First Hockey Game

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
Sheryl

First Hockey Game

Post by Sheryl »

Last night I attended my first hockey game. It wasn't a NHL game, it was a smaller league. The Amarillo Gorillas were playing the Shreveport Lobsters or Lobster CLaws. I could never understand the announcer or get a good look at the jerseys. I must say it was an expierence. I had a hard time keeping up with where the puck was. Only time I knew that the Gorillas had scored was because of the audience cheering.

I guess I should of read up on the rules of hockey before going. I didn't understand half the reasons for penalities. What the heck is icing???

I had a great time though. Just not sure if I'll go to another game.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Nomad

First Hockey Game

Post by Nomad »

Hockey is a great sport.

If you have kids you should encourage them to try it. Your in Tx. ? You must have indoor rinks ???

Hockey in Minnesota is an institution.

I grew up playing, I still go out and slap a puck against the boards once in awhile.
I AM AWESOME MAN
SOJOURNER

First Hockey Game

Post by SOJOURNER »

I love hockey. When my husband and I were dating he intoduced me to the sport. I really got hooked on it and we were going at least 3 times a week. We love sitting right behind the goalie . . . . . .
Sheryl

First Hockey Game

Post by Sheryl »

Sorry Nomad I don't they have a childrens hockey league here. The ice after the games is melted.

I like to watch hockey on tv cause there's an announcer and replay of what happened. But watching it live was pretty exciting espicially when someone would get slammed into the glass.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Nomad

First Hockey Game

Post by Nomad »

Sheryl wrote: Sorry Nomad I don't they have a childrens hockey league here. The ice after the games is melted.

I like to watch hockey on tv cause there's an announcer and replay of what happened. But watching it live was pretty exciting espicially when someone would get slammed into the glass.

Too bad, its a unique sport.

Yea live is very cool, its so fast and physical, theres nothing quite like it.
I AM AWESOME MAN
robinseggs

First Hockey Game

Post by robinseggs »

LOVE HOCKEY!!!!!! Tickets here for Blues got to be so expensive that many people couldn't go to games anymore.....then the players got so stingy wanting more money (pathetic), they went on strike. Didn't get what they wanted/eventually started playing again and now they SUCK!! Ticket prices have gone way down, as people have lost interest in them....GOOD RIDDENS!!!

Too bad I love hockey so much. But you won't catch me at a game here again.
Nature laughs Last
K.Snyder

First Hockey Game

Post by K.Snyder »

My grandfather took me to my first hockey game when I was about 13 or 14...

I loved it...

I played street hockey all of the time, and then played ice hockey for a year...I led the team in assists for a while, but I didn't keep track because the coach always kept the stats, and I didn't care about anything other than winning...Hockey is very expensive from my own experience, therefore I didn't ask my parents to put me through anymore leagues...

I would love to be able to get into an amateur league, but I don't know if they even have those...I'll check into it(or at least some open skates that allow hockey).
mikeinie

First Hockey Game

Post by mikeinie »

I love ice hockey, grew up with it in Canada. I now live in Ireland and I laugh every time I see a soccer game, as soon as a player is even lightly touched the entire team falls down rolling around the ground in pain. In ice hockey, players take a kick ass beating and keep on playing.:)
mikeinie

First Hockey Game

Post by mikeinie »

mikeinie;642926 wrote: I love ice hockey, grew up with it in Canada. I now live in Ireland and I laugh every time I see a soccer game, as soon as a player is even lightly touched the entire team falls down rolling around the ground in pain. In ice hockey, players take a kick ass beating and keep on playing.:)

Hey Pinky, if you read this... have you ever been to a Belfast Giants game?
observer1

First Hockey Game

Post by observer1 »

I won tickets to see the Hershey Bears this past winter. Now I'm hooked! Been to 3 games so far. The Bears won the Calder cup in 2006 & ALMOST won it this year as well!

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”