Frustrated and scared

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
Peg

Frustrated and scared

Post by Peg »

I'm frustrated and scared as hell. A week ago today, less than 2 miles from me, a man tried to get an 18 year old female into his vehicle. He was naked from the waist down. 2 days later, he DID kidnap and rape an 11 year old girl about 15 miles from here. Luckily, he let her go in a town about 12 miles away. She gave a great description of him and his truck. The FBI was in my town Friday. They were taking his composite and a pic of a similar truck around. He had been sited here. I'm scared to death for my daughter and her friends. With them showing the composite and a similar truck, you'd think someone would say, "Hey. That's my neighbor, boyfriend, husband" SOMETHING! I am mad as hell that I have to live in fear because of this guy. Just thought I'd vent a little.:-5
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Frustrated and scared

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

Peg;559512 wrote: I'm frustrated and scared as hell. A week ago today, less than 2 miles from me, a man tried to get an 18 year old female into his vehicle. He was naked from the waist down. 2 days later, he DID kidnap and rape an 11 year old girl about 15 miles from here. Luckily, he let her go in a town about 12 miles away. She gave a great description of him and his truck. The FBI was in my town Friday. They were taking his composite and a pic of a similar truck around. He had been sited here. I'm scared to death for my daughter and her friends. With them showing the composite and a similar truck, you'd think someone would say, "Hey. That's my neighbor, boyfriend, husband" SOMETHING! I am mad as hell that I have to live in fear because of this guy. Just thought I'd vent a little.:-5

Hey Peg it's good to vent . They'll get the guy , he doesn't sound to smart .
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
RedGlitter

Frustrated and scared

Post by RedGlitter »

I hope your daughter and friends travel in a pack and limit their travels as much as possible for a while. Do they have male friends or family who could hang out with them when they go out? Have they got pepper spray ro something they could use?

This is just creepy and terrible. And you watch yourself too, Peg. Be aware of everything around you all the time. :(
spot

Frustrated and scared

Post by spot »

What RG said - definitely stay prudent until they've made an arrest you consider credible.

Given which, if you stay prudent, why is there a need for fear as well?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Peg

Frustrated and scared

Post by Peg »

Because it only takes a split second.

I intend to find out what precautions our schools are taking.

The 11 year old was with a friend when she got kidnapped.
crazygal

Frustrated and scared

Post by crazygal »

OMG that is so so scarey, I don't blame you for being scared. It's amazing when you look into it how many pedos live closeby. Hard to let your kids out at all.
SuzyB

Frustrated and scared

Post by SuzyB »

A few years ago their was some fruit cake, raping women in the M25 perimeter, he was arrested finally after 8 or so months, one of his victims was my niece's friends, an eleven year old girl not only did he rape her he beat her and she was left with only 5 teeth in her mouth. His wife has stood by him :mad: :mad:

Be vigilant Peg, I hope he is caught very soon.
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

chonsigirl

Frustrated and scared

Post by chonsigirl »

Does she have a cell phone she can carry with her? Students are allowed to take cell phones to school, if they lock them up during class time. But it can be turned on as soon as the final bell rings, and going into the school. This is just a thought, many of my students-who are 11-12 years olds-carry cell phones.
crazygal

Frustrated and scared

Post by crazygal »

SuzyB;560088 wrote: A few years ago their was some fruit cake, raping women in the M25 perimeter, he was arrested finally after 8 or so months, one of his victims was my niece's friends, an eleven year old girl not only did he rape her he beat her and she was left with only 5 teeth in her mouth. His wife has stood by him :mad: :mad:

That's disgusting. I have a friend who's dad abused her for years and her mum stayed with him too. It messed her up for life.
saffy

Frustrated and scared

Post by saffy »

SuzyB;560088 wrote: A few years ago their was some fruit cake, raping women in the M25 perimeter, he was arrested finally after 8 or so months, one of his victims was my niece's friends, an eleven year old girl not only did he rape her he beat her and she was left with only 5 teeth in her mouth. His wife has stood by him :mad: :mad:

This bloke attacked a girl on her way home from school in my home town just a mile or so from my house.

It's so odd when you see pics of them how ordinary they look (when you know what they have done I expect them to look monster like), it's easy to see how they can avoid capture for so long.
SuzyB

Frustrated and scared

Post by SuzyB »

saffy;560191 wrote: This bloke attacked a girl on her way home from school in my home town just a mile or so from my house.

It's so odd when you see pics of them how ordinary they look (when you know what they have done I expect them to look monster like), it's easy to see how they can avoid capture for so long.

Thats half the problem, look at Ted Bundy, he looked normal and he was a total fruit loop :mad:
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

saffy

Frustrated and scared

Post by saffy »

The best thing we can do is to ensure kids are as streetwise as possible.

Remember they are more likely to die from an RTA than at the hands of a paedophile.
Indian Princess

Frustrated and scared

Post by Indian Princess »

When not if, I beleive an eye for an eye, and then work your way down to his most painful organ, drawn and quartered!
RedGlitter

Frustrated and scared

Post by RedGlitter »

I think this is a strong case for teaching girls some serious defense tactics. Why wait until they're women? There are specific tapes you can buy and classes you can take that will demonstrate to a regular person how to fend off an attacker. Sure, it might anger the creep and he may do worse, but it may also render the girl as not worth his time when there are easier picks available.

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”