martial arts flicks

abortretryfail

martial arts flicks

Post by abortretryfail »

This kicks ass (literally). It’s a compilation of the most brutal martial arts moments from the best martial arts films of all time. OUCH: http://www.maximonline.com/slideshows/v ... src=gx1146 I was happy to see Onk Bak on that list, I think it’s often overlooked cuz it’s Thai, people forget that it’s not just the Chinese that kick ass. On the other hand, I don’t think Karate Kid needed to be there. When it comes to martial arts us Americans definitely don’t kick ass.
Erinna1112

martial arts flicks

Post by Erinna1112 »

A Fistful of Yen.

"What was that? This is not a chawade. We need total concentwation!"

"noooooooo....not Detroit!!!!!"
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I swear by my life - and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~Ayn Rand

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

A*M*E*N!
abortretryfail

martial arts flicks

Post by abortretryfail »

ArnoldLayne;491462 wrote: I grew up watching kung fu films of all sorts. I even loved the ridiculous dubbing. Must have watched hundreds in the early seventies, most awful but some were wonderful. My hero then was Jimmy Wang Yu.

I detest Van Damme and that sort of rubbish. Love Jackie Chan

I'm on the same page. I haven't seen a lot of the old 70's kung fu movies, but almost every one I've seen I've liked (this goes for 70's cinema in general, my favorite). Can't stand Van Damme, no matter what people say about his footwork. What do you think of those people that do that urban stuff where they jump off buildings and around staircases and it's sort of kung-fuesque... dunno what it's called.

Return to “Films Cinema Forum”