Obsession

Discuss Mental Health topics & issues.
lady cop

Obsession

Post by lady cop »

anyone have experience with obsession? (not the perfume) either being the object of an obsession or being obsessive yourself? here is a random wildly improbable strictly rhetorical example~~~a person takes one sentence out of over 3000 posts and turns it into a drama surpassing War and Peace. LOL . a real bunny-boiler. :eek: soooooooooo ever been obsessed? ever had an obsessive wasting way too much time on you? :rolleyes:
BabyRider

Obsession

Post by BabyRider »

And here I thought this thread was about cologne.

Damn. For the second time today....my tongue hurts.

I'll hold off for now.... :yh_wait
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

CARLA

Obsession

Post by CARLA »

Well LC I haven't been obsessive, or been the obsession of anyone .. AMEN, YEEE HAW.. :D

I'm not one to engage in usless DIALOGUE ever, if it starts going south I'm out, it's that simple.. THE INTERNET IS A STRANGE PLACE TO CARRY ON CONVERSATIONS ANYWAY.. So in my experience if it goes into EXTREMELY long post about who know's what.. the writing is on the wall.. DON'T RESPOND, AND NOT EXPLAINATION IS EVERY NECESSARY.. :-5

My problem is I find it almost impossible to read long post period, I just lose interest, and move on to something else. ;)

BUT I'M A BITCH.. AND I'M STICKING TO MY STORY.. :sneaky:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

lady cop

Obsession

Post by lady cop »

CARLA wrote:

BUT I'M A BITCH.. AND I'M STICKING TO MY STORY.. :sneaky:which is why you are one of my best real-life friends! bring out those guns girl! :wah: i have had a few obsessive people in my experience, one was someone i arrested. they were overheard in a jail visitation telling their scumwad visitor they knew where i lived, as in a threat. so i went to the jail, got a witness, and called out the prisoner. i said 'if you come within one mile of my house i will cap your sorry ass". the prisoner was immediately reduced to sobbing apologetic rubble. so now i expect this statement to become the subject of POLICE BRUTALITY claims. :wah:
CARLA

Obsession

Post by CARLA »

Nah!! bullies back down usually, they can't take the heat.. :sneaky: You have to think fast, and try and be one step ahead of them always..

HELL IF I CARRIED A GUN, I WOULD BE REALLLLLLLLY DANGEROUS.. :D

ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

lady cop

Obsession

Post by lady cop »

CARLA wrote: Nah!! bullies back down usually, they can't take the heat.. :sneaky: You have to think fast, and try and be one step ahead of them always..

HELL IF I CARRIED A GUN, I WOULD BE REALLLLLLLLY DANGEROUS.. :Dno, you'd still be a sweetheart~~~i have a 45 on my belt, a 9mm in my socks, an m-14 in the car, and a 12 gauge in the car as well. ~~~yet i am an absolute pussycat. just like to sit by the fire and watch masterpiece theater. and knit too.
nvalleyvee

Obsession

Post by nvalleyvee »

anyone have experience with obsession? (not the perfume) either being the object of an obsession or being obsessive yourself? here is a random wildly improbable strictly rhetorical example~~~a person takes one sentence out of over 3000 posts and turns it into a drama surpassing War and Peace. LOL . a real bunny-boiler. soooooooooo ever been obsessed? ever had an obsessive wasting way too much time on you?

I have to tell you that I think this post is in direct reference to BTS. I don't post a lot but I feel this is a direct attack on him - even though you cloud it in obsession. Why can't the two of you agree to disagree? Why did you have to do this post? I think this is underhanded at best and stupid at worst.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
lady cop

Obsession

Post by lady cop »

nvalleyvee wrote: anyone have experience with obsession? (not the perfume) either being the object of an obsession or being obsessive yourself? here is a random wildly improbable strictly rhetorical example~~~a person takes one sentence out of over 3000 posts and turns it into a drama surpassing War and Peace. LOL . a real bunny-boiler. soooooooooo ever been obsessed? ever had an obsessive wasting way too much time on you?

I have to tell you that I think this post is in direct reference to BTS. I don't post a lot but I feel this is a direct attack on him - even though you cloud it in obsession. Why can't the two of you agree to disagree? Why did you have to do this post? I think this is underhanded at best and stupid at worst.nooooo~~~nothing underhanded here.BTS? who's that? and the last thing i am is stupid.
BTS

Obsession

Post by BTS »

lady cop wrote: nooooo~~~nothing underhanded here.BTS? who's that? and the last thing i am is stupid.
BTS WHO????????????????

BTS me....................

Still waiting for your post that shows I came here to harrass you.........

As Promised.....

PLEEEEEZZZZ
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
Jives

Obsession

Post by Jives »

Ummm....I'm obessed with videogames, does that count?
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
hotsauce

Obsession

Post by hotsauce »

I'm obsessed with my new tree. Last night hub told me to roll over. I said in my sleep "if I get a new tree, do you think it will help me stay on my side of the bed better?".
BTS

Obsession

Post by BTS »

Dana71 wrote: I lied..Im obsessed with the internet, somebody needs to come to my house and take me away to computer detox center. :) I am sending them RIGHT over Dana..........ASAP

http://www.computeraddiction.com/

Computer / Internet Addiction - Self Diagnosis

Ten Symptoms of Computer Addiction (by James Fearing, Ph.D.)

A demonstrated "loss of control" when trying to stop or limit the amount of time on the computer. (Breaking promises to self or others. Promising to quit or cut down and not being able to do so)

Being dishonest or minimizing the extent of the time you stay on the computer, or covering up or being dishonest about what activities you participate in when on the computer.

Negative consequences experienced by the computer user or his/her friends or family as a direct result of time or activities spent on the computer.

Participation in high risk or normally unacceptable behaviors when using the computer. Compromising your morals and values based on the opportunity to remain anonymous and protected on the computer. (a good test for this is to ask yourself if your spouse, partner or family would approve of what you were doing on the computer)

An overdeveloped sense of importance for the computer in ones life. Defending your right to use the computer as much as desired, regardless of the fact that people in your life are feeling left out and neglected. (denial of the problem and justification; not being able to hear or feel what the other people are saying regarding your computer behavior)

Mixed feelings of euphoria (a "rush"), combined with feelings of guilt brought on by either the inordinate amount of time spent on the computer or the abnormal behavior acted out while using the computer.

Feelings of depression or anxiety when something or someone shortens your time or interrupts your plans to use the computer.

Preoccupation with the computer and computer activities when you are not using the computer (thinking about the computer and its activities when doing something else; i.e. having a family dinner, working on project deadline etc.)

Finding yourself using the computer at times when you are feeling uncomfortable, irritated, or sad about something happening in your life. ( feeling uncomfortable in your relationship, so you will self medicate and "hide out" on the computer) Using time on the computer to become externally focused outside yourself as a way to avoid facing what is happening in your life, and avoiding feeling the appropriate feelings inside yourself. (self medicating)

Experiencing financial concerns or problems in your life as a result of money being spent on computer hardware, computer on-line charges, or any other costs associated with computers. (Spending money on computer related items which should have been allocated to other normal living expenses)

If you said yes to one question you may have a problem with computer addiction. If you said yes to two questions, there is a good chance you do have a problem with computer addiction. If you answered yes to three or more, you are demonstrating a pattern of behavior which would suggest that you are addicted to your computer and/or the activities on it.
"If America Was A Tree, The Left Would Root For The Termites...Greg Gutfeld."
capt_buzzard

Obsession

Post by capt_buzzard »

America seems to be obsessed with Guns. And some of it came here via USA. But we won't go into that. :-5
persephone

Obsession

Post by persephone »

I seem to have an obsession with fudge at the moment... Far too sickly and fattening, but I must have fudge :lips:

Anything else I refuse to admit to, I'm in denial you see ;)
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
capt_buzzard

Obsession

Post by capt_buzzard »

letha wrote: I seem to have an obsession with fudge at the moment... Far too sickly and fattening, but I must have fudge :lips:

Anything else I refuse to admit to, I'm in denial you see ;)WOW, I love fudge made in Britain
persephone

Obsession

Post by persephone »

capt_buzzard wrote: WOW, I love fudge made in Britain
Hmmm, the nice fat chunks roughly cut, that melt in your mouth and make you feel just a little sick but the flavour is just so devine mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
capt_buzzard

Obsession

Post by capt_buzzard »

Bassords I think make it, don't know if the spelling is right? They also make AllSorts sweets
RedSoxFan

Obsession

Post by RedSoxFan »

I have an obsession with the Red Sox, but I think most of you already knew that.
I try to please one person a day. Today is not your day, and tomorrow looks bad too.
lady cop

Obsession

Post by lady cop »

RedSoxFan wrote: I have an obsession with the Red Sox, but I think most of you already knew that.my three sons do also......... i have an obsession with my job. can't let it go even when i am off duty. everywhere i go i run into people i arrested. but am always friendly with them.
persephone

Obsession

Post by persephone »

capt_buzzard wrote: Bassords I think make it, don't know if the spelling is right? They also make AllSorts sweets
Bassets is the one you are thinking of. I prefer the more homemade types, mind you when I think about the sweet stalls that's most likely Bassets.
capt_buzzard

Obsession

Post by capt_buzzard »

letha wrote: Bassets is the one you are thinking of. I prefer the more homemade types, mind you when I think about the sweet stalls that's most likely Bassets.That's it. I just love their sweets (Candy USA).
Nomad

Obsession

Post by Nomad »

*scumwad*

?????

Scumwad ? This is new !

Descriptive yet somehow riding along the edge of quaint subtlety.

I like it ! :)
I AM AWESOME MAN
Nomad

Obsession

Post by Nomad »

But I digress...........back to the topic at hand

obsessions ? hmmm

my car...you best have clean shoes when you get in it or................or................well Ill think of something ! :mad:
I AM AWESOME MAN
buttercup

Obsession

Post by buttercup »

ive had to deal with a stalker before, wouldent wish it on anyone
minks

Obsession

Post by minks »

My oldest daughter went through an entire year of being the object of a fellow students obsession, it was not pleasant, this kid was downright cruel to her.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West

Return to “Mental Health”