Health Query (pins needles)

john8pies

Post by john8pies »

(sorry if this isn`t in quite the right thread!)

Three times lately I`ve had to drive up to London (about 120 miles each way) and each time, after about 80 miles, I have suddenly developed horrible `pins and needles` in my right hand such that my hand feels totally numb and I am just resting it on the steering wheel.

This seems to happen regardless of other factors, eg temperature inside or outside car, whether sunroof is open, whether fan/AC is on, whether window is open, etc. However there are no other symptons and within about 30mins-1 hour of arriving at my destination, the hand is back to normal.

I may have to make an appointment to visit Dr. Sawbones but in case he just says, "It`s only pins and neeedles, you Homer-do`nut", does anybody here have the faintest idea what it may be, please? Thanks!

:confused: :confused:
abbey

Post by abbey »

john8pies wrote: (sorry if this isn`t in quite the right thread!)

Three times lately I`ve had to drive up to London (about 120 miles each way) and each time, after about 80 miles, I have suddenly developed horrible `pins and needles` in my right hand such that my hand feels totally numb and I am just resting it on the steering wheel.

This seems to happen regardless of other factors, eg temperature inside or outside car, whether sunroof is open, whether fan/AC is on, whether window is open, etc. However there are no other symptons and within about 30mins-1 hour of arriving at my destination, the hand is back to normal.

I may have to make an appointment to visit Dr. Sawbones but in case he just says, "It`s only pins and neeedles, you Homer-do`nut", does anybody here have the faintest idea what it may be, please? Thanks!

:confused: :confused:Sounds like you have circulation problems John,

best to go and see the quack just to be on the safe side.
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Just a thought John, perhaps you're gripping the steering wheel very tightly or maybe it vibrates a little. The only reason I say this is because I've been mowing my back lawn recently (I've let it go a bit...the grass is 3 feet high...and its a very looooooonnnng garden!) anyway, I find my hands are tingling like mad after an hours mowing purely because of the mowers vibrations!

Good Health! :-6 :yh_star
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

abbey wrote: Sounds like you have circulation problems John,

best to go and see the quack just to be on the safe side.True Abbey.Depends on his age too.
koan

Post by koan »

I had this happen before. It was a pinched nerve around the shoulder blade at my spine. A chiropractic adjustment fixed it. Massage would help too. Hope you find it and get it fixed. I currently have the same problem in my left foot. Haven't had full feeling in it for about four months now. It is also from a pinched nerve...but harder to adjust.
valerie

Post by valerie »

Do you keep your hands at 10 and 2 on your steering wheel? Try dropping them down.

Also, do you have a wallet in your right hip pocket? Perform a "walletectomy"

it might help, really!!
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

minks

Post by minks »

valerie wrote: Do you keep your hands at 10 and 2 on your steering wheel? Try dropping them down.

Also, do you have a wallet in your right hip pocket? Perform a "walletectomy"

it might help, really!!

You are so right about the wallet Val. It really throws a mans body out of wack when they sit on it daily.

And always J8P shift positions when you feel tingling. In your wrist is this tiny band of tendon that runs horizontal over all your vains, and if that sucker gets irritated and swollen it cuts off circulation. This is often caused by repetative action, causing carpal tunnel syndrome. Sooooo J8P just change positions often. Bend and flex the wrists, wriggle fingers, just keep things moving.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
john8pies

Post by john8pies »

Thank you all so much for your kind contributions. Let`s hope it`s nothing too evil!
minks

Post by minks »

john8pies wrote: Thank you all so much for your kind contributions. Let`s hope it`s nothing too evil!

If your hand falls off you will know you should have consulted the Dr. earlier tee hee hee
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”