Question for other Ex Smokers??

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Bez

Post by Bez »

Clipper;544174 wrote: Hey Bez if what you have over there does not work to your satisfaction zip me a PM. I'll be happy to send you a bottle of the stuff we have here.....no charge of course!:D

AWww...thanks Clip. I don't know why, but reformed smokers certainly seem to find the smell really repulsive.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

That's true, Bez, and IMHO, the reason is twofold....first, the smell IS repulsive, and secondly, we hate the idea that we imposed that on our friends and family while we were smoking and unaware of the reek!

Truly, a smoker has NO IDEA how awful that smell is!
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Lulu2;544165 wrote: GALBALLY! FIVE DAYS? I AM SOOOOO PROUD OF YOU! Let me kiss you....mmmmmm....smells GOOD!

Lets see how I smell after 5 weeks, I am trying hard lulu, I will keep you posted if its going well, if it goes bad, well, I will slink away. :wah:
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Honey, a setback or two are to be expected. You didn't start smoking overnight and you probably won't stop that way, either. But you're trying and I'm proud of you.

Give us another kiss! ;)
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Lulu2;544213 wrote: Honey, a setback or two are to be expected. You didn't start smoking overnight and you probably won't stop that way, either. But you're trying and I'm proud of you.

Give us another kiss! ;)

Control yourself woman or I will have to get rough. hehehehehehe :yh_tong2 God all the oxygen is finally getting to my brain again, its wonderful! :yh_angel
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
Bez

Post by Bez »

Lulu2;544202 wrote: That's true, Bez, and IMHO, the reason is twofold....first, the smell IS repulsive, and secondly, we hate the idea that we imposed that on our friends and family while we were smoking and unaware of the reek!

Truly, a smoker has NO IDEA how awful that smell is!

I feel deeply guilty about imposing the smell on people for over 45 years....truly horrible.

One thing that I am so pleased about is the fact that I am not continually needing to have a quick puff before i go in a shop or when I come out...no desperate wishing that the hour long train journey would end so that I can find somewhere to 'have a drag'......no dependence on the dreaded nicotine.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

GOOD FOR YOU! Give us a hug, too! Lovely scent you're wearing! ;)

The freedom of not having to think about "where/when" is blissful, isn't it?
Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

Galbally;544023 wrote: Okay, I don't want to tempt fate, but I have not had a cigarette in 5 days, since sunday, so now I am going through the weekend, wish me luck! :-6

Do you hear that Lulu, 5 days! :p

Good going Gal, keep it up! :-4
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Rain

Post by Rain »

Hoorraayy for Galbally and Bez! If we can do it, so can YOU!! Keep it going :)
Red

Post by Red »

Oh definately!

I gave up 3 yrs ago and my mum still smokes, everytime i come from her house my hair and clothes smell so bad i have to jump straight in the shower, and i can always smell it on other people....its awful knowing i used to stink like that. Id hate my little girl to be around that all the time. Weird how when i smoked i never noticed it....
fisher

Post by fisher »

It has been 20 years since I last smoked.Even today I can still smell a smoker a mile away.A few weeks ago a family member(A smoker) got into his cousins car and there son was in the car as well. He is around 2 years old. The first thing the little guy said was "you stink" He wanted his dad to stop the car so he could get out.
A witch will get a better grip on the broom if she is without panties!

Return to “General Chit Chat”