products, released their Pretty range, aimed at 10 to 15-year-olds, or, as they call them, "first-time hair removers". Yes, you heard right. Ten-year-olds. Girls — children — in grades 5 and 6, encouraged to wax and chemically remove hair from their barely pubescent bodies. As online site Gawker put it, what's next: Baby Brazilians?

http://www.theage.com.au/news/opinion/w ... 67704.html

I call bullshit.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Yes it is creepy but think of the marketing behind this. If they can convince (brainwash) a ten year old girl into thinking her body in its natural state is unclean or somehow undesirable either by men (boys) or by females themselves, then that opens the gates to all the other puckey they throw at women, such as fragranced douches, feminine hygiene sprays, kotex and tampons with perfume in them, etc. They'll be forking over cash all their adult lives with this kind of training. Society still treats women like they're nothing but dirty pipes to be cleaned. :thinking:
grh

Post by grh »

fuzzy butt;755107 wrote: I beg your pardon? What a strange thing to say, would you like to elaberate on that please?

The Age newspaper is not a tabloid newspaper. It is a rather reputable one for Victoria and Australia .

GRH

Here's your link http://www.naircare.com/default.aspx

It's in the 'nair pretty' section

I read through it and it's a little bit creepy they are treating remoaval of hair like it's the talk you give your daughter about periods...............very creepy

Okay, color me dense, but i still did not see 'the quote' you quoted in disgust earlier on the link you give on the Nair Product mentioned in the article.:confused:

Don't get me wrong. I do see it in the opinion piece and i see it referred to in several Brazilian waxing womens ads, etc.. but how does the author get from the Nair product to that quote?

I take it from other articles I see when I google that some Australian girls site apparently lifted the same info on a Brazilian, but that still doesn't tell me what in the heck that has to do with Nair or its product?

I am seriously missing this.
Who are they to protest me? Who are they? Unless they've been me and been there and know what the hell they're yelling about!

rambo
grh

Post by grh »

RedGlitter;755119 wrote: Yes it is creepy but think of the marketing behind this. If they can convince (brainwash) a ten year old girl into thinking her body in its natural state is unclean or somehow undesirable either by men (boys) or by females themselves, then that opens the gates to all the other puckey they throw at women, such as fragranced douches, feminine hygiene sprays, kotex and tampons with perfume in them, etc. They'll be forking over cash all their adult lives with this kind of training. Society still treats women like they're nothing but dirty pipes to be cleaned. :thinking:

Okay...:eek::eek:

Tell me you don't really feel this way about your body, Red!:-2 And if YOU don't, then what does it say, that you think the rest of the female population is so stupid and gullible?

rambo
abbey

Post by abbey »

grh;755127 wrote: Okay, color me dense, but i still did not see 'the quote' you quoted in disgust earlier on the link you give on the Nair Product mentioned in the article.:confused:

Don't get me wrong. I do see it in the opinion piece and i see it referred to in several Brazilian waxing womens ads, etc.. but how does the author get from the Nair product to that quote?

I take it from other articles I see when I google that some Australian girls site apparently lifted the same info on a Brazilian, but that still doesn't tell me what in the heck that has to do with Nair or its product?

I am seriously missing this.
Taken from the OP link..

Last year Nair, makers of hair-removal products, released their Pretty range, aimed at 10 to 15-year-olds, or, as they call them, "first-time hair removers". Yes, you heard right. Ten-year-olds. Girls — children — in grades 5 and 6, encouraged to wax and chemically remove hair from their barely pubescent bodies. As online site Gawker put it, what's next: Baby Brazilians?

suzycreamcheese

the rest of the female population DOESNT necessarily use all frangranced douches and perfumed tampons etc, but I do agree that there seems to be an effort to market those things to people that are insecure and tbh a lot of people fall for it and yes they probably are a bit gullible. Not necessarily stupid though
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

fuzzy butt;754906 wrote: forgive me if I'm going overboard here or out of touch but does it bother anyone about this sentence on their website?

A ****ing child like appeal???:-5:-5:-5 WTF?

The website quoted here is girl.com.au this is their section on Brazilians

Brazilian Waxing, why do we do it?

The closest waxing shave you can have. This new cult of body waxing takes us back to our roots. Removing all hair from the vagina area, the Brazilian Wax although sadistic in nature is surprisingly not as painful as you might think, to some.

Introduced to New Yorkers in 1987, the Brazilian wax emerged when seven Brazilian sisters, Jocely, Jonice, Joyce, Janea, Jussara, Juracy, and Judseia Padilha opened J. Sisters International Salon in midtown Manhattan. And women's bikini lines were changed forever!

The Brazilian bikini wax is an acquired taste and is not for everyone. Some women can endure the pain while others it's just too much to bare. For those of you interested in modeling it's a must, but I'd recommend a lead up before you take the plunge.

Brazilian waxing involves spreading hot wax your buttocks and vagina area. A cloth is patted over the wax, then pulled off. Don't be alarmed if the waxer throws your legs over your shoulder, or asks you to moon them, this is normal and ensures there are no stray hairs. A tweezer is used for the more delicate areas (red bits).

So why does it appeal. Nobody really likes hair in their private regions and this removes it.

Your Brazilian Wax will last for about one to two months before stubble appears, it may we itchy as it grows and watch out for ingrown hairs. Don't try this a home, you need to seek a professional waxer.

I can't see that quote but they may well have changed it!!

I can't see a reason why anyone would want to remove all their body hair, keep it tidy so it's not hanging out of your bikini - fair enough but for goodness sake we're women we have hair!!!

My daughter is 13, for years some of her friends have been shaving their legs - I won't let her until she really needs to (not that anyone NEEDS to, we just do it to conform)
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

grh;755130 wrote: Okay...:eek::eek:

Tell me you don't really feel this way about your body, Red!:-2 And if YOU don't, then what does it say, that you think the rest of the female population is so stupid and gullible?

Huh?

No, I don't feel that way about my own body, grh, never have, but between FDS and Massengill, I am acutely aware that I'm "supposed" to. I just woke up so I'm not sure why you thought I said all women were this gullible. I didn't. I am saying that if you pay attention to commercials for women's hygiene products, you might come away with the impression that we women are something unclean that needs to be scoured, sprayed,deodorized and hosed out. Since I was old enough to understand these things, I have been insulted by this notion and i think any woman ought to be.
grh

Post by grh »

abbey;755134 wrote: Taken from the OP link..

So I wasn't reading it wrong... Nair hasn't got anything to do actually with the Brazilian thing?:confused: 'Cause the 'Pretty range' stuff is NOT a wax:confused:or perhaps it is?

rambo
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

grh;755188 wrote: So I wasn't reading it wrong... Nair hasn't got anything to do actually with the Brazilian thing?:confused: 'Cause the 'Pretty range' stuff is NOT a wax:confused:or perhaps it is?

Last year Nair, makers of hair-removal products, released their Pretty range, aimed at 10 to 15-year-olds, or, as they call them, "first-time hair removers". Yes, you heard right. Ten-year-olds. Girls — children — in grades 5 and 6, encouraged to wax and chemically remove hair from their barely pubescent bodies.

[snip]

Well, it seems that someone heard that throwaway phrase and spied a business opportunity, because Australian website girl.com.au is now promoting a feature about Brazilian waxes, otherwise known as a torture device in which all the hair in a woman's nether regions is ripped off with a combination of hot wax and a high pain threshold. The website, which appears to be mostly read by girls in the nine to 14 age bracket, says of the Brazilian: "Nobody really likes hair in their private regions and it has a childlike appeal."

As a cosmetic pharmaceutical company, Nair is obliged to reinvent normal bodily functions as problems with handy product solutions. And the Australian arm of the company has claimed its target audience is slightly older, in an attempt to distance itself from the US campaign, which involves phrases such as "Pretty isn't a look. It's a feeling," "Nair will leave your skin smooth and totally touchable!"

Evidently the brazilian was introduced to salons by the three sisters from Brazil and now Nair has picked up on it and is marketing it to young girls.

Did I understand your question, grh?? It's still early for me. :o

I don't have a vested interest in what women do with their punani, I just don't like mysogynistic brainwash and I think trying to make a girl or a woman feel bad for being the way she is naturally made is just that, and a disgrace.
grh

Post by grh »

RedGlitter;755161 wrote: Huh?

No, I don't feel that way about my own body, grh, never have, but between FDS and Massengill, I am acutely aware that I'm "supposed" to. I just woke up so I'm not sure why you thought I said all women were this gullible. I didn't. I am saying that if you pay attention to commercials for women's hygiene products, you might come away with the impression that we women are something unclean that needs to be scoured, sprayed,deodorized and hosed out. Since I was old enough to understand these things, I have been insulted by this notion and i think any woman ought to be.

Well sure!

If you listen to the beer commercials, drinking particular brands helps you get the 'hot' chicks! Only one airline can get you where you want to be the way you want to get there..all of them! My sugar packed cereal is the ONLY one that can help you lose weight! My credit card is the ONLY one trying to put money into your pocket rather then take it out!

The real point, Red.. is that if you listen to ANY commercial out there, it's message is that IT is offering exactly what YOU really need for a better YOU and a better LIFE.

Personal hygene products? Or as I like to call it the 'old rince and vac'? Sorry girl -maybe I stink more then the average lady, or maybe it's just because I insist on a lively and heathly sex life, but you bet I use the stuff! Nothing beats the smell of waking up like you've had sex! But nothing is worse IMO then that same smell aged two days!!!:lips:

rambo
grh

Post by grh »

RedGlitter;755192 wrote: Last year Nair, makers of hair-removal products, released their Pretty range, aimed at 10 to 15-year-olds, or, as they call them, "first-time hair removers". Yes, you heard right. Ten-year-olds. Girls — children — in grades 5 and 6, encouraged to wax and chemically remove hair from their barely pubescent bodies.

[snip]

Well, it seems that someone heard that throwaway phrase and spied a business opportunity, because Australian website girl.com.au is now promoting a feature about Brazilian waxes, otherwise known as a torture device in which all the hair in a woman's nether regions is ripped off with a combination of hot wax and a high pain threshold. The website, which appears to be mostly read by girls in the nine to 14 age bracket, says of the Brazilian: "Nobody really likes hair in their private regions and it has a childlike appeal."

As a cosmetic pharmaceutical company, Nair is obliged to reinvent normal bodily functions as problems with handy product solutions. And the Australian arm of the company has claimed its target audience is slightly older, in an attempt to distance itself from the US campaign, which involves phrases such as "Pretty isn't a look. It's a feeling," "Nair will leave your skin smooth and totally touchable!"

Evidently the brazilian was introduced to salons by the three sisters from Brazil and now Nair has picked up on it and is marketing it to young girls.

Did I understand your question, grh?? It's still early for me. :o

I don't have a vested interest in what women do with their punani, I just don't like mysogynistic brainwash and I think trying to make a girl or a woman feel bad for being the way she is naturally made is just that, and a disgrace.

Everyone keeps quoting this one article. The guy is making this connection between Nair Pretty range and Brazilian waxing that I personally can't find anywhere but in his column.

I use Nair Pretty Range on the legs and semiprivates. I use the cremes and foams

here is what Nair(the bad guy in this piece) is offering for Waxing

Peach & Melon Wax Strips

Fragranced with Peach and Melon, these wax strips require no heating and are made of a high quality wax enriched with soothing chamomile extract. Easy to use, they remove the hair easily leaving the skin hair free for longer than shaving. The large strips are suitable for legs and body while the mini strips are suitable for the bikini line, face and other sensitive areas.

What is the big deal?:confused:

rambo
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

grh;755196 wrote: Well sure!

If you listen to the beer commercials, drinking particular brands helps you get the 'hot' chicks! Only one airline can get you where you want to be the way you want to get there..all of them! My sugar packed cereal is the ONLY one that can help you lose weight! My credit card is the ONLY one trying to put money into your pocket rather then take it out!

The real point, Red.. is that if you listen to ANY commercial out there, it's message is that IT is offering exactly what YOU really need for a better YOU and a better LIFE.

Personal hygene products? Or as I like to call it the 'old rince and vac'? Sorry girl -maybe I stink more then the average lady, or maybe it's just because I insist on a lively and heathly sex life, but you bet I use the stuff! Nothing beats the smell of waking up like you've had sex! But nothing is worse IMO then that same smell aged two days!!!:lips:

Good gravy, grh, you put things as bluntly as I do. :wah: Well, I can appreciate that. You're right about marketing and that's the scary thing- if we're susceptible to "beer makes your life a party" ads then what are young women seeing when FDS comes on? What's wrong with basic soap and water? We don't need to Lysol the damn thing!

I don't want to go into my personal hygiene on here but yes, I know you are correct about being....um..fresh. I'll give you that. But what about the other stuff? Do we need to coat It in flowery sprays? Wouldn't a man want a woman who smells like a woman and not petunias? Why do we need deodorant tampons? Kotex okay but until the blood makes air contact there is no odor so why are we shoving chemical laden cotton up our punani? It's because we're afraid of being offensive and if you listen to these ads, women's bodies and natural functions are offensive! I wouldn't want my daughter subjected to that and I'd hate to have to clear my son up on that misinformation as well but I would have to.

Something else...where is all the stuff for men? I don't mean Cruex, I mean the equivalent to what we women are being sold on. So far I've only seen one "personal deodorant" (crotch spray to be specific) and that was in a porn magazine. Why aren't they saying "Men! You're offensive too! Buy this stuff!" And that's what I resent the most. The hard sell on women by men...and especially by other women.
suzycreamcheese

grh;755196 wrote:

:wah::D
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

grh;755206 wrote: Everyone keeps quoting this one article. The guy is making this connection between Nair Pretty range and Brazilian waxing that I personally can't find anywhere but in his column.

I use Nair Pretty Range on the legs and semiprivates. I use the cremes and foams

here is what Nair(the bad guy in this piece) is offering for Waxing

What is the big deal?:confused:

Well *I* think the big deal is that a ten year old girl should be playing with Bratz or an erector set and not worrying if her crotch is suitably groomed for the appreciation of the male gender. They're starting them too early. That's my beef.
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

RedGlitter;755216 wrote: Well *I* think the big deal is that a ten year old girl should be playing with Bratz or an erector set and not worrying if her crotch is suitably groomed for the appreciation of the male gender. They're starting them too early. That's my beef.

Hear hear. I also don't like the emphasis that is placed on being hair free especially in the nether regions. I'm 40 not 10 and if a man wants me to look like a 10 year old I'd have some serious doubts about him.
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

Imladris;755220 wrote: Hear hear. I also don't like the emphasis that is placed on being hair free especially in the nether regions. I'm 40 not 10 and if a man wants me to look like a 10 year old I'd have some serious doubts about him.

My sentiments exactly, Immy.
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

RedGlitter;755216 wrote: Well *I* think the big deal is that a ten year old girl should be playing with Bratz or an erector set and not worrying if her crotch is suitably groomed for the appreciation of the male gender. They're starting them too early. That's my beef.

exactly! :-6
grh

Post by grh »

But....

Where is NAIR saying any of that??

Instructions for Nairs Wax Strips for legs and Body

WARNINGS

Never reapply wax to the same area within a 24 hour period. If the skin to be treated is not held taut while the strip is removed, or the strip is not pulled back quickly and close to the skin, a pinching effect may be felt, a wax residue may remain on the skin or worse, skin could be removed, resulting in injury.

CAUTION

Follow instructions exactly. Wax should not be used by people suffering from diabetes or circulatory problems or on areas with varicose veins, moles or warts. Do not wax inside nose or ears, on nipples, perianal, vaginal/genital areas or eyelashes. Do not use on irritated, inflamed or broken skin. Not suitable for people with extra sensitive or problem skin. Not recommended for the elderly or people with loose skin. Do not apply wax over sunburned, chapped, broken or sore skin, cuts, weak scars or eczema. Do not use immediately after a bath. Avoid contact with eyes. In the event of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with water and seek medical advice. Do not ingest. Failure to follow these warnings may result in severe skin irritation, skin removal or other injury. Proceed at all times with caution. Keep out of reach of children.

Great little opinion piece. May actually be factual. But before I accept it as factual because someone says it is... I'd like to see it myself!

rambo
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

fuzzy butt;755107 wrote: I beg your pardon? What a strange thing to say, would you like to elaberate on that please?

The Age newspaper is not a tabloid newspaper. It is a rather reputable one for Victoria and Australia .

GRH

Here's your link http://www.naircare.com/default.aspx

It's in the 'nair pretty' section

I read through it and it's a little bit creepy they are treating remoaval of hair like it's the talk you give your daughter about periods...............very creepy

It's very interesting to look at the difference between the .com site and the .co.uk site for the same product - on the British site it is not obvious that the product is for teens and pre-teens and the targeted sales pitch is just not there.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Re: brazilians for ten year olds

Brazillions seems like a high number, you might be able to get a couple of million if marketed right and they were really strong 10 yr olds..:wah:
suzycreamcheese

YZGI;755480 wrote: Re: brazilians for ten year olds

Brazillions seems like a high number, you might be able to get a couple of million if marketed right and they were really strong 10 yr olds..:wah:

:wah:
Mia

Post by Mia »

I am sure I had no body hair at all when I was ten,mind you they grow up quicker now.Even so they should just enjoy being kids,not worrying about a bit of fluff.Mind you have you noticed the undies available for little girls now? They are no different to what grown women wear.What happened to Bridget Jones cotton nicks I wore at school....lol I sound a right old fart.
suzycreamcheese

well its normal to not have any at 10, but its equally normal to have it at that age too, im pretty sure i did, but then i started periods at 11 too, but i thought that was kind of average/early average

Still too early to worry about depilating though, although if i had a daughter who was really bothered about her body hair i wouldnt not allow her to get rid of it if thats what she wanted. My mum always tried to stop me from shaving my legs etc, and i got picked on quite a lot for it.

Return to “General Chit Chat”