AUSSIEPAM and lulu meet!

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
Lulu2

AUSSIEPAM and lulu meet!

Post by Lulu2 »

And what fun it was!

We met at the airport, on AussiePam's way home from a ski trip. Unfortunately, it was only for a few hours....but long enough for me to realize that her online persona is EXACTLY her real life persona....she's smart and witty and, most of all, INTERESTING!

Now...you all may be jealous and GREEN with envy!
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Lulu2

AUSSIEPAM and lulu meet!

Post by Lulu2 »

That is only because we were on our very BEST behaviour! (Please notice the spelling?)

Let's see....we talked about politics and politicians and how one becomes interested and involved in politics.

We talked about children and being a mom and religion and men and life and love. We talked about husbands, too, and women friends. We talked about our children and how their world will be so different from the one we inherited.

We talked about funny travel stories and how religion shapes womens' lives.

We talked about how, as young women, we made decisions which have shaped the selves of the people we are today.

We talked about the internet and how INCREDIBLY it has changed our lives...bringing friends and joys we'd never have imagined!

And, naturally....WE GOSSIPED!

(Not about YOU, of course......)
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Lulu2

AUSSIEPAM and lulu meet!

Post by Lulu2 »

Thanks, Wendy! It's a pleasure I've known before, but NEVER, EVER get tired of....meeting someone you've only "known" on the internet. When the person turns out to be as delightful, congenial and interesting as AussieP--then your life is completely enriched!

I've met Rain and Zapata and about ten other "cyber friends," and will never tire of the fun of seeing someone in the flesh that you've actually "met" in a "place" which doesn't exist.

I've said this before but I'll say it again....THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THAN WOMEN FRIENDS!
Rapunzel

AUSSIEPAM and lulu meet!

Post by Rapunzel »

Lulu2;547119 wrote: I've said this before but I'll say it again....THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THAN WOMEN FRIENDS!

Yay! You gals ROCK! :-6

And I'm not in the least bit jealous.............................

ahem...
Galbally

AUSSIEPAM and lulu meet!

Post by Galbally »

That is cool girls, it sounds like you two had a great time, and I would imagine you had a lot to talk about, brilliant. :-6
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
Lulu2

AUSSIEPAM and lulu meet!

Post by Lulu2 »

Pinks, a couple of photos were taken but I've no idea if they were "good." A'P has them in her camera, so we'll see what they look like.

Naturally, we were RADIANT.

:p
Marie5656

AUSSIEPAM and lulu meet!

Post by Marie5656 »

WHAT???? You were in the country, and didn't call me to meet you at LAX too? I mean I am only 3000 miles away!! :yh_rotfl
Betty Boop

AUSSIEPAM and lulu meet!

Post by Betty Boop »

Glad you met, bet it was cool! :-6
AussiePam

AUSSIEPAM and lulu meet!

Post by AussiePam »

GOOD GRIEF!!!!! Blush!!! Lulu, you are too kind !!!!!!

And I recognised Lulu the moment I saw her and she too is just like she is on line - articulate, intelligent, thoughtful and brimming with fun. And absolutely INTERESTING!!! Our few hours together raced by!

A couple of photos did get taken, and I think I can say that we both categorically deny that these showed us dancing a fandango. As for gossip - moi? Never! :sneaky: But we did have a great yack about life, love, the universe, everything!

Women friends - yes!!! :-4

[Jetlagged somewhat bleary smiley]

:D
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Rain

AUSSIEPAM and lulu meet!

Post by Rain »

I'm so glad you 2 got to meet. I know how it went, because I've met Lulu twice and it's Always a blast! Wish I could have joined you. Can't wait to see the photo's.
AussiePam

AUSSIEPAM and lulu meet!

Post by AussiePam »

G'day Lulu, Diuretic, Rain, Rapunzel, Marie, Pinky, Betty Boop, Galbally !!!!!! It's the middle of the night in Australia and I'm wide awake (grin).

Diuretic - The Sydney/Canberra part of the Wide Brown Land apparently got some actual rain in the weekend, and there's a few blades of GREEN grass showing. Amazing.

Rain - I always love your tlw input. Didn't know you were a friend of L's. Figures. :-6

Galbers - I was sitting on the plane yesterday plugged into my iPod (as one is) when one of your awesome songs suddenly came on!!! When's the CD out???? I gotta have that!!

Pinky - how's life in East Anglia? Did you get snow? My daughter had loads of the white stuff in North London.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Return to “Members' News”