Help......Puppy talk

Discussions about your pets!
nvalleyvee

Help......Puppy talk

Post by nvalleyvee »

My pup is 6 months old. She follows within 3 feet of me everywhere I go and looks for me when I get out of site. If she is asleep when I go to another room she comes to find me when she wakes up. I love this dog. Lately she has been doing a lot of crying and whining and then trying to crawl on my lap..she's 35 pounds...not a lap dog. I TOLD her she needs to speak human but it looks like I need to speak puppy.

Can anyone offer some help?
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
Marie5656

Help......Puppy talk

Post by Marie5656 »

Hmm..the little critter sure has bonded with you. Guess she just does not like being left alone.

Sorry, I do not have any ready answers for you. Hope someone can help.
RedGlitter

Help......Puppy talk

Post by RedGlitter »

It sounds like you need to read some puppy training books. Puppies will follow you a lot, it isn't uncommon but if she follows you to the store and gets run over then that's a problem. If it's something that will become full fledged separation anxiety, that could be a problem too. Don't be harsh with her, don't yell at her or smack her away (not saying you do, just saying don't) and look into some reward training methods to keep her off your lap. I'm no dog trainer but I would ask BabyRider and LilacDragon what they might have to offer.
cherandbuster

Help......Puppy talk

Post by cherandbuster »

RedGlitter;495289 wrote: I would ask BabyRider and LilacDragon what they might have to offer.

Don't forget Val on this one, too . . . she's a virtual dog encyclopedia:-6
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

LilacDragon

Help......Puppy talk

Post by LilacDragon »

Sounds to me like your pup is on his way to developing a case of seperation anxiety. While I have never met a puppy that doesn't follow it's owner around the house, when you get to vocalizations and sneaking into your lap like you describe then your getting into potentially dangerous territory.

Honestly, I think you need to start with a training class to help your pup be more confident. The benefits of a training class far outweigh the cost in so many ways.
Sandi

Return to “The Pets In Our Lives”