The Other White Meat

Discussions about your pets!
K.Snyder

The Other White Meat

Post by K.Snyder »

spot;484834 wrote: Everyone should be homeless at least once in their life, it's educational. What else is life for if not to experience extremes and grow from them?

Just stating the truth...

I do not look down upon Homeless people at all...

All I'm saying is, is that they don't pay taxes like everyone else does, and I simply mentioned, that if they would like to change that, then they should get a job.

Just to clarify.
K.Snyder

The Other White Meat

Post by K.Snyder »

Patsy Warnick;484849 wrote: Once your homeless, you appreciate not being homeless - it is growth and a good experience everyone should go through.

Patsy

Great indeed...

I just don't expect very much from a 58 year old homeless person who has been homeless for years on end, and cares not the food in which to eat nore the possibility of being a parent, but for how much change they can borrow to pick up a bottle of Vodka.
Marie5656

The Other White Meat

Post by Marie5656 »

Hmm...don't people from India revere cows as sacred? What they must think of us who eat the meat of cows.

If a certain food is one my culture eats, then I do not see it as an issue. But in a culture where the people do not see a dog as food..that is different entirely.

Voice of reason here...I do not feel that expanding the thought to eating humans is warranted....as there are no cultures I know of who eat normally eat human flesh.

If I were in a country where thier eating habits where different from what I was used to, then yes, I probably would try it, just to say I have. I am not sure I would come home and want to prepare the same foods...expecially if my own culture did not partake. I was give the opportunity to try Vietnamese cooking. I did not care for it at all. But I ate it once. And probably never will again.
Patsy Warnick

The Other White Meat

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Snyder

Your to young to understand what pushed that person over the edge to drink full time.

They may have already paid they dues - could be a attorney/Doctor who lost everything due to circumstances - or someone who lost their child and never resurfaced. Several reason why one is homeless - you don't have to donate change $$ - but no one can grade another.

Call me when your 58

Patsy
DesignerGal

The Other White Meat

Post by DesignerGal »

Marie5656;484972 wrote:

Voice of reason here...I do not feel that expanding the thought to eating humans is warranted....as there are no cultures I know of who eat normally eat human flesh.

O contraire...

http://www.rotten.com/library/death/cannibalism/

HBIC
spot

The Other White Meat

Post by spot »

DesignerGal;484958 wrote: Would you eat human babies if someone told you they were tender and juicy?
It's all been done before, as the Bare Naked Ladies pointed out.

http://art-bin.com/art/omodest.html

A Modest Proposal For Preventing The Children of Poor People in Ireland From Being Aburden to Their Parents or Country, and For Making Them Beneficial to The Public

By Jonathan Swift (1729)

I am assured by our merchants, that a boy or a girl before twelve years old is no salable commodity; and even when they come to this age they will not yield above three pounds, or three pounds and half-a-crown at most on the exchange; which cannot turn to account either to the parents or kingdom, the charge of nutriment and rags having been at least four times that value.

I shall now therefore humbly propose my own thoughts, which I hope will not be liable to the least objection.

I have been assured by a very knowing American of my acquaintance in London, that a young healthy child well nursed is at a year old a most delicious, nourishing, and wholesome food, whether stewed, roasted, baked, or boiled; and I make no doubt that it will equally serve in a fricassee or a ragout.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Patsy Warnick

The Other White Meat

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I took some chicken out for dinne - my husband asked if it was dog?

I replied MEOW

Patsy
K.Snyder

The Other White Meat

Post by K.Snyder »

Patsy Warnick;484977 wrote: Snyder

Your to young to understand what pushed that person over the edge to drink full time.

They may have already paid they dues - could be a attorney/Doctor who lost everything due to circumstances - or someone who lost their child and never resurfaced. Several reason why one is homeless - you don't have to donate change $$ - but no one can grade another.

Call me when your 58

Patsy

Well, I'm sorry you've taken what I said as being mean,..but I reiterate, I don't have anything against homeless people. The simple fact of the matter is, is they don't benefit society. that was all I said. I then said, if they would like to change that then to get a job. Simple reality is all.

I can assure you, if I lost everything, I would more than be capable of at least getting a job at a fast food restaurant.

I'm not saying that it's impossible for someone to lose everything and become homeless, I am saying that upon such instances, it is equally possible to get a job anywhere, and earning some type of income. People who remain homeless, are so because they chose to be.
Patsy Warnick

The Other White Meat

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Snyder

I understand what you meant - I didn't mean to bite your ass.

I understand your comparison to dog etc. Everything is ok

Patsy
Fibonacci

The Other White Meat

Post by Fibonacci »

Little Chamonix;484911 wrote: YZGI, and don't forget man got to the pole by eating dog.

Out of necessity.
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
spot

The Other White Meat

Post by spot »

Fibonacci;485264 wrote: Out of necessity.
Easier than tins, though. Having legs. There's a lot of sense in taking food that cooperates en route.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
DesignerGal

The Other White Meat

Post by DesignerGal »

Why would you post this under the Pets in Our Lives?

HBIC
Lulu2

The Other White Meat

Post by Lulu2 »

A bid for attention, perhaps? :rolleyes:
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Accountable

The Other White Meat

Post by Accountable »

NNNAAAAAAaaaahhhh!! :yh_youkid
Little Chamonix

The Other White Meat

Post by Little Chamonix »

Because it's Dog related maybe?

Anyway last night I decided to bite the bullet so to speak and I have bought a puppy that I intend to rear for my partners birthday in Janurary (01/10). So here's Henrietta:

Attached files
RedGlitter

The Other White Meat

Post by RedGlitter »

By "rear" are you telling us you intend to fatten up this puppy for a dinner?
K.Snyder

The Other White Meat

Post by K.Snyder »

Little Chamonix;489978 wrote: Because it's Dog related maybe?

A pet is not a food source, and isn't seen that way in the eyes of dog lovers, therefore posting an experience in which one has eaten dog may not necessarily be the best place to put under a pets category in regards to anything.

I surly wouldn't put my breakfast experience in a Charlotte's Web category, but then again, most people who have enjoyed the book, eat bacon regularly, but still it's the principal.
RedGlitter

The Other White Meat

Post by RedGlitter »

Yeah, I would like to know how Chamonex plans to kill the little guy? :thinking:
WonderWendy3

The Other White Meat

Post by WonderWendy3 »

RedGlitter;490094 wrote: Yeah, I would like to know how Chamonex plans to kill the little guy? :thinking:

I rather not. and really wonder why she feels the need to share a picture of him...knowing its a sensitive issue?? Want to upset people that have already stated strongly against knowing about it??

I was trying my best to just go on to next thread...don't say anything...but ooops didn't work!
Shweet tatersalad

The Other White Meat

Post by Shweet tatersalad »

Stop,this is a joke.Just too get a reaction out of us.

Stop posting and this will go away.

Return to “The Pets In Our Lives”