Appraisals

A forum to discuss your work and issues regarding employment.
Carl44

Appraisals

Post by Carl44 »

helefra;542269 wrote: I've got an appraisal due and I have had many good appraisals so far (fortunately). This is the first appraisal I'm having since I started in my new job last year. I always find appraisals rather daunting but once you go through them it tends to be okay.

If you've ever had an appraisal, let me know how yours was, whether good or bad.

you will do fine carter , your a smart , lovably , smart alec typa girl :-4 :D :-6
Elvira

Appraisals

Post by Elvira »

I have my own twice yearly appraisal, and I have to do the appraisals of my team members. I find those of others more difficult than my own.

The key to all is preparation. Make sure that you understand what your objectives were last year and think about how you have achieved them.

Look at the core competencies of your role, and be able to give examples of how you have worked towards succeding at these.
mikeinie

Appraisals

Post by mikeinie »

I have no problems with appraisals, I have two a year and I look forward to them. I see then as a chance to present the work and accomplishments that I have during the year. I see it as not so much as them assessing me, but me reporting to my management the good work I have done. I go in prepared and with examples of what I have worked on and the results.

This way, it is not a situation where you are going in just to sit and listen to what the management has to say about you, but the opposite, you tell them what you need to assist you in continued success.

It is all about how you look at things!

;)

Return to “Work Employment”