Along with BR's missing Peanut Brittle...

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

...is a large jar of Mesquite seasoning that appears to have vanished from our kitchen. It is one of thos bigger containers, like you would get at Sam's Club or Costco.

I used it one day last week, and now it is gone. Rick noticed it was missing on Saturday morning, when he saw the empty spot on the spice shelf.

So...we have some X-Filed candy and spices.

Where are they???:confused: :confused:
Erinna1112

Post by Erinna1112 »

Geez, this ghost has WEIRD taste in food....
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I swear by my life - and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~Ayn Rand

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

A*M*E*N!
abbey

Post by abbey »

Spooky
Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

Years ago when I lived in my first house, I was doing a job in the lounge.

I was trimming something with quite an intricate shape and this meant a couple of snips with the scissors at a time.

After I made each cut , I put the scissors down next to me and repeated this 50 or so times at about 10 second intervals.

I was kneeling in an area about a yard square, but eventually as I reached for the scissors which had been placed next to my calf on each occasion, they were not there. I stood up and still couldn't see them.

In the remaining years in that house they never showed up. Even to this day, whenever we can't find anything, we always say "It's with the scissors"

I guess that's where the Peanut Brittle is

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
LilacDragon

Post by LilacDragon »

Umm. I lost half a pack of cigarettes yesterday but I found it behind a box in the living room.

I have children, so any time food comes up missing - I know that the culprit was more then likely a child.
Sandi

Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

ArnoldLayne wrote: There is always a rational explanation to these things. You ate them , dont you remember ?

Oh yeah....no wonder I always bleep at the airport :D

Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

Uncle Kram;329319 wrote: Years ago when I lived in my first house, I was doing a job in the lounge.

I was trimming something with quite an intricate shape and this meant a couple of snips with the scissors at a time.

After I made each cut , I put the scissors down next to me and repeated this 50 or so times at about 10 second intervals.

I was kneeling in an area about a yard square, but eventually as I reached for the scissors which had been placed next to my calf on each occasion, they were not there. I stood up and still couldn't see them.

In the remaining years in that house they never showed up. Even to this day, whenever we can't find anything, we always say "It's with the scissors"

I guess that's where the Peanut Brittle is
I've just had another of these unexplained moments.

Before I just washed up I emptied all the bits out of the sink strainer into the kitchen bin. After washing up, I noticed that the strainer was not put back. I hadn't left the area around the sink in all that time so checked through all the stuff I'd washed up, but couldn't see it. Then I dried everything thinking it had to be there, but no. I emptied the bin which didn't have much in it (twice). I've been through every cupboard, looked in the fridges (twice), even in the oven and microwave, also the downstairs toilet even though I never went in there and here in the back room though I never came in here either, but it has just vanished off the face of the earth. All I ever do, is bang it on the inside of the bin to get all the crap out then put it straight back. I would have no reason to put it anywhere else. Even if I'd been in some absent-minded trance, there is nowhere left to look. It's definately with the scissors. :-2

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”