I Hate Banks!!!!

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
RedGlitter

I Hate Banks!!!!

Post by RedGlitter »

From now on I'm keeping my damn money in a zippy bag in the toilet tank. I've had enough of bankitude!

I pick up a thousand dollar check this morning. Made out to my business. I go to deposit it at my bank and they won't honor it because they say I'm in arrears from a year ago.

I DIDN'T HAVE THIS ACCOUNT A YEAR AGO!!!! WTF???! On my personal account I *was* in arrears and knew it. So I prepare to pay with part of the big check I just brought in. Oh well they can't do that. This is my SECOND trip today to this piece of **** bank (Bank of America and Illegal Aliens) because the first time I went they needed DOCUMENTATION to prove I was a business. AUUUUUGGGHHHH!!!!

This snide little thang behind the desk is giving me all sorts of hoops to jump through. It went like this:

Me: If you took money from my deposit the last time I was in arrears why can't you do it now?

Her: I'm sorry, Sharon says there's nothing we can do.

Me: You did it last time. I don't understand. The money is laying right there. *points to check* Last time I did this, Lori ran it right through.

Her: Well you need to call collections and blablablablaba it'll only take ten days-

Me: I don't have ten days. Let me explain where I'm coming from. I have eight dogs that are depending on this money. If I don't get them out this week they die. That's the deal.

Her: Well you shouldn't have let your account go like that.

Me: You know I don't need attitude-

Her: I don't have an attitude.

Me: Well I'm seeing one and I don't need it. It seems Lori can do these same things just fine but when she's not here no one can do their job.

Her: Well Lori does things she shouldn't do-

Me: Well I'm sure Lori'll like knowing she does her job wrong! There's always a problem with you people every time I come here.

Her: I'll be sure to tell Lori about this conversation.

I walked out.

Hand to God if I wouldn't have gone to jail for it, I would have reached over and slapped her smirky face when she told me how to handle my account. This skanklet is like, 27 tops if even that. Call me ageist but I'm 41 years old and I don't take **** from 20 somethings. I have underwear that have seen more experience than she has!

Why do bankers always wear those fakeass nails that get wide at the ends like spatulas stuck on every finger?? And they can never type with them!

So I was HOT.

Came home, called another bank and asked what I needed to open a business account. I need the usual plus a "fictitious filing" that states I'm "Terri W. doing business as." I don't know what the hell that is! What I have is a letter from the IRS stating I'm a 501 (c)3 nonprofit; that's always been good enough. I can go file this fictitious thing with the newspaper. Ok, fine I would do all this crap except I AM ON A SERIOUSASS TIME CONSTRAINT!! Dang NABBIT man!!

So I called the lawyer and asked if they can cut me a new check under my own name. Explained why. I'm waiting on his call.

EVERYTHING was going according to plan up until I went to the Bank of America and Illegal Aliens!!

I was so pissed I chewed off my two best, longest fingernails.

DAMN!!! I want a piece of somebody!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:
cars

I Hate Banks!!!!

Post by cars »

That really stinks RG! Know what you mean about how some "youngsters" just bearly dry behind the ears, acting all worldly and such, and making like they are superior!:rolleyes:

Call the bank tomorrow and see if Lori is there, if not, find out if she will be there within the required time frame! As you said, she did it before, she can do it again! Good Luck!!!
Cars :)
Lon

I Hate Banks!!!!

Post by Lon »

RedGlitter;675216 wrote: From now on I'm keeping my damn money in a zippy bag in the toilet tank. I've had enough of bankitude!

I pick up a thousand dollar check this morning. Made out to my business. I go to deposit it at my bank and they won't honor it because they say I'm in arrears from a year ago.

I DIDN'T HAVE THIS ACCOUNT A YEAR AGO!!!! WTF???! On my personal account I *was* in arrears and knew it. So I prepare to pay with part of the big check I just brought in. Oh well they can't do that. This is my SECOND trip today to this piece of **** bank (Bank of America and Illegal Aliens) because the first time I went they needed DOCUMENTATION to prove I was a business. AUUUUUGGGHHHH!!!!

This snide little thang behind the desk is giving me all sorts of hoops to jump through. It went like this:

Me: If you took money from my deposit the last time I was in arrears why can't you do it now?

Her: I'm sorry, Sharon says there's nothing we can do.

Me: You did it last time. I don't understand. The money is laying right there. *points to check* Last time I did this, Lori ran it right through.

Her: Well you need to call collections and blablablablaba it'll only take ten days-

Me: I don't have ten days. Let me explain where I'm coming from. I have eight dogs that are depending on this money. If I don't get them out this week they die. That's the deal.

Her: Well you shouldn't have let your account go like that.

Me: You know I don't need attitude-

Her: I don't have an attitude.

Me: Well I'm seeing one and I don't need it. It seems Lori can do these same things just fine but when she's not here no one can do their job.

Her: Well Lori does things she shouldn't do-

Me: Well I'm sure Lori'll like knowing she does her job wrong! There's always a problem with you people every time I come here.

Her: I'll be sure to tell Lori about this conversation.

I walked out.

Hand to God if I wouldn't have gone to jail for it, I would have reached over and slapped her smirky face when she told me how to handle my account. This skanklet is like, 27 tops if even that. Call me ageist but I'm 41 years old and I don't take **** from 20 somethings. I have underwear that have seen more experience than she has!

Why do bankers always wear those fakeass nails that get wide at the ends like spatulas stuck on every finger?? And they can never type with them!

So I was HOT.

Came home, called another bank and asked what I needed to open a business account. I need the usual plus a "fictitious filing" that states I'm "Terri W. doing business as." I don't know what the hell that is! What I have is a letter from the IRS stating I'm a 501 (c)3 nonprofit; that's always been good enough. I can go file this fictitious thing with the newspaper. Ok, fine I would do all this crap except I AM ON A SERIOUSASS TIME CONSTRAINT!! Dang NABBIT man!!

So I called the lawyer and asked if they can cut me a new check under my own name. Explained why. I'm waiting on his call.

EVERYTHING was going according to plan up until I went to the Bank of America and Illegal Aliens!!

I was so pissed I chewed off my two best, longest fingernails.

I can certainly understand the banks position. Lori should be seriously reprimanded for screwing up. You were in arrears period, and that just ain't good from the banks point of view. The fact that you had another account doesn't matter. You are the same person. You may wait forever on the call from the lawyer and then get a bill from him for the time on the phone.
RedGlitter

I Hate Banks!!!!

Post by RedGlitter »

Actually Lon, it was this young woman who screwed up. Lori is the branch manager and has about 20+ years of banking behind her compared to this new young thing. In other words, knows things this girl hadn't had time to learn. Being in arrears is my fault, but the bank was foolish to not take the money when it was handed to them.
chonsigirl

I Hate Banks!!!!

Post by chonsigirl »

Banks are a pain sometimes. I took my son to try out the Bank of America new ATM's to deposit his work checks. One was broken, so we went to the drive through. We walked to it, didn't want to waste the gas. What a pain that was standing behind the stinky SUV's.....................
Lon

I Hate Banks!!!!

Post by Lon »

RedGlitter;675254 wrote: Actually Lon, it was this young woman who screwed up. Lori is the branch manager and has about 20+ years of banking behind her compared to this new young thing. In other words, knows things this girl hadn't had time to learn. Being in arrears is my fault, but the bank was foolish to not take the money when it was handed to them.

OK----------------Sounds reasonable :-6
Mystery

I Hate Banks!!!!

Post by Mystery »

In the interest of us dumb 20 somethings - we're not all dummies who can't do our jobs. Sounds to me this girl's problem isn't her age, so much as her attitude.
Accountable

I Hate Banks!!!!

Post by Accountable »

RedGlitter;675216 wrote: I was so pissed I chewed off my two best, longest fingernails. :mad::mad::mad:
Maybe banker girl has a spare spatula nail. :yh_bigsmi
RedGlitter

I Hate Banks!!!!

Post by RedGlitter »

Accountable;675332 wrote: Maybe banker girl has a spare spatula nail. :yh_bigsmi

:wah:

Thanks Guys, you've made me feel better already.

Oh Mystery, I didn't mean to come down on all 20 somethings. Just this one in particular right now. And you're right, it's attitude more than age.

:-6
neffy

I Hate Banks!!!!

Post by neffy »

banks pain in the ass:-2 i had an over draught a few years ago i worked alot of over time and had a good wage that mth.I the buggers took all my wages with intrest so i have not one penny left.

Needless to say i stuck a swift 2 fingers and have never looked.My dad sometimes had the right idea ,he did put his money under the floor boards:wah::wah:
The rottie queen
Madcow

I Hate Banks!!!!

Post by Madcow »

RedGlitter;675216 wrote: From now on I'm keeping my damn money in a zippy bag in the toilet tank. I've had enough of bankitude!

- rightful rantage about bank of grrrrrrrr-

OMFG I HATE BANK OF AMERICA. Your best bet is to find a local credit union bank, Thats what I did in the states. Because they are smaller and appreciate your business they are more understanding and will try to ensure you are happy, unlike Bank of A**holes.
Imladris

I Hate Banks!!!!

Post by Imladris »

I used to work for a bank..............when I was in my 20's.....................don't hate me RG!!!!!!!!!:yh_cry:yh_cry
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
[love]light

I Hate Banks!!!!

Post by [love]light »

Accountable;675332 wrote: Maybe banker girl has a spare spatula nail. :yh_bigsmi

ha. fake nails irk me. they are up there with botox, weave, and Bank of America.

I also bank with them. I like to jump in my car and travel, so I thought this would be the best choice. They have banks all over, um, America. Fact I learned too late, they do NOT have banks in all major cities.

They shuffle around withdrawls as to suck the most $35 fees out of you when you go over. F'ers.

I am now a starving student who is getting screwed by Financial Aid. Give me my $70 back. I called customer service begging for a reversal. The lady said no, and asked me if there was anything else she could do for me.

"Can you buy my dogs some dog food?"

"No, ma'am, I am unable to do that."

"F you"
The most important things in life are:

laughter, love, and a healthy appreciation for the dark side!

RedGlitter

I Hate Banks!!!!

Post by RedGlitter »

Madcow;675457 wrote: OMFG I HATE BANK OF AMERICA. Your best bet is to find a local credit union bank, Thats what I did in the states. Because they are smaller and appreciate your business they are more understanding and will try to ensure you are happy, unlike Bank of A**holes.

Credit Union bank? I can look into that. Thanks Madcow. I'm glad it's not just me that hates BOA! I've had nothing but probs with them for the last 7 years! And it's never their fault right? :-5

Imladris;675466 wrote: I used to work for a bank..............when I was in my 20's.....................don't hate me RG!!!!!!!!!:yh_cry:yh_cry

:wah: I won't hate you, Immy! I was a telemarketer in my 20s...you won't hold that against me, will you?

'[love wrote: light;675473']ha. fake nails irk me. they are up there with botox, weave, and Bank of America.

I also bank with them. I like to jump in my car and travel, so I thought this would be the best choice. They have banks all over, um, America. Fact I learned too late, they do NOT have banks in all major cities.

Isn't that stupid?!

They shuffle around withdrawls as to suck the most $35 fees out of you when you go over. F'ers.

I KNOW IT!! Bloodsucking leeches!! Downey only charges $22. Only....well.

I am now a starving student who is getting screwed by Financial Aid. Give me my $70 back. I called customer service begging for a reversal. The lady said no, and asked me if there was anything else she could do for me.

Yeah I hate that too: "no we can't fix your problem, is there anything else I can help you with?" Lady, you haven't helped me YET!

"Can you buy my dogs some dog food?"

"No, ma'am, I am unable to do that."

"F you"

That is perfect!
Nomad

I Hate Banks!!!!

Post by Nomad »

This thread has gotten way way out of hand. Everyones tempers are flaring (probably nostrils too)

We all need to take a step back and place our index finger and thumbs together and say ***ohhmmm** **ohhmmm**

Lets all do this now, shall we ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
[love]light

I Hate Banks!!!!

Post by [love]light »

Nomad;675787 wrote: This thread has gotten way way out of hand. Everyones tempers are flaring (probably nostrils too)

We all need to take a step back and place our index finger and thumbs together and say ***ohhmmm** **ohhmmm**

Lets all do this now, shall we ?

To quote the classic movie "Friday":

"Messing with my money is like messing with my emotions."
The most important things in life are:

laughter, love, and a healthy appreciation for the dark side!

DelicateDominatrix

I Hate Banks!!!!

Post by DelicateDominatrix »

I dont blame you for being so mad hun hugs.I would have blown up at her too and walked out.I hope you find a better bank to deal with hugs.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

I Hate Banks!!!!

Post by Bryn Mawr »

I'm fairly sure that in this country their action would be illegal.

The fact that you are the account signatory and that your personal account is overdrawn is immaterial. The account they are playing with is owned by the company as a legal entity.

It's like BoA refusing to honour a check to Micro$oft because their accountant was overdrawn in his private account - it wouldn't happen because the money does not belong to the accountant it belongs to the company he is representing.

If, for example, the company needed to pay its annual tax bill to the IRS and couldn't because the account signatory's personal account is overdrawn, I believe that the IRS would be non too pleased with the bank - they are not fulfilling their duty to provide a service to a legal entity without justification.

I would take this to the bank's area manager as an official complaint in the name of the Company Secretary / Director (whichever is not you) under headed letterhead.
RedGlitter

I Hate Banks!!!!

Post by RedGlitter »

Bryn, I never would have thought of that. It makes perfect sense. I'm not sure if it's ever like that over here but it's certainly worth finding out. I will do just what you said. Thank you for the advice. :-6
Nomad

I Hate Banks!!!!

Post by Nomad »

I Hate Banks!!!!

I hate lawn furniture stores. :-5 God !
I AM AWESOME MAN
RedGlitter

I Hate Banks!!!!

Post by RedGlitter »

Nomad;676581 wrote: I Hate Banks!!!!

I hate lawn furniture stores. :-5 God !

:wah: You got kicked outta Home Depot again huh? :wah:

I told ya not to lick the paint chips!
Accountable

I Hate Banks!!!!

Post by Accountable »

I think Bryn's idea works if you incorporate. If you're a sole proprietorship, you could lose your business to bad personal debt or have to claim personal bankrupcy because of business debts (as I understand it).
RedGlitter

I Hate Banks!!!!

Post by RedGlitter »

Accountable;676674 wrote: I think Bryn's idea works if you incorporate. If you're a sole proprietorship, you could lose your business to bad personal debt or have to claim personal bankrupcy because of business debts (as I understand it).

That's cool, as we are incorporated! :)

I did go to a new bank today and got the account opened with no probs. The rest of my deal went sour but the bank went ok.

Return to “General Chit Chat”